Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Mar 4, 2009
212 posts
57 upvotes
I live in North York. Called to cancel and was offered this package.

ignite gigabit internet (modem + 3 pods)
premier tv (4 boxes, 1 free + 3 rental)
home phone
$185/month taxes in

Currently have:
gigabit internet
popular tv
basic home phone
$180/month taxes in

Should I take the new deal or go ahead and cancel and take my chances with callback?

EDIT: after speaking to them a bit longer, I got the price of the new package down to $169 taxes in. accepted that offer because I've already have been on the phone for 1.5 hours and didnt want to take the chance of cancelling
Jan 1, 2009
357 posts
37 upvotes
I would take that! I cancelled last week (for a mid-Feb. cancellation date) and haven't heard a peep yet. Will wait till end of month before calling them but I would take something similar in a heartbeat! Well done.
goodfella99 wrote: Cancelled yesterday.. they called me back today. Offered me the following:

gigabit internet
popular tv

$89.99/month
Jan 21, 2021
3 posts
Any deals from a rep on here for current customers? about to switch from rogers to teksavvy for a way better deal for my 150U plan
May 22, 2011
146 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I feel like they're not calling back a lot after putting in cancellation compared to before COVID
Dec 20, 2016
27 posts
9 upvotes
kicl wrote: I live in North York. Called to cancel and was offered this package.

ignite gigabit internet (modem + 3 pods)
premier tv (4 boxes, 1 free + 3 rental)
home phone
$185/month taxes in

Currently have:
gigabit internet
popular tv
basic home phone
$180/month taxes in

Should I take the new deal or go ahead and cancel and take my chances with callback?

EDIT: after speaking to them a bit longer, I got the price of the new package down to $169 taxes in. accepted that offer because I've already have been on the phone for 1.5 hours and didnt want to take the chance of cancelling
I was kind of in the same situation as you. I have Gigabit Internet/Digital Premier TV (2 boxes I own and rent 2 NextBox PVRs) and Canada wide home phone. I was previously paying $184 taxes in. I cancelled and got Winback to reduce it to $160 taxes in. I don't have Bell in my area so can't get competitive pricing here in Thornhill.
Mar 2, 2011
351 posts
58 upvotes
Gloucester
can any rogers reps pm me? Currently have a 75 mbps plan for 31 after taxes (Actually i get 100 mbps speeds any time of the day so in reality i think they gave me the 150 for the price of 75). Plan is ending soon
Mar 4, 2009
212 posts
57 upvotes
gamblinman wrote: I was kind of in the same situation as you. I have Gigabit Internet/Digital Premier TV (2 boxes I own and rent 2 NextBox PVRs) and Canada wide home phone. I was previously paying $184 taxes in. I cancelled and got Winback to reduce it to $160 taxes in. I don't have Bell in my area so can't get competitive pricing here in Thornhill.
Great job of getting that. I would’ve preferred to stick with digital but they kept insisting that they would not be able to budge or offer any promos with digital plans. I own a few nextboxes but was only paying for 1 rental.

Hopefully ignite will help solve some of the wifi issues I’ve been having with slow speeds and connection losses.
Jun 18, 2011
34 posts
11 upvotes
MARKHAM
I'm looking for a Rogers rep for a renewal. I have put in a cancellation, and I'm looking for just internet. Currently have gigabit but don't mind downgrading to 500mbps to save on costs.
Dec 20, 2016
27 posts
9 upvotes
kicl wrote: Great job of getting that. I would’ve preferred to stick with digital but they kept insisting that they would not be able to budge or offer any promos with digital plans. I own a few nextboxes but was only paying for 1 rental.

Hopefully ignite will help solve some of the wifi issues I’ve been having with slow speeds and connection losses.
I specifically had told the agents I have no interest in Ignite as I'm not a fan of wi-fi/streaming as I felt more comfortable with everything being hard-wired (coaxial cable).
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18751 posts
4914 upvotes
Toronto
firstorlast wrote: I was one of those that posted for a PM and annoyed, sorry. Maybe it will be less annoying if I just post all the reps that messaged me info so that others don't have to keep posting a request for a PM

---- snip ----

Hope this helps clean up the thread
Uh... Did they give you permission to post their names and phone numbers?!? Bad form to post those without permission IMO.
Oct 21, 2013
282 posts
139 upvotes
waterloo, on
firstorlast wrote: I was one of those that posted for a PM and annoyed, sorry. Maybe it will be less annoying if I just post all the reps that messaged me info so that others don't have to keep posting a request for a PM

Karen1000 647-282-3589 said he was a Rogers rep but wouldn't give me his name , felt sketchy
Zaidboy 416-276-4138 Omar
Humi1234 226-988-8787 Bikram
LFDeals519 226-808-7538 Kumar Gave pricing in the message which I had heard Rogers reps are not supposed to do so also felt sketchy

Hope this helps clean up the thread

Did you get any good deal too ?
Serving Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph/London/Hamilton/Niagara and surrounding areas

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

maximusbibicus, rickyroma