Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Sep 21, 2015
521 posts
181 upvotes
London, ON
zaidyboy wrote: He said IPTV is an option but if you're getting a decent TV package along with rapid internet speeds, why not?

$90 taxes in for 250u + iptv is a decent price however, if you're getting gigabit speeds (unlimited download) along with a decent tv package for $22 more, I'm sure he'd go with the second option.
As a long-time cord cutter, I returned to being a cable customer for the first time in over a decade with the original gigabit promotion back in June.

I've used xbmc/kodi for many years, and had paid Zazeen iptv and Netflix subscriptions.

IPTV -can- work, but not 100% (even with paid subscriptions). Having a channel cut out/jitter fairly often gets annoying really quickly, to the point of also occasionally being unwatchable.

Paying an extra $10-20/month over what I was already paying to have -stable and consistent- cable channels? I could afford it, and it was a reasonable monthly cost to me.

That's where I still feel the $99 gigabit package has 100% hit the sweet spot with pricing. It can bring back the cord-cutters like me. If I was an existing customer paying $150/month or more for a far lesser package? Hell yeah i'd be wanting to switch.
May 22, 2007
958 posts
152 upvotes
cleacy1972 wrote: As a long-time cord cutter, I returned to being a cable customer for the first time in over a decade with the original gigabit promotion back in June.

I've used xbmc/kodi for many years, and had paid Zazeen iptv and Netflix subscriptions.

IPTV -can- work, but not 100% (even with paid subscriptions). Having a channel cut out/jitter fairly often gets annoying really quickly, to the point of also occasionally being unwatchable.

Paying an extra $10-20/month over what I was already paying to have -stable and consistent- cable channels? I could afford it, and it was a reasonable monthly cost to me.

That's where I still feel the $99 gigabit package has 100% hit the sweet spot with pricing. It can bring back the cord-cutters like me. If I was an existing customer paying $150/month or more for a far lesser package? Hell yeah i'd be wanting to switch.
i totally agree with you! i have friends that kept a basic/starter cable package just bc of the seldom unstable IPTV service.
Last edited by Deevusone on Jan 5th, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 24, 2016
53 posts
26 upvotes
For new customers:
99$ for gigabit + popular
2 yr contract
No fees
Expires March 2017
Basic Homephone 10$ / 3 feature + canada wide 25$
Add NA calling for 10$

Internet only:
70$ for 250u
60$ for 100u
50$ for 60mbps with 400gb
40$ for 30 mbps with 300gb
No contract 1 year price guarantee
No fees
Expiry: Unknown
Basic homephone: 15$ (2 feature)/ 20$ (6 features) Add NA calling for 10$

Promotions:

Tmn and hbo free for 2 months

Multicultural channels 50% off for 1 year

For existing customers:
#1: Call retention say a Rogers field sales rep came to your door and offered you one of the above deals and you want to know if they can offer something better otherwise you're going to go with that deal.

#2 Go check out the bell retention thread and see what bell field sales reps are offering, call retention and say that a bell rep came to your door and is offering that deal and you're thinking of cancelling and switching over unless they can offer something better.

#3 Like Oklam said you can cancel one service or all and sign up as a new customer under a new name( spouse, sibling, roommate) and get access to all the new customer deals

#4: Go down the escalations path, you can look through this thread as to what people who've had success going down that path have said/done

*I've seen #1 work so that's why its #1
Last edited by Abz905 on Jan 5th, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Promo activator
Rogers Field Sales
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5048 posts
2555 upvotes
Northside
Abz905 wrote: For new customers:
99$ for gigabit + popular
2 yr contract
No fees
Expires March 2017

70$ for 250u
60$ for 100u
No contract
No fees

For existing customers:
#1: Call retention say a Rogers field sales rep came to your door and offered you one of the above deals and you want to know if they can offer something better otherwise you're going to go with that deal.

#2 Go check out the bell retention thread and see what bell field sales reps are offering, call retention and say that a bell rep came to your door and is offering that deal and you're thinking of cancelling and switching over unless they can offer something better.

