Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
8092 posts
349 upvotes
winner2000 wrote: Just out of curiosity, when people mentioned they chatted with Rogers online for billing/promos/etc. - is this through their website or somewhere else?
mostly live chat via rogers website
Mar 19, 2019
78 posts
50 upvotes
mississauga
nirianto wrote: Went through live chat on Rogers website, offered gigabit $49.99 for a year. I was on a gigabit promotional offer for $29.99 (recently went up to 32.99) and will expire on Feb 2020. Decided to take this offer.

I am in Mississauga L5M.
I am located in the same area but could get this offer as a new customer. I tried live chat, FB and call
The best they could offer me gigabit for 70$ :(
May 18, 2019
933 posts
513 upvotes
AbhishekP69629 wrote: I am located in the same area but could get this offer as a new customer. I tried live chat, FB and call
The best they could offer me gigabit for 70$ :(
You might get a better price than $70 through a door-to-door rep.
Mar 19, 2019
78 posts
50 upvotes
mississauga
NobleFalcon1 wrote: You might get a better price than $70 through a door-to-door rep.
A "door-to-door" rep this is new. Any way i can get in touch with them?
Sep 5, 2007
762 posts
45 upvotes
1 Gigabyte internet, postal code Richmondhill.

Contract ending in FEB, called to see what deal I could get. $59+Tax.
Went online to FB, in 1/2 hour, i got $48 tax in. Signed for another year.
Jan 23, 2017
39 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough
Pbc100 wrote: Just logged into my account. Here's the offer I have:

Unlimited Ignite Internet - 1 Gigabit
Ignite TV Premier with 1 Free Box Rental with 200 hours of Cloud PVR Storage
Ignite Home Phone
$150 Rogers Mastercard and Free Installation

Total - $119.99 a month

I currently am on the "old" cable plan of $37.99 for Gigabit Internet, $62.99 for Premier TV and $22.99 for home phone or $123.97 per month. I have 4 Nextbox boxes that I've purchased over the years, so no rental.

Is this the best offer available right now? Anyone been able to get a couple more boxes thrown in with the plan?

My existing digital cable deal expires Sept 2020. May just stick with that given the boxes I have purchased.
Deals offered by both Rogers and Bell vary a great deal depending on who you talk with. Below is current regular pricing for top tier Rogers and Bell as of today.
The $119/month for Rogers Top Tier Ignite Package Offer is good considering regular price is $184.99/Month. Bell knocked on my door and offered $109.90 for their top Tier package for 2 yrs....Which is very competitive. But since I also own a few PVR's ....I am not ready to switch to IP TV, although it's the future direction... it still has teething issues.. My current plan similar to yours is running out but at $140/month and I will need to renegotiate a new one. So it looks around $110 - 120/month plus tax for either Bell or Rogers Top Tier plans incl Home phone and less for lower tiers. Let us know if anyone has been able to negotiate lower rates for 2 yr packages.

Rogers top Tier Package:
• Ignite Premier TV (191 channels)
• Ignite TV box incl. 200 hrs cloud storage ….additional TV boxes@ $8.00
• Ignite Gigabit Internet (1Gbps/30Mbps)
• Ignite WiFi HUB/Modem
• Free Install
• $150 Mastercard Gift card
• 2 yr Plan = $164.99/month plus tax
• With Home Phone = $184.99 plus tax
• plus $10/month extra for 4K channels

Bell top Tier Package:
• Premium Fibe TV (160 channels incl 4K channels)
• 4K PVR
• Fibe Internet (1Gbps/750Mbps)
• Fibe Modem
• Installation $59.95
• $150 Gift card
• 2yr Plan $159.90/month plus tax
• With Home phone = 169.90 plus tax
Jan 18, 2017
422 posts
449 upvotes
L3Z here - Internet only--..just re-upped previous 29.99 GB plan(later raised to 35.99) to $49.99 beginning my next billing cycle on the 10th via chat..would not budge on better pricing..no better deal for 300u or 500u either

was told If better deal is offered can call back to get that pricing.

just infuriates me how there is varied pricing throughout the province depending on where you live, new vs current cust., whole thing just makes me mad..
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
bpopman67 wrote: L3Z here - Internet only--..just re-upped previous 29.99 GB plan(later raised to 35.99) to $49.99 beginning my next billing cycle on the 10th via chat..would not budge on better pricing..no better deal for 300u or 500u either

was told If better deal is offered can call back to get that pricing.

just infuriates me how there is varied pricing throughout the province depending on where you live, new vs current cust., whole thing just makes me mad..
Agree.

