Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Oct 2, 2006
72 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
Cancelled and then called 866-600-9112 (WINBACK TEAM)

Went from 120ish$ offered with 500Mbps internet, basic tv and some sports channels ------->>>> 500mbps Ignite and Ignite TV popular for $90 for 1 year promo
Nov 20, 2020
1 posts
Looking to get a bundle 1GB dl/30 up internet with phone and tv in the L6A area!! If there are any reps please help ! :)
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
2255 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
Is the winback team only available from Monday to Friday?
Jul 22, 2009
86 posts
55 upvotes
Ottawa
hydronaut wrote: Actually looks like it is $110.99 with one box. For some reason through when I click this option it adds crave tv and 2 extra boxes making it 146.
Welcome to the club. @dxbender and myself, among others got burned by that offer. The offer claims a price with 4 boxes, but when you take the offer it's the price posted plus (in my case) 3 boxes at $8 each. Definitely false advertisement.
Dec 19, 2019
12 posts
8 upvotes
Anyone ever have luck extending their one year promo? What’s the best way to go about this or keeping it around~ the same price. I honestly won’t mind switching back to Bell, loved Bell Fibe.
Sep 7, 2017
549 posts
376 upvotes
TripleGem2 wrote: Anyone have a contact for Waterloo Region? We are looking to renew with the following services:

Gigabit (that always runs at 300/30, never bother calling in about it so it's a technical issue) Popular TV and Crave + Movies + HBO for $125.99. Originally it was $120 + tax. We would like to stick with this price or lower if we can. Not worried about gift cards. Just continued service but getting the internet speed resolved.

(Ignite TV Popular+Gigabit Ultd, Crave + Movies)

Thank you

You can probably get the service for the same price or a little less, but without crave/hbo/movies. They are no longer offering it for free or discounted which I what I was told. Had the same package as you (digital, not newer ignite).
Sep 7, 2017
549 posts
376 upvotes
hydronaut wrote: Actually looks like it is $110.99 with one box. For some reason through when I click this option it adds crave tv and 2 extra boxes making it 146.
It automatically does a like for like based on your current setup. You have to phone in to customize. Had the same problem through website. You probably have crave and three boxes currently.
Jan 17, 2009
126 posts
52 upvotes
Bidjaan wrote: It automatically does a like for like based on your current setup. You have to phone in to customize. Had the same problem through website. You probably have crave and three boxes currently.
Ahh makes sense. Have 3 digital boxes but own 2 and no crave. Was on hold back in forth with rogers for hours. They were getting some error on their end and so was I when trying to checkout with 2 boxes. Tried later on and it worked so must have been some system issue. So 118.99 per month for ignite premier, 2 boxes, and gigibit internet. Not bad but was paying less for my old legacy package but not by much.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1147 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
bubaglobalj wrote: I just got the Ignite Popular TV bundle and 1GigaBit internet for 105.99/months, which is a $65 saving for the bundle. Promo is good for one year. Rogers called it an "exclusive customer relations offer".
Where are you located? I'm in Ottawa and all I got was Popular Tv + Ignite 150 for 115.99+HST. It's better than the 155.99 I was paying before but i'd love to get that offer.
Jan 4, 2008
591 posts
291 upvotes
Mississauga
Steelhawk wrote: Welcome to the club. @dxbender and myself, among others got burned by that offer. The offer claims a price with 4 boxes, but when you take the offer it's the price posted plus (in my case) 3 boxes at $8 each. Definitely false advertisement.
Ya, I called them out on false advertising and had to get them to honour it.

They gave you a price, told you what you'd get, but then the billed price claimed otherwise.

I mean why advertise something like a plan with 3 boxes for $150 when the actual price ended up being $166. Couldn't they have just said the plan with 1 box for $150 and any additional box is $8? So I had to call them out on it.

However, the deal I was offered still sucks. I only took it because I wanted to switch to Ignite (which imo isn't a drastic improvement quality wise vs legacy. Their UI for the ignite boxes is worse than the nextbox,specifically when it comes to the recordings, but it's a big improvement over those old HDPVR boxes from years back, specifically their on demand availability and easiness to access which episodes of a show are free to you on various services such as on demand, netflix, prime, etc.).

