Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Feb 15, 2008
174 posts
16 upvotes
BTweee wrote: my first yr promotions were due, recently renegotiated for my 2nd year running...

$40.13 for digital vip with free pvr for 12 months (2nd yr)
$46plus tax for extreme internet
$30 for wireless plan.

pretty sweet. :)

What did you say to renegotiate plan have a tried a couple times and no success
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3500 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
BTweee wrote: my first yr promotions were due, recently renegotiated for my 2nd year running...

$30 for wireless plan.

how did you get the digital vip for that price? I tried to renew my promotions but the best retentions could do was 20% digital vip and extend me HD PVR rental.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1334 posts
1026 upvotes

$30 for wireless plan.

Same question as the above poster!
How did you manage to renegotiate that price?

Everyone I heard from could only manage the 20% discount!

You got a sick, sick plan there!
Jul 28, 2008
676 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
I also got the famous Victor deal 2 weeks ago. It comes with a standard digital box. He told me to call and ask for the PVR, said everyone gets it. I've been unable to get a free HD PVR, I've called twice. The first time I know I was put through to retentions, and they guy was happy to tell me my options for cancelling without penalty before Sept 18, but wouldn't offer anything. Second time I called, I wasn't put through, but the rep gave me some other number to call, some retail fulfillment department. I'm sick of calling them every day (tried it with phone a few weeks ago as well, no luck there either), and I'm afraid they'll flag me if I keep it up. Any advice? How many times can I reasonably try?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
86 upvotes
my 2 HD receiver promotion will end in NOV......i've got them both for free for 2 yrs already and i've wonder if it's possible to get them a HD PVR for free rental for another year ? i have total of 3 HD receivers, 2 of them is rental and i brought one a few months back.

my Cable TV is around $80 with all sports theme, HD channels and setenta sport

of course they charged me the DSF

my internet is 30% off on the Express

my home phone is around $32 with 2 feature and 500 LD

and i have 2 cell phone line and one with data and pays around $100 for both phone together.

i tried to get a HD PVR for awhile but no luck. tried to get them waived the DSF no luck also, any suggestion ?
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1334 posts
1026 upvotes
noob666 wrote: my 2 HD receiver promotion will end in NOV......i've got them both for free for 2 yrs already and i've wonder if it's possible to get them a HD PVR for free rental for another year ? i have total of 3 HD receivers, 2 of them is rental and i brought one a few months back.

my Cable TV is around $80 with all sports theme, HD channels and setenta sport

of course they charged me the DSF

my internet is 30% off on the Express

my home phone is around $32 with 2 feature and 500 LD

and i have 2 cell phone line and one with data and pays around $100 for both phone together.

i tried to get a HD PVR for awhile but no luck. tried to get them waived the DSF no luck also, any suggestion ?
I called back today and had the HD PVR added by saying Bell offered it to me as well. DSF waive was one of the things offered by the cancellations rep after I said I wanted to switch all my services over to Bell.
Nov 4, 2008
411 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
I think I am stuck when I try to renegotiate. I bought a condo townhouse that has basic cable in their maint fee. I subsrcibe to VIP, and HD channels, have the fre PVR and 20% off my whole bill. The 20% and free HD are ending soon, so I want to try to renegotiate but they know i wont go to Bell since the rogers is already included in my bill.
Feb 2, 2008
207 posts
31 upvotes
Vaughan
When calling, how do you approach it? Do you threaten to cancel or just literally ask him for the deals available? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3246 posts
1807 upvotes
I just called and negotiated 20% off my ROGERS cable bill. Other than that, they wouldn't budge. VIP comes out to $54.xx tax included.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
361 upvotes
$52 for Digital VIP is still not good enough for me. The closest Bell package (Essentials), which is actually cheaper for me because I'm bundling, has way more HD channels and better SD channels.
Feb 18, 2003
992 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
Miguel wrote:
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY (GTA):

-$35 Digital VIP cable
-Standard Box Rental
-Theme Pack (free for 3 months)
-12 month contract, $29 installation fee (after $20 waive credit)
** At Request: Can possibly also get you 3 months free Rogers Express internet, or 3 months of Rogers Extreme internet for $10.
Can only get this from Victor, who you could reach at (416) 823-4988.
Thanks to innacana for the original find

Any way to get a free HD-PVR with this?
Where it say "-Standard Box Rental" is that free or you have to pay that?
If you already have Internet, can a credit be issued on your account or some other promo offered instead?
Can this be combined with the $300 HD-PVR BB purchase + $100 programming credit?
What is the difference between Digital VIP Cable and the VIP Package or is it the same thing?