Seems like no one has 'standardized' offers but rather variable discount codes that get applied, based on the 'mood' of the agent.

None the less, I signed up for $35 100mbit offer at Virgin last night. They were able to set the install date for first of Feb (when my deal expires). This is my back up if Rogers isn't able to do anything to extend my current 1GB for $32.99. Day to day surfing and netflix is going to be same (if not bit better on FTTH), whether it is 1000mbit or 100mbit.
Dec 21, 2014
38 posts
24 upvotes
Markham, ON
bpopman67 wrote:
Yup, they are able to see what Bell can offer based on where you live. For me, they know that Bell can only offer me internet speeds of 5mbps (I am in an area where 50/100 is available, but all the nodes are taken) so they don't have to give me a good deal like the $29.99 500u deals others have been getting.
Dec 27, 2013
664 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
Reality is the vast majority of their customers are likely on $150 to $300 per month plans for gigabit, home phone and premium or whatever TV service. So it wouldn't make sense for them to offer $119/month to everyone, else their revenue would plummet.

But yeah, being on the other side of that is infuriating. Prior to sites like these I guess ignorance was bliss.
Jun 3, 2009
8 posts
My 500u plan expires in early January so i though I would see what was being offered via Rogers messenger site. I also have Rogers cable with two owned PVR's and am topping out at $87 dollars for both services. TV service (Popular) runs until July. Asked if I could sync these services and what was being offered.
They came back with the Ignite Popular TV package and Ignite 500u internet for $137.99 plus tax. This included 2 boxes and the $149 installation fee was waived. This was on a 1yr term.
Might see what retentions might offer.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Pbc100 wrote: Reality is the vast majority of their customers are likely on $150 to $300 per month plans for gigabit, home phone and premium or whatever TV service. So it wouldn't make sense for them to offer $119/month to everyone, else their revenue would plummet.

But yeah, being on the other side of that is infuriating. Prior to sites like these I guess ignorance was bliss.
They know that there are certain profiles that wont be with them till its discounted, hence, they try to ensure that they just dont give them out but will also ensure the minimum base for certain servcies stays with them for network utilization and overall ROI.

This is where Bell had messed up with their FTTH offers, they were attractive but then became very bad, and most folks switched over to Rogers and Rogers isn't letting them go back. and FTTH is very expensive to rollout.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Ok folks. 2nd time is the charm. Used FB chat and got 1GB for $39.xx incl taxes. I live in a FTTH area, so Bell is definitely aggressive in the area through field reps.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2199 posts
4609 upvotes
Mississauga
Getting offered 33.89 on Facebook including taxes for gigabit, should I take up the offer?
Telus $30/75gb US-Canada Plan x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
VVM, 2000 LD minutes, CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ AppleWatch, 5$ CAN-US only Tablet
Rogers $48.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2199 posts
4609 upvotes
Mississauga
sienna owner wrote: Yes
Waiting for confirmation of the plan being applied at the end of my cycle.
Telus $30/75gb US-Canada Plan x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
VVM, 2000 LD minutes, CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ AppleWatch, 5$ CAN-US only Tablet
Rogers $48.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Aug 1, 2014
89 posts
16 upvotes
Mars
How do you engage Rogers on facebook.. Bit of a nob question.. :)

jadoogar wrote: Getting offered 33.89 on Facebook including taxes for gigabit, should I take up the offer?
Jan 18, 2017
422 posts
449 upvotes
cb900f2 wrote: How do you engage Rogers on facebook.. Bit of a nob question.. :)

Yes, how do you do Facebook thing?
Jan 13, 2009
6 posts
1 upvote
kitchener
Just chatted on Rogers website looking for a comparable offer to what I have.
Was offered this, sigh.

Ignite Popular TV
Ignite 500U internet
Home phone
$170 tax included

Told then no thanks, and to set my cancellation.
They said fine, that when I move to another service and port my number, that in itself would cancel my service.
20+ years of loyalty not worth much to them tonight it seems.
Jan 18, 2017
422 posts
449 upvotes
jadoogar wrote: Getting offered 33.89 on Facebook including taxes for gigabit, should I take up the offer?
Yes..where do you live? First 3 characters of your postal code if you dont mind? Are you a new customer of Roger's?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)