Now that I have ignite though, I at least can negotiate with them. Definitely gonna try to do the cancel route and hope winback calls. I'm just hoping if I call to cancel, I can uncancel if i cant get a good deal. Or if winback offers bad deals.
Dec 8, 2017
494 posts
230 upvotes
engman13 wrote: Where are you located? I'm in Ottawa and all I got was Popular Tv + Ignite 150 for 115.99+HST. It's better than the 155.99 I was paying before but i'd love to get that offer.
I'm also in Ottawa and I used the Rogers chat function and used the same argument that I always use, that I just use TV for Crave and sports, and that I don't really need cable for that as I could get that separately, bla bla bla. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1147 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
bubaglobalj wrote: I'm also in Ottawa and I used the Rogers chat function and used the same argument that I always use, that I just use TV for Crave and sports, and that I don't really need cable for that as I could get that separately, bla bla bla. Good luck!
I absolutely hate the inconsistencies between customers. I wiukd have been happy if my package included ignite 500 but I hsd to pay even more for it and more for gig. I'll try giving them a call again and seeing if there's any more I csn do. What number did you call?
Jan 4, 2008
591 posts
291 upvotes
Mississauga
When "cancelling", do you outright just contact then and be like "I want to cancel my services effective (date)" and that's it?

Will they try offering something through live chat first?
bubaglobalj wrote: I'm also in Ottawa and I used the Rogers chat function and used the same argument that I always use, that I just use TV for Crave and sports, and that I don't really need cable for that as I could get that separately, bla bla bla. Good luck!
So through live chat you managed to get a good deal? Was your plan expiring soon? Was your original price comparable to this new plan price?
Dec 8, 2017
494 posts
230 upvotes
dxbender wrote: When "cancelling", do you outright just contact then and be like "I want to cancel my services effective (date)" and that's it?

Will they try offering something through live chat first?

So through live chat you managed to get a good deal? Was your plan expiring soon? Was your original price comparable to this new plan price?
My previous (similar) plan would have expired in March. And @engman13 as I said, I used chat.
Jul 31, 2009
136 posts
33 upvotes
hvc wrote: Did you swing the $200 prepaid mastercard, or you accepted before they offered that?

My understanding is the discount is $75 on the ignite bundles, so 500u+flex5 is $65, 500u+starter is $60. So, 500u+Popular is ~$95. But, seeing as yours is $101, this might be before the $6 increase.
Asked about the gift card and they said they could not offer that via their department (retentions? not sure if I was talking to regular rep). My guess is you can probably get gift cards through Winback or new customer. I think the rep said discount was $65 off Ignite bundle.
Jan 17, 2009
126 posts
52 upvotes
engman13 wrote: Where are you located? I'm in Ottawa and all I got was Popular Tv + Ignite 150 for 115.99+HST. It's better than the 155.99 I was paying before but i'd love to get that offer.
Mine would was ignite premier and gigabit internet for 110.99 per moth. This was available for me on my online profile but added extra box for $8.00.
Oct 8, 2002
618 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
louisn wrote: Cancelled and then called 866-600-9112 (WINBACK TEAM)

Went from 120ish$ offered with 500Mbps internet, basic tv and some sports channels ------->>>> 500mbps Ignite and Ignite TV popular for $90 for 1 year promo
Is the PVR included in that?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1147 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
hydronaut wrote: Mine would was ignite premier and gigabit internet for 110.99 per moth. This was available for me on my online profile but added extra box for $8.00.
Where do you go on your My Rogers to see any offers? Thats a really good offer for premier and gigabit
Oct 17, 2003
407 posts
34 upvotes
Etobicoke
Any idea how to get a hold of Zedd team, I had someone call but it sounded sketch but if people say it was real, I am interested in there offer.
Jan 17, 2009
126 posts
52 upvotes
engman13 wrote: Where do you go on your My Rogers to see any offers? Thats a really good offer for premier and gigabit
Just showed up as a special offer when I viewed the bundles. Was on digital before but this was close in price and seemed decent. Either than not being able to initially check out and the agents having issues did not even have to ask for the price. Looks like they already increased the bundle price to 204.99.

This is how the discount was broken down on the agreement e-mailed to me.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 6 guests)

jadoogar