I was offered the following when I called them a few nights ago telling them I already own 2 of the Rogers HD PVR Boxes and looking to see what they can offer me if I were to leave Bell and sign back up with them. I'm glad I did not pull the trigger and say yes just yet.

VIP Package
-$60.48 VIP Package / month
- $8.95 HD Service / month
- minus $8.00 for bundling with Internet
Internet
- $36.99 1ST YEAR 10MBPS / 60 GB PER MONTH
- 6 FREE PPV Movies
- 1 FREE Month of MOVIE NETWORK (Including HBO Canada)
Aug 25, 2008
599 posts
45 upvotes
I have promotions ending September 21st - called the other day and the girl said it would be better to call AFTER my current deals expire...

Right now I have:

HDPVR
Digital VIP
HD Pack
Home phone (no features)
Express Internet

And I pay about $118 everything in....I would like to keep this price...
Nov 4, 2008
411 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
You can do better than this. At least get 20% off your bill.
romm2002a wrote: What is the difference between Digital VIP Cable and the VIP Package or is it the same thing?

I was offered the following when I called them a few nights ago telling them I already own 2 of the Rogers HD PVR Boxes and looking to see what they can offer me if I were to leave Bell and sign back up with them. I'm glad I did not pull the trigger and say yes just yet.

VIP Package
-$60.48 VIP Package / month
- $8.95 HD Service / month
- minus $8.00 for bundling with Internet
Internet
- $36.99 1ST YEAR 10MBPS / 60 GB PER MONTH
- 6 FREE PPV Movies
- 1 FREE Month of MOVIE NETWORK (Including HBO Canada)
Feb 18, 2003
992 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
Is the number posted Victor's direct number or do I need to ask for Victor? Also wondering if I need to quote RFD in my conversation?
Mar 6, 2005
638 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Just sign-up with Victor today. Installation date will be Sept 26th. I will update everyone with my experience on the first bill.
Victor, if you are reading this .... thank you for your help. AND ....I hope there will be no surprises when I receive the first bill.

When I talked to customer retention ... they said it is no way they can offer Digital VIP for $35 ... so we shall see if Victor live up to his promises.
danyo wrote:
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY (TORONTO/OTTAWA/?):

-$35 Digital VIP cable
-Standard Box Rental
-Theme Pack (free for 3 months)
-12 month contract, $29 installation fee (after $20 waive credit)
** At Request: Can possibly also get you 3 months free Rogers Express internet, or 3 months of Rogers Extreme internet for $10.
Can only get this from Victor, who you could reach at (416) 823-4988.
Thanks to innacana for the original find
!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3945 posts
1376 upvotes
Vancouver
romm2002a wrote: Is the number posted Victor's direct number or do I need to ask for Victor? Also wondering if I need to quote RFD in my conversation?
Should be his cell phone number, but when he answers, just confirm that you're speaking to him.

I didn't quote RFD, I just said I heard about a digital VIP package deal through him and asked what the pricing was.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
2550 posts
572 upvotes
After the last rates increase I snapped, called Rogers and cancelled my internet (knowing they would call me back). After I was done cancelling the account, before I could even hang up they offered me Express for $32/month for 12 months.

You have to actually cancel the account to get the retention deals. There is a 30 day "cooling down" period before they actually stop the account. During that time someone from customer retention will call you back.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1420 posts
85 upvotes
I have actually cancelled my TV with Rogers after 1 yr of HDPVR discounts etc , the retention guy only offered me 20% off digital vip which is like some $ 52 ..where I was paying $ 44 with taxes ...so I cancelled....

should I now call back and ask for better deal or just call Victor for the $ 35 deal.... :D
Thank you in advance for your help !
May 18, 2008
26 posts
6 upvotes
Here's what I managed to get today:
30% off Express Internet
20% off Digital VIP Cable
Free HD-PVR for a year
20% off Superstation, TMN, HDTV Specialty Channel Package.

Couldn't get them to remove the Digital Services Fee or make the HD-non-PVR box I have free for a year as well, oh well.

Saved about $40 a month, which isn't so bad I suppose.
May 26, 2009
263 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
who is victor? can somebody tell me his number coz i wanted to have a better deal with my bundle of internet phone and cable tv coz im thinking of cancelling my internet and phone services from rogers

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)