Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Jul 22, 2015
583 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
For those who received a call from Winback, did you cancel services first and then wait for a call from Winback?

I had the absolute worst experience with Rogers today. I'm even debating whether I want to stay with them.
Jul 22, 2015
583 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
Also, what is the winback #? I've had or made calls to these #s:

1-855-760-4838
1-855-201-9547
1-855-732-7149

Not sure why they have so many #s!!!
Aug 25, 2018
24 posts
3 upvotes
saint2e wrote: Got a Rogers rep calling me back tomorrow. Think I'll change back depending on what they offer.

I'll probably try for Premier TV package / Gigabit internet / 4k receiver / HD receiver / Free TMN/HBO for a year, and see if it's lower than what I have now (~$167)
That's the exact package I upgraded to 3 days ago but the hbo/tmn was 50% off. My total monthly bill is $114 taxes in. I'm gonna try and get the HBO for free and if that happens itll be $103 taxes in. Basically, I'm telling you its possible to get a much better deal than $167
Oct 6, 2017
40 posts
15 upvotes
I currently have 150Mbps + Select TV with HD box for $88 including tax. This is expiring soon. How do you guys approach to either keep the same or get something better? Should I call or Live Chat? And what exactly to say?
Dec 26, 2012
805 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
cestmoi246 wrote: I currently have 150Mbps + Select TV with HD box for $88 including tax. This is expiring soon. How do you guys approach to either keep the same or get something better? Should I call or Live Chat? And what exactly to say?
Call, set cancellation date for end of month and wait for call back (should only be a couple hours later)

$85 gets you 500mb internet and Popular TV with PVR and 1 year free HBO/TMN.
Dec 27, 2006
209 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I setup my Internet cancellation 3 weeks ago and the cancel date is at the end of this week. Have not been called by anyone. Is Rogers calling my bluff or am I getting a call a day or 2 before?

Anyone have the winback #? It worked last time I setup the cancellation.
Oct 6, 2017
40 posts
15 upvotes
oakley0023 wrote: Call, set cancellation date for end of month and wait for call back (should only be a couple hours later)

$85 gets you 500mb internet and Popular TV with PVR and 1 year free HBO/TMN.
Thanks. So I just call and say I wanna cancel because I'm switching to Bell? No point simply asking first if they can do anything better?
Feb 29, 2016
373 posts
191 upvotes
Ottawa
success!

Went from ~$130 a month to $320+ once the original Gigabit + Cable VIP + Home Phone offer expired.
Tried Chat....best offer I could get was ~$210...politely said I'll be cancelling so they offered to have someone from Retentions call me back during the week (always deal with the Retentions during Mon-Fri office hours!!)
Retentions rep called back toda (Monday), offered something a little bit better but we said we'd only stay with Rogers if we can keep the same deal
Was on hold for another minute, then ended up getting the same $135 all-in deal with a slight tweak to the TV package, no-contract and price-guaranteed for another 2 years.
Yay!
Sep 13, 2012
930 posts
501 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Acheewawa wrote: For those who received a call from Winback, did you cancel services first and then wait for a call from Winback?

I had the absolute worst experience with Rogers today. I'm even debating whether I want to stay with them.
Elaborate.
Jul 22, 2015
583 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
100Pacer wrote: Elaborate.
I currently have a plan that is expiring this month:
-Rogers Ignite Gigabit Unlimited for $60,
-VIP cable with 2 HD boxes and 1 HD PVR for $50
-Home phone with 1 feature for $16.
= Total is $142 with tax monthly

I called a few weeks ago and the best they could do is $152 with tax for the same plan, except with Premier Cable. I said no thanks and put in a cancellation for the day after my plan expires.
Last week I got a call from 1-855-760-4838 where they said that my plan was expiring and they wanted to review offers for me. Then they started looking into my account and said ‘sorry, a cancellation has been submitted so we can’t do anything…call Retentions”.

And this was where I made a big mistake…I called Retentions and wasted 3.5 hours of my life!

