Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Jul 22, 2015
583 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
aznnorth wrote: Call OOTP asap. This is a perfect escalation case for Office of the President. I wouldnt doubt they would match Bell and give you a few hundred credit for the retentions hassles. Noticed I was getting calls from robbers similar to yours. Similiar 1-855 header. At first I thought they were winbacks but they are not. Just some 3rd party agent hired by robbers to do some fishing. My thought is they are going after potential NEW customers not loyalty or winback deals. Your number just happens to be on their telemarketing database. First thing to ask is "Are you rogers winback team??" If not - hang up.
I've never heard of this OOTP. What is their #? I googled it and got a "Rogers Share Your Concern" page. I want to make sure I call the right people. Thanks for the suggestion!

I didn't even realize that the 1-855 # could have been a 3rd party. They just identified themselves as Rogers, but it would make sense why they couldn't do anything for me.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13230 posts
2578 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Acheewawa wrote: I've never heard of this OOTP. What is their #? I googled it and got a "Rogers Share Your Concern" page. I want to make sure I call the right people. Thanks for the suggestion!

I didn't even realize that the 1-855 # could have been a 3rd party. They just identified themselves as Rogers, but it would make sense why they couldn't do anything for me.
3rd party telemarketers come in a million numbers, lol. Scammers can mask their real number by using a legit corp's number. In my case I found they were all persons of south asian accents - indian, pakistani, etc. Props up the scammer radar.

OOTP - office of the president. Basically a group of managers at robbers that is the highest complaint line underneath the ombudsman. I believe you have to be transferred by retentions. You can also talk to them via live chat here. Ask for a direct telephone contact. Make sure they are OOTP manager first before continuing your convo. Otherwise u are wasting ur time.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contact ... -a-concern
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jul 22, 2015
583 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
aznnorth wrote: 3rd party telemarketers come in a million numbers, lol. Scammers can mask their real number by using a legit corp's number. In my case I found they were all persons of south asian accents - indian, pakistani, etc. Props up the scammer radar.

OOTP - office of the president. Basically a group of managers at robbers that is the highest complaint line underneath the ombudsman. I believe you have to be transferred by retentions. You can also talk to them via live chat here. Ask for a direct telephone contact. Make sure they are OOTP manager first before continuing your convo. Otherwise u are wasting ur time.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contact ... -a-concern
Ha, ha. Perfect! Thanks for the info!
Sep 10, 2018
2 posts
Hi All,

My current package:

Popular TV
Internet 150u (unlimited)
Home Phone
$146.49 (taxes in)

Contacted Rogers to get a better deal, went through a few hoops .. ended up with a Manager. He literally offered me the EXACT same package for $147.88. I have the transcipt saved, couldn't believe it, and even told him that he offered me the same package for $1more a month. He stated that was the best he could do.

I placed a cancellation request for months end. I've been with them for 8 , almost 9 years. Hopefully I can get a better deal or it's Bell satellite/ internet for me (live in Angus)
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12518 posts
3390 upvotes
Scarberia
Scarborough area Tuesday September 11th at 11am to 2pm est. Rogers internet is down for anyone?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 6, 2017
40 posts
15 upvotes
I was thinking of calling Rogers today or tomorrow but they called me today to discuss my 1 year promotional offer expiring next month.

I'm currently paying $88 (including tax) for;

Ignite 150
Select TV with 1 HD box

The best they could offer me was $118 (including tax) for the same package. 2 different people talked to me. I even told them that Bell is offering me Gigabit + Good TV for $84 (talked to Bell yesterday). Rogers didn't move and asked me if I would like to cancel Neutral Face I said sure go ahead cancel.

Been with Rogers for 15 years.
Jul 22, 2015
583 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
Rogers retention offers keep getting worse every day. No point in being loyal to them is what I've learned!
Dec 23, 2008
334 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Gigabit internet
W.e is equivalent to VIP cable
$122 taxes in

through Rogers chat

Paying slightly more than the promotion I had previously.
Nov 22, 2017
611 posts
355 upvotes
DaveTO wrote: I setup my Internet cancellation 3 weeks ago and the cancel date is at the end of this week. Have not been called by anyone. Is Rogers calling my bluff or am I getting a call a day or 2 before?

Anyone have the winback #? It worked last time I setup the cancellation.
Same thing is happening to me, I am afraid I told them too much about what Bell is offering in my condo and they can't match it or are calling my bluff. Either that or the agent didn't cancel my service.
Jul 24, 2017
69 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
Promo was expired last month and Rogers is charging $2xx, I am looking to switch to Bell, can anymore point me to what Bell is currently offering for Internet/Cable/Home Phone bundle?

Thank you.
Jul 22, 2015
583 posts
191 upvotes
Ontario
waterloo54w wrote: Promo was expired last month and Rogers is charging $2xx, I am looking to switch to Bell, can anymore point me to what Bell is currently offering for Internet/Cable/Home Phone bundle?

Thank you.
The offer I currently have on the table is:

Better TV – Includes 4K PVR
Gigabit Fibe with unlimited usage
Lite Home phone

=$99.90 Per month plus taxes for 24 months for all 3 services, no contract, no install fees. Each additional box is $7. Plus if I want additional call features, I will pay extra.

This is a new home promo.
Oct 6, 2017
40 posts
15 upvotes
Acheewawa wrote: The offer I currently have on the table is:

Lite Home phone

=$99.90 Per month plus taxes for 24 months for all 3 services, no contract, no install fees. Each additional box is $7. Plus if I want additional call features, I will pay extra.

Are you sure the TV is not on 24 month contract term?
Jul 24, 2017
69 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
Seems quite good. Would you mind sharing how I could get this deal?
Acheewawa wrote: The offer I currently have on the table is:

Lite Home phone

Aug 25, 2018
24 posts
3 upvotes
anthmongillo7012 wrote: Hi All,

My current package:

Popular TV
Internet 150u (unlimited)
Home Phone
$146.49 (taxes in)

Contacted Rogers to get a better deal, went through a few hoops .. ended up with a Manager. He literally offered me the EXACT same package for $147.88. I have the transcipt saved, couldn't believe it, and even told him that he offered me the same package for $1more a month. He stated that was the best he could do.

I placed a cancellation request for months end. I've been with them for 8 , almost 9 years. Hopefully I can get a better deal or it's Bell satellite/ internet for me (live in Angus)
My situation was very similar to yours so instead of calling them back for a millionth time after I had put in my cancellation, I tried my luck through FB messenger and thank God I did. I highly recommend you try going that route.

My package =

Ignite gigabit internet unlimited

Premier TV package + hbo/tmn + 4k box, 4k channels free for a year

Total including taxes per month = $114.03

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 2 guests)

bird, cleacy1972, porcupine5, VladimirZ33006, coolstaff, VivienM, woozi24