Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18724 posts
4901 upvotes
Toronto
smoraes wrote: ignite doesn't work with the nextbox pvr's or digital boxes - they gave me $50 for nextbox 3 pvr that was owned ( hdd was really failing for months :) and $25 for each nextbox digital box that was owned as trade in so will get that credit in couple weeks ( had 4 boxes total so only 1 was on rent )
How long has the delay before getting the credits, for those of you who returned owned PVR and TV box units? The sales guy said it could be up to three months, but that seems like an awfully long delay.

I bought a bunch in at the end of December.
Jun 30, 2019
96 posts
128 upvotes
I'm a new customer looking for Rogers promotion in Brampton. Please contact me if you are a Rogers rep and can help out.
Feb 26, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Can a Rogers rep PM me.

On a monthly 300mbps plan don't need or want tv or phone. Just internet.
Apr 14, 2010
53 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
I see all these requests for rep to PM. Does any rep actually check this forum and PM people and offer deals? Is this only for new customers or existing ones as well? Just wondering
Jun 25, 2017
677 posts
289 upvotes
Question for new users with cable. I know the nhl package usually has a free trial for a week when the season starts but I don’t see that anywhere explained in the guide or an email .

Anyone else getting the nhl channels as well ? For free ...
Jun 2, 2008
5 posts
Canada
Current Rogers customer in Postal Code L4S

Current agreement expiring very soon, can a rep kindly PM me.
Aug 4, 2019
46 posts
9 upvotes
ONTARIO
Hi,
Looking for Rogers Internet only.
M2M postal code north York.

Current bHell customer.
Apr 24, 2005
67 posts
13 upvotes
Markham
Existing Rogers customer with current promo expiring in March. Internet only. If rep available please PM me.
Jan 12, 2008
152 posts
5 upvotes
I called Rogers last night and unsuccessfully tried to get a better promo than $103 for 500u (current promo of $78 is expiring next month, the $103 was an auto-applied promo). So I then tried to schedule cancellation for March 12th, since I'll be moving and figured it's a good time to shop around. The retentions rep proceeded to hang up on me and cancelled my account immediately. She left a note saying that I wanted to cancel on March 12th - so I have that on my side. Another hour on the phone later, they reactivated my account but there's now an additional $280 charge - I'm told as a balance added to close out my account, and then an additional fee to reactivate the account. I tried to get to retentions again and apparently they were closed for the day... how convenient. Needless to say, I was fuming. I've been with rogers for decades at this point - and I have nothing but terrible things to say about their customer service/support. It is *always* a surprise when I have a good experience. Just sad.
Dec 2, 2003
854 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
havoks wrote: I called Rogers last night and unsuccessfully tried to get a better promo than $103 for 500u (current promo of $78 is expiring next month, the $103 was an auto-applied promo). So I then tried to schedule cancellation for March 12th, since I'll be moving and figured it's a good time to shop around. The retentions rep proceeded to hang up on me and cancelled my account immediately. She left a note saying that I wanted to cancel on March 12th - so I have that on my side. Another hour on the phone later, they reactivated my account but there's now an additional $280 charge - I'm told as a balance added to close out my account, and then an additional fee to reactivate the account. I tried to get to retentions again and apparently they were closed for the day... how convenient. Needless to say, I was fuming. I've been with rogers for decades at this point - and I have nothing but terrible things to say about their customer service/support. It is *always* a surprise when I have a good experience. Just sad.
I wonder if that $280 is a hold until you return the modem?
At the same time it definitely did not sound like a good experience nor were there any explanation for that charge.
Hope things change for you.
Jan 12, 2008
152 posts
5 upvotes
Elusive wrote: I wonder if that $280 is a hold until you return the modem?
At the same time it definitely did not sound like a good experience nor were there any explanation for that charge.
Hope things change for you.
Currently on the phone with someone from the ambassador team. His theory is that I was charged for services until March 12th (the date I originally asked to schedule for cancellation). And then when I reactivated, I was charged an activation fee. He's going to fix this - and extend my 77.99 price until March 12th - was originally going to end February 3rd. On that note, the process of cancelling and reactivating my account ended up removing the promotion a couple weeks early on my account anyways. He then offered me Ignite 500u + Flex 5 TV package with 1 TV box, for 64.99 (139.99 - 75 for one year). I'm going to go ahead and take this offer - but what a headache to get to this point.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 2 guests)

sunny5011, abhishekdhaddha636751332038242241, JTea5738, rvs007