Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Oct 26, 2010
12 posts
1 upvote
Current Rogers internet gigabit only customer.
Promo expires soon. Would like a rep contact about renewal.
London, N6H area. Please pm. Thank you,
Aug 24, 2009
594 posts
177 upvotes
Mississauga
8300 with the 500 GB manually upgraded HD is probably still the best Rogers box as it kept running SARA vs the RTN and newer buggy stuff :/
Oct 17, 2013
295 posts
150 upvotes
Master2031 wrote: I’m a new customer
I think it's a good deal but I would maybe push back on the price... Tell Rogers you know of people who got the same package for $79.99 or quote a bell offer if you have one...
Oct 17, 2013
295 posts
150 upvotes
dxbender wrote: Based on everyone switching, I dont suppose anyone would care for the old HDPVR (non 4k, not a Nextbox either) or old HD box (non pvr) to buy? I was told Rogers doesn't take those ones back so I'm stuck with them right now.

If not...do these boxes serve any purpose at all? Can I even access the hard drive anymore to watch my old recordings?
I thought maybe you could return the really old boxes via the Canada Post route, you just would get a credit for them...
Jun 25, 2017
735 posts
343 upvotes
greygables wrote: I think it's a good deal but I would maybe push back on the price... Tell Rogers you know of people who got the same package for $79.99 or quote a bell offer if you have one...
Tried but I’m pretty sure the 79.99 is for new builds only.
Sep 19, 2013
19 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
Just got off the phone with Ambassador Rep.

Got Internet Ignite 1Gb Unlimited - $55+tax

12 months promotion, no contract.
Oct 22, 2016
236 posts
84 upvotes
I chatted online. This is what I get.

Ignite
500 dl
Popular tv package
One 4K box
250 MasterCard gift card
Month to month ( no contract )
$99 plus tax.

I only watch sports like NBA games. Is popular TV package worth it?
Jan 4, 2008
602 posts
309 upvotes
Mississauga
greygables wrote: I thought maybe you could return the really old boxes via the Canada Post route, you just would get a credit for them...
I asked them online and they said no. But when I went in store the person said I would. But I asked online again and quoted the person in store and the online person still said no.
May 19, 2016
26 posts
11 upvotes
kleinermuk wrote: Just got off the phone with Ambassador Rep.

Got Internet Ignite 1Gb Unlimited - $55+tax

12 months promotion, no contract.
What's the number that you used to contact them? Did you have to do the cancellation song & dance first, or were you able to speak to them without actually going through the cancellation process?
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1122 posts
197 upvotes
Waterloo
I am a current Rogers internet customer. Paying $85 per month. Looking to get a better deal on 500u or 1gbit. N2L area. Plz PM
Nov 23, 2012
312 posts
78 upvotes
tonyb wrote: Apologies if this is the wrong forum but I'm at my wits end.

Rogers says there is congestion in my area and will take months to fix so we're left with choppy internet while we're all trying to do school and zoom meetings. The Bell fibe speed sucks in my street. Is there any other option? I thought of fido or virgin internet but isn't that still cable/ dsl? Any options for affordable cellular internet at decent speeds? (not looking for much, just enough for 5 devices on zoom simultaneously)??

thanks in anticipation
What speed is Bell fibe in your area? If it's at least fibe 50 it should handle what you're looking for. I would rather have slower download speeds over a flaky congested cable connection. Virgin mobile internet has a RFD thread and people are getting 100 mbps for $37 with a $150 bill credit .
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3241 posts
1589 upvotes
Mississauga
Currently pay $37.99 for Ignite 500. Live Chat offered $49.99 upon renewal in February. Thoughts?
I love RFD! :)
Oct 26, 2009
8 posts
1 upvote
New customer looking for internet Ignite Internet 75u in L4J area. Would a Rogers rep please PM me. Or any recommendation, thank you.
Jan 17, 2008
353 posts
102 upvotes
Cancelled my TV about a month ago, and was with Rogers solely for internet. But just accepted the following offer from a winback call:

- Gigabit Ignite internet
- Popular TV + Golf Channel
- 4k box

For $91.99 + tax, $29.99 install/activation fee waived. Guaranteed savings for 12 months, no contract.
Aug 12, 2003
456 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Fksdom wrote: I am a current customer with Rogers for their 500GB/s internet service and my promo was set to expire at the end of this month. So I played the RFD game via chat by asking the rep to cancel my service at the end of this month. Reason I gave: I got an offer from Bell for the Gigabit Fibe internet for $45/month. The initial agent counter-offered with $59.99+tax but I said no, please cancel. She then transferred me to a senior agent who eventually gave me the $52.99+tax for the Gigabit Ignite, good for 12 months. The entire chat took about 30 minutes with the bulk of it waiting for the senior agent to start chatting to me. FYI, I live in area where there is no Bell Fibe.
Can you cancel services using chat now? Couldn’t do that before, they made you call in.
Nov 18, 2008
96 posts
24 upvotes
Thornhill
Thanks for the reply

Bell is 15 mbs. Doesn’t virgin use bells dsl?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9827 posts
1030 upvotes
Mississauga
Juyen21 wrote: that's a good deal! our property management pays for our internet too, but now that we are moving to another area, they are pricing us around $107 all-in for a gigbit internet.
im only going to stay with Robbers if they beat out start.ca
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 35-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Apr 8, 2012
184 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
New customer moving into L4A area in March. Would a Rogers rep please PM me. Or any recommendation, thank you!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3257 posts
172 upvotes
Mississauga
Ohboiya wrote: I cancelled today and they called me back within two hours and let me stay at my prior rate rate of $50.84 taxes in for 500 unlimited. Definitely worth the threat.
Evidently they only canceled two of my three accounts (I pay for my internet as well as my folks and my in-laws).

When I called back to cancel the third, they offered me one month free before canceling. That was bizarre. A free month just for canceling.

They patched me through to retentions right after I canceled but the offers were the same ones I received when I canceled the previous two so I turned them down.

Ambassador called today (all this occured on Saturday), and gave me the same $44.99+tax = $50.84 plus a credit for the free month they previously offered.

So all in all a good hour spent on Saturday to keep my 500 unlimited at $50.84 a month.

Two of the accounts are L5H and one is L5M.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 2 guests)

Karan1000, Humi1234, fred3rd, Arrgh, ravine