Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Feb 26, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
srini_vatsan wrote: I see all these requests for rep to PM. Does any rep actually check this forum and PM people and offer deals? Is this only for new customers or existing ones as well? Just wondering
I got PMs from reps and others on this board. It's been very helpful.
Oct 8, 2014
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Can a Rogers rep PM me? M3J area code in Toronto. Bell customer with expiring promo ending next week! Looking for TV/internet bundle (good package, 300mbps, home phone for $150 right now). Thanks in advance
Nov 11, 2006
603 posts
595 upvotes
@ home
Know what I learned from this thread.

Just keep calling until you find someone willing to help you.

Some reps are willing to just do whatever you ask if you are nice.
Mar 5, 2003
135 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Imnotelvis2 wrote: I got PMs from reps and others on this board. It's been very helpful.
Was this for a renewal? If so I am interested.
Last edited by tsml1 on Jan 21st, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1129 posts
239 upvotes
Oshawa
So apparently Rogers dissolved the Ombudsperson Office into their Office of the President and failed to some customers who had ongoing disputes know this? Apparently now when Rogers OotP tells you that their offer is final that means you either accept it or if you decline it then you get ignored.

That's some great customer service. Been dealing with a dispute for over 18 months now and yet I switched to Bell, but Rogers would not take their equipment back nor provide me a shipping label for a few months so from early August until today they have been charging me $235 to over $300 (late fee amount changes month to know, so the latest one was nearly $90!) even though I haven't used their services.

Guy basically said I could take Rogers to court if I wanted.
Jan 21, 2016
1 posts
Scarborough, ON
Currently with Bell Fibe, 1GB internet only, need to switch by Mid/End of Feb.
Any rep can help me out? North York, M2P area code, in a house.
Please PM
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4736 posts
1240 upvotes
RCGA wrote: The first attempt - I'm moving to a new house and currently on 500U for $55/m

Bounced to several departments in live chat until I was finally offered 500u for $90/m + tax

Will go directly to the cancellation department tomorrow.
Round 2 update, was offered:

Gigabit for $80 tax in
500u for $75 tax in

I put in a cancellation request
Let's hug it out
Apr 10, 2013
273 posts
33 upvotes
Just got my physical GC from the BF promotion ... and it's "Today's Shopping Choice" GC ... sigh, I thought it was gonna be a regular MC GC (that's what they said in the chat when signing up)

I am assuming I cant use this with Costco?
Where can I actually use this GC?? Feels like I would be restricted to only use it with Rogers ... :(
This gift card can be used for product purchases (services excluded) at TSC, select Rogers locations, as well as for the purchase of Toronto Blue Jays® regular season home game tickets and merchandise and selected food and beverage products at Rogers Centre®
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
1005 posts
544 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
venividivici wrote: So apparently Rogers dissolved the Ombudsperson Office into their Office of the President and failed to some customers who had ongoing disputes know this? Apparently now when Rogers OotP tells you that their offer is final that means you either accept it or if you decline it then you get ignored.

That's some great customer service. Been dealing with a dispute for over 18 months now and yet I switched to Bell, but Rogers would not take their equipment back nor provide me a shipping label for a few months so from early August until today they have been charging me $235 to over $300 (late fee amount changes month to know, so the latest one was nearly $90!) even though I haven't used their services.

Guy basically said I could take Rogers to court if I wanted.
Ombudsman’s office remains open.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18738 posts
4912 upvotes
Toronto
RFDMadeMeBuyStuff wrote: Just got my physical GC from the BF promotion ... and it's "Today's Shopping Choice" GC ... sigh
Ouch. Haha. I just had to laugh at that one. Face With Tears Of Joy

WTF, Rogers?!?
Jun 19, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
Currently a Bell customer for internet and tv. Any Rogers reps that have a deal on gigabit and premier tv? Please pm me
Dec 29, 2007
372 posts
178 upvotes
VivienM wrote: Whereabouts are you? Who are the competitors in your market?
As per my previous post, I'm in L4C postal code area (Richmond Hill). The main competitor in my area is Bell.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)