Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2814 posts
394 upvotes
Mississauga
hill15 wrote: How many tv boxes does it include. How much would home phone cost.
Probably 1. If it's Ignite, they don't offer anything beyond 1 generally. $8/STB but some people have gotten it waived.

HP is usually $10/mth more.
Oct 22, 2016
238 posts
84 upvotes
called roger today to get a estimate for a 1 Gbp internet. Got quoted $84.99 per month, install fee $29, $150 gift card. Good deal or I can do better?
Oct 25, 2011
147 posts
74 upvotes
Ajax
I was on with chat regarding a different issue but saw that my current pricing of $59 for Gigabit was set to expire in Feb so I asked if they had any promotions. I was given 2 prices, first was $73.xx and when I laughed the rep came back with $65.xx. Unreal.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5627 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
Just had a question if anyone who's ordered Rogers Ignite TV/internet recently can help me out.. how does it work now with covid?

1. Do you call/order online, and schedule an installation date and a technician comes and installs it?
2. Do you call/order online, schedule a date and a technician just drops off a package for you to self install?
3. Do you call/order online, and they just mail the box to you by Canada Post just like any other mail, and you self install?

Also, can I order and pick up at the store?
Or go in-store and order there, and pick up the hardware immediately?

Another thing is, if you want to bargain with them, is the best method by phone? Or chat maybe? I mean if you order online on their website there's no bargaining, and you couldn't bargain in the store I would think...

I am an existing Rogers customer, but I am trying to order phone/tv/internet for someone else at a different address, under my name as I'm paying for it. So I'm not sure if considered new or existing customer?
Dec 12, 2020
1 posts
a good deal. do want
Cerebros wrote: Just called in Rogers as my internet plan was going to run out in December. I asked her what she could offer. Came back with 500u for 48 including tax. I asked her how much for 1GB and she said $53 including tax. Looking at other providers this seems to be like a good deal.
Jun 6, 2005
612 posts
112 upvotes
sc89 wrote: Not sure if this is new but I noticed yesterday that Chromecast now works in the Ignite TV app on iOS.

I feel a little less bad about not being able to get a free additional box.
Oh I hope they are finally doing this. Any other platforms?
May 21, 2018
585 posts
555 upvotes
pwr1019 wrote: So your saying to PankajG86 don't take the 500Mbps at $55 plus tax better to take the same cable through a nice reseller like TekSavvy and pay $60 plus tax for 30Mbps. Sounds like your hate for Robers is clouding your judgement, since Rogers is offering more than 15X the speed for less money I would advise PankajG86 to take the offer and perhaps consider TekSavvy in a year if Rogers does not renew with a similar offer. If $55 plus tax is too much, Fido is still $37.50 for 150Mbps + $150 giftcard. It also expires after one year though.

I also hate doing the dance every 12 months......but I'd rather do this every 12 months than settle for 30Mbps for $60 plus tax.
The only way to avoid playing that game every 12 months is by investing and sticking with a company that is straight with you from the start. Teksavvy might be more now, but over time and with a CRTC with a backbone, Canadians can and will enjoy cheaper telecommunications in the future.
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Jan 24, 2011
947 posts
281 upvotes
Any new customer got this offer ? especially newer subdivision where only Rogers\Bell provides Fiber optic connection. Right now with Bell 300MB for $69. Not getting better deal from these two .... and I cant go to anyone else ,,,,
Jun 25, 2017
740 posts
345 upvotes
Here’s is what I got offered....
What do you guys think ? Should I take it ?

Ignite
500 dl
Popular tv package
One 4K box
250 MasterCard gift card
Month to month ( no contract )
$99 plus tax.

Good deal ?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4996 posts
4373 upvotes
dxbender wrote: What's the procedure for returning the old TV boxes?

I've been told varying things. One said I could just return it to the store, one told me I cant return it in store and need to ship it. Was also told I get no credit for some boxes, but was also told I get credit for ALL boxes, so are they just making up stuff?

If I have to ship it, do they just give me a label and I have to find a cardboard box big enough to hold all the old boxes I have? What needs to be included when shipping it? Just the boxes/cord?
I returned my boxes and cables to a Rogers store today. The Rogers employees are not permitted to touch the equipment, but there were two cardboard boxes to put the items into. One was for the cables and remotes. The second was for the cable TV boxes, modem/routers and home phone boxes. The employee gave me an receipt plus a notice of the credit due back. All my items were rentals.
You don't know, what you don't know.
Jun 25, 2017
740 posts
345 upvotes
Here’s is what I got offered....

Ignite
500 dl
Popular tv package
One 4K box
250 MasterCard gift card
$99 plus tax.

Good deal ?
Jan 4, 2008
604 posts
312 upvotes
Mississauga
MrMom wrote: I returned my boxes and cables to a Rogers store today. The Rogers employees are not permitted to touch the equipment, but there were two cardboard boxes to put the items into. One was for the cables and remotes. The second was for the cable TV boxes, modem/routers and home phone boxes. The employee gave me an receipt plus a notice of the credit due back. All my items were rentals.
I saw those boxes, but they told me I couldn't return it in store and needed to get it shipped since I'm getting credit back, but live chat said I wasn't getting credit on all boxes and I could've returned it in store..
Nov 25, 2013
225 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga
Master2031 wrote: Here’s is what I got offered....

Ignite
500 dl
Popular tv package
One 4K box
250 MasterCard gift card
$99 plus tax.

Good deal ?

great deal, how did you get this offer?
Oct 17, 2013
295 posts
150 upvotes

Ignite
500 dl
Popular tv package
One 4K box
250 MasterCard gift card
$99 plus tax.

Good deal ?
Are you a knew customer? earlier on this page an rfder and several others were getting $79.99 but were returning customers so no Master card...
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5627 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto

Ignite
500 dl
Popular tv package
One 4K box
250 MasterCard gift card
$99 plus tax.

Good deal ?
How did you get this? Call? Chat? Are you existing customer?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2986 posts
14271 upvotes

Ignite
500 dl
Popular tv package
One 4K box
250 MasterCard gift card
$99 plus tax.

Good deal ?
My brother got something similar offered to him. New customer.

Ignite Internet 500u
Popular Tv package with 3 boxes
Home phone
$250 Rogers MC gift card
No contract
$130 all in, with taxes.

$29 Courier fee for equipment. They drop it off. Self installation.
Jun 20, 2015
624 posts
164 upvotes
Place
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: I was paying 0$. New development property and the builder paid for internet for the first year. And yes, chat right off Roger's website
that's a good deal! our property management pays for our internet too, but now that we are moving to another area, they are pricing us around $107 all-in for a gigbit internet.
Good luck!
Oct 4, 2014
37 posts
69 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Anyone have a contact for a rep in Mississauga. New customer looking for internet and home phone. Please dm me. L5R....condo. Thanks
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13762 posts
5375 upvotes
Toronto, ON
They used to have a link on the "Share a Concern" page where you can send a message to the Office of the President. But now the only links I see are Live Chat, Facebook & Twitter. Is it still possible to send an email/message to the OOTP if you're unhappy about the service or the package?

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 3 guests)

Duder71, ahammad, Grievx, BD006, Karan1000, LFDeals519, veritgo