#3 Like Oklam said you can cancel one service or all and sign up as a new customer under a new name( spouse, sibling, roommate) and get access to all the new customer deals

#4: Go down the escalations path, you can look through this thread as to what people who've had success going down that path have said/done

*I've seen #1 work so that's why its #1
I don't understand the repetitiveness on this thread...honestly.
Oct 6, 2008
388 posts
99 upvotes
bolton, ont
iptv does not equal android boxes/kodi. its not comparable to cable tv .
zazeen is iptv and cost $/mnth and is more or less comparable to cable tv
Nov 15, 2015
369 posts
574 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I recently add home phone to our homes tv/internet bundle and the technician is coming in tomorrow to set things up. Am I able to qualify for any of those netflix promotions now?
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
KingAli wrote: I recently add home phone to our homes tv/internet bundle and the technician is coming in tomorrow to set things up. Am I able to qualify for any of those netflix promotions now?
2 Days after installation occurs, then you call the call center and they will email you the promotional code.

Assuming the TV/Internet bundle are new services.
Last edited by Olkams on Jan 5th, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lead Generator Rogers Field Sales
Oct 24, 2016
53 posts
26 upvotes
Isn't the Netflix promotion when you activated 2 products (3 months) or 3 products (6 months)
Promo activator
Rogers Field Sales
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
Abz905 wrote: Isn't the Netflix promotion when you activated 2 products (3 months) or 3 products (6 months)
2 products - 3 months free
3 Products - 6 months free
4 products - 1 year free
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5048 posts
2555 upvotes
Northside
Abz905 wrote: Isn't the Netflix promotion when you activated 2 products (3 months) or 3 products (6 months)
yep
Nov 23, 2012
309 posts
78 upvotes
I already have 6 months of Netflix with my Gig/VIP bundle, I also subscribe to Rogers smart home monitoring. If I add a $10 basic home phone will Rogers extend my Netflix for another 6 months?
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
dmflash1 wrote: I already have 6 months of Netflix with my Gig/VIP bundle, I also subscribe to Rogers smart home monitoring. If I add a $10 basic home phone will Rogers extend my Netflix for another 6 months?
Dec 31 2016 is listed as the end date for the Netflix bundle offers.

States that it was only for 3 product bundles (but thats incorrect 4 product bundles got 1 year free)
Id say call the call center.

Reason being that you could probably argue and get 6 months free. Right now there is a revolving offer for people who lost Shomi (theyre being offered Netflix free for 6 months) So im betting a manager could apply the code to you if you make a stink about it since you would be a 3 product customer. Theyre not risking much to throw in extra Netflix.

Worth a shot.
May 12, 2004
766 posts
71 upvotes
Got my install done for all 3 services Phone TV Internet, speeds are 800+ on wired, (had to upgrade 2 switches to GB too!) wifi maxes out at about 110mb or so still much faster than Bell and cheaper by far (for the next 2 yrs or so anyway!)

Thanks to the RFD Community these types of deals and discussions make it great and I found a really good rep !
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5048 posts
2555 upvotes
Northside
icu_nxtime wrote: Got my install done for all 3 services Phone TV Internet, speeds are 800+ on wired, (had to upgrade 2 switches to GB too!) wifi maxes out at about 110mb or so still much faster than Bell and cheaper by far (for the next 2 yrs or so anyway!)

Thanks to the RFD Community these types of deals and discussions make it great and I found a really good rep !
Nice, solid speeds. You'll probably see an increase in speeds (wired and wifi) in a few days. In the first few days, it's always up and down but then stabilizes over time.
Nov 1, 2016
1 posts
5 upvotes
Hi Everyone,

I just want to share my story with all of you and hope it will help you getting the infamous U63 deal. I was an existing rogers customer with ignite 150 and digital plus cable paying 129 a month. My "deal" expired the 29th of December going to regular price. I really wanted gigabit and the U63 deal was something that I tried to get for the past 6 months.

So I call in on dec 27 to renegotiate the price and they essentially offered ignite 100 and popular cable package for the same price (they basically downgraded my internet). I fought hard with the customer relation dept but nothing, if I wanted gigabit I had to pay the full price.