Call #1 – over 1 hour on the phone where I was put on hold, rep looking for best deal, rep needs to cancel the cancellation order to find me best deals, puts me on hold….then my internet and home line stop working! So he is no longer on the phone since my phone is not working. He disconnected my services!! No retention offer was given.

Call #2 – over 1 hour on the phone where I was put on hold, rep looking for best deal, has to talk to associate to help him find best deal, it will only take 1-2 minutes, comes back 7 minutes later that he needs another 1-2 minutes, etc, etc…Finally a retention offer…$199 for my package!! The package that 2 weeks earlier I was offered at $152! I said no thanks, and he puts me on hold to talk to supervisor, still can’t do anything better than $199. BYYYEEE!

Call #3 – almost 1 hour talking to technical support and then retentions to get my internet and phone working again as they disconnected services too early.

This company is so incompetent. I don’t even know why I wasted my time trying to get a better offer. Bell has offered me Better TV, Gigabit Fibe internet (which seems better than Rogers), and home phone for $99.90 per month, plus my extra boxes, plus tax. I just didn’t want the work of switching, but it’s a better deal and I wouldn’t have wasted so much of my time! I don't understand how people have been getting good deals. We've been with Rogers for over 10 years and this is not how loyal customers should be treated.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13231 posts
2578 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Acheewawa wrote: I currently have a plan that is expiring this month:
-Rogers Ignite Gigabit Unlimited for $60,
-VIP cable with 2 HD boxes and 1 HD PVR for $50
-Home phone with 1 feature for $16.
= Total is $142 with tax monthly

I called a few weeks ago and the best they could do is $152 with tax for the same plan, except with Premier Cable. I said no thanks and put in a cancellation for the day after my plan expires.
Last week I got a call from 1-855-760-4838 where they said that my plan was expiring and they wanted to review offers for me. Then they started looking into my account and said ‘sorry, a cancellation has been submitted so we can’t do anything…call Retentions”.

And this was where I made a big mistake…I called Retentions and wasted 3.5 hours of my life!

Call #1 – over 1 hour on the phone where I was put on hold, rep looking for best deal, rep needs to cancel the cancellation order to find me best deals, puts me on hold….then my internet and home line stop working! So he is no longer on the phone since my phone is not working. He disconnected my services!! No retention offer was given.

Call #2 – over 1 hour on the phone where I was put on hold, rep looking for best deal, has to talk to associate to help him find best deal, it will only take 1-2 minutes, comes back 7 minutes later that he needs another 1-2 minutes, etc, etc…Finally a retention offer…$199 for my package!! The package that 2 weeks earlier I was offered at $152! I said no thanks, and he puts me on hold to talk to supervisor, still can’t do anything better than $199. BYYYEEE!

Call #3 – almost 1 hour talking to technical support and then retentions to get my internet and phone working again as they disconnected services too early.

This company is so incompetent. I don’t even know why I wasted my time trying to get a better offer. Bell has offered me Better TV, Gigabit Fibe internet (which seems better than Rogers), and home phone for $99.90 per month, plus my extra boxes, plus tax. I just didn’t want the work of switching, but it’s a better deal and I wouldn’t have wasted so much of my time! I don't understand how people have been getting good deals. We've been with Rogers for over 10 years and this is not how loyal customers should be treated.
Call OOTP asap. This is a perfect escalation case for Office of the President. I wouldnt doubt they would match Bell and give you a few hundred credit for the retentions hassles. Noticed I was getting calls from robbers similar to yours. Similiar 1-855 header. At first I thought they were winbacks but they are not. Just some 3rd party agent hired by robbers to do some fishing. My thought is they are going after potential NEW customers not loyalty or winback deals. Your number just happens to be on their telemarketing database. First thing to ask is "Are you rogers winback team??" If not - hang up.
Last edited by aznnorth on Sep 11th, 2018 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Sep 21, 2015
521 posts
181 upvotes
London, ON
Acheewawa wrote: This company is so incompetent. I don’t even know why I wasted my time trying to get a better offer. Bell has offered me Better TV, Gigabit Fibe internet (which seems better than Rogers), and home phone for $99.90 per month, plus my extra boxes, plus tax. I just didn’t want the work of switching, but it’s a better deal and I wouldn’t have wasted so much of my time! I don't understand how people have been getting good deals. We've been with Rogers for over 10 years and this is not how loyal customers should be treated.
If you have an acceptable offer from an alternative provider, it's best to proceed with switching. You might not want to go through the 'work' of switching, but the other choice would be going through the 'work' of getting a good price. Getting a good price is rarely quick and easy.