I call bell and get their 59.99 deal for fibe 50 and cancel rogers. I was waiting for a call from the winback dept but nothing... so I decided to use the number in the thread and call them saying I had a miss call.

The lady very helpful listens to me and i expressed my disappointed as to why new customers get a way better pricing than a loyal customer like I am. She looked in the deal but nothing, she said it was based on postal code and mine wasn't part of the group. She basically offers me the same thing the first agent did.

Fine I close the phone and as a last resort I go on their Facebook page and send a private message to them explaining the whole situation and again to why new customers would get a better pricing than a loyal customer.

They responded after 1 hour and it took them about 15 minutes for each reply. At the agent asked me what I wanted in order to stay and I said the $99 deal. The agent comes back 20 minutes later and said that they would give it to me.

Called bell and cancelled the install and today I am going to get the new modem and enjoy the speed.

It took me about 6 months with calls chats etc but at the end I was successful. Just don't give up!

Hope this helps..

Asso
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11394 posts
7808 upvotes
GTA, ON
Abz905 wrote: Internet only:
70$ for 250u
60$ for 100u
No contract 1 year price guarantee
No fees
Good to know. I just switched to Fido $60 60/10u with $180 3mth credit. I was thinking of dropping down to $50 30/5 (300) after the credit period but it's $10 cheaper here. Can use this to either get a PM at Fido or go back to Rogers (if I don't decide to go to another ISP). Same company at the end of the day so it shouldn't matter to head office.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5048 posts
2555 upvotes
Northside
Asso90 wrote: Hi Everyone,

I just want to share my story with all of you and hope it will help you getting the infamous U63 deal. I was an existing rogers customer with ignite 150 and digital plus cable paying 129 a month. My "deal" expired the 29th of December going to regular price. I really wanted gigabit and the U63 deal was something that I tried to get for the past 6 months.

So I call in on dec 27 to renegotiate the price and they essentially offered ignite 100 and popular cable package for the same price (they basically downgraded my internet). I fought hard with the customer relation dept but nothing, if I wanted gigabit I had to pay the full price.

I call bell and get their 59.99 deal for fibe 50 and cancel rogers. I was waiting for a call from the winback dept but nothing... so I decided to use the number in the thread and call them saying I had a miss call.

The lady very helpful listens to me and i expressed my disappointed as to why new customers get a way better pricing than a loyal customer like I am. She looked in the deal but nothing, she said it was based on postal code and mine wasn't part of the group. She basically offers me the same thing the first agent did.

Fine I close the phone and as a last resort I go on their Facebook page and send a private message to them explaining the whole situation and again to why new customers would get a better pricing than a loyal customer.

They responded after 1 hour and it took them about 15 minutes for each reply. At the agent asked me what I wanted in order to stay and I said the $99 deal. The agent comes back 20 minutes later and said that they would give it to me.

Called bell and cancelled the install and today I am going to get the new modem and enjoy the speed.

It took me about 6 months with calls chats etc but at the end I was successful. Just don't give up!

Hope this helps..

Asso
Good stuff and thanks for the detailed breakdown and sharing your experience.

Always be persistent and never give up is what I stand by .
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Good to know. I just switched to Fido $60 60/10u with $180 3mth credit. I was thinking of dropping down to $50 30/5 (300) after the credit period but it's $10 cheaper here. Can use this to either get a PM at Fido or go back to Rogers (if I don't decide to go to another ISP). Same company at the end of the day so it shouldn't matter to head office.
Theres also a hidden Ignite 30u for $50 that alot of people dont know about
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5048 posts
2555 upvotes
Northside
Olkams wrote: Theres also a hidden Ignite 30u for $50 that alot of people dont know about
people do know about it...it's been offered for months. Scroll back pages dating back to September OR October and you'll find it.

Most people are interested in the U63, only!
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: people do know about it...it's been offered for months. Scroll back pages dating back to September OR October and you'll find it.

Most people are interested in the U63, only!
Depends what youre looking for. A lot of seniors have picked this up as its a very low cost for assurity that your bill wont increase coupled with a basic tv and home phone.

it all depends who youve been speaking to.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)