I would suggest (especially given that you've been with Rogers for 10 yrs) that while switching providers you make sure that you not setup anything 'tied' to the new provider (email address, etc). That means in the future you can change providers at need with minimal effort :)
Apr 9, 2016
106 posts
99 upvotes
After hearing a few years ago about how badly Rogers was gouging my mother-in-law I'd assumed responsibility for fixing it. Most recently I'd put her on the 1G/popular TV bundle for $110ish and this deal was about to expire. Rogers are always keen to contact her on the upsell, but didn't happen to mention to her (a senior on limited income), that her bill was about to launch to $283 (if I remember), excluding cellphone. Shameful.
Chatted in (I refuse to ever call) about 3 weeks before the bundle expire deadline and was stone-walled at $119 for the same package. Asked for retentions and was told "they were retentions".....doubtless a lie. Cancelled effective Sept 11.
A bunch of emails and calls from Rogers retentions followed which she ignored. I finally bit and followed up around Sept 1st. There was indeed "a special offer on her account". And it was crap. Wasted my time so I continued with the cancellation. I did however register a complaint with the Office of the President. I was already upset at the cavalier approach to ripping off seniors and now annoyed at the time wasting with crap deals, (that everyone knows were crap). BS, glib response received.
I was in the process of hooking her up with the Bell Alt-TV bundle and while I was on hold (they're crap too) started a FB chat with Rogers letting them know. Immediately received an offer of $79.99 for the same package. Refused and was offered Ignite 500U + Popular TV at $69.99+tax, 2 year guaranteed discount. Took it.
I've experienced this level of BS at car dealerships and Morrocan souks only. I'm a little annoyed at myself for caving and supporting their crap business model.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2668 posts
491 upvotes
Does anyone have any new customers offers that they recently got? I'm in the market for internet only.

Thanks
Jul 22, 2015
583 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
comsym wrote: After hearing a few years ago about how badly Rogers was gouging my mother-in-law I'd assumed responsibility for fixing it. Most recently I'd put her on the 1G/popular TV bundle for $110ish and this deal was about to expire. Rogers are always keen to contact her on the upsell, but didn't happen to mention to her (a senior on limited income), that her bill was about to launch to $283 (if I remember), excluding cellphone. Shameful.
Chatted in (I refuse to ever call) about 3 weeks before the bundle expire deadline and was stone-walled at $119 for the same package. Asked for retentions and was told "they were retentions".....doubtless a lie. Cancelled effective Sept 11.
A bunch of emails and calls from Rogers retentions followed which she ignored. I finally bit and followed up around Sept 1st. There was indeed "a special offer on her account". And it was crap. Wasted my time so I continued with the cancellation. I did however register a complaint with the Office of the President. I was already upset at the cavalier approach to ripping off seniors and now annoyed at the time wasting with crap deals, (that everyone knows were crap). BS, glib response received.
I was in the process of hooking her up with the Bell Alt-TV bundle and while I was on hold (they're crap too) started a FB chat with Rogers letting them know. Immediately received an offer of $79.99 for the same package. Refused and was offered Ignite 500U + Popular TV at $69.99+tax, 2 year guaranteed discount. Took it.
I've experienced this level of BS at car dealerships and Morrocan souks only. I'm a little annoyed at myself for caving and supporting their crap business model.
Wow, that's a good deal. It's just unfortunate that you have to go through so much frustration to get a decent package! Glad it worked out for you/your mom in the end.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

cheapmeister, Parallax8888