Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Aug 12, 2012
137 posts
41 upvotes
London, ON
Tichi wrote: WTH!? Freaking Robbers has just increased the prices for both Internet and TV by $3 each, which makes it about +$7 tax in.
In the result, my 500U+PremierTV combo monthly price went from about $103 to about $110 tax in.

Is it worth fighting for some reimbursement?

What is the going bargain/deal price for an Internet+Premier eople are getting? I can actually dial down on the internet, but Premier TV is the only TV package worth subscribing for, IMO.
I know totally ridiculous! I renewed via winback in January for $73 tax in for 500U+Popular TV and now it just jumped $7 bucks! Looked at previous month bills and no notification of price increase!
Oct 21, 2015
331 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto, ON
doujincore wrote: anyone successfully renewed their 24.99 internet only promotion?

my 500u is back to 60.99 now does 150u goes cheaper these days?
I just got a call from customer relations, and they offered the same deal - but you can get rid of $9.99 wifi and that will bring down to 50 including tax for me. It is not too bad for a 500M internet to cost $45 so I took it.
Aug 8, 2003
943 posts
114 upvotes
Ontario
I'm being offered by a field Rep. ignite Premier , 1 gig Internet, home monitor with camera and local home phone , Crave , HBO for 1 year with free install and $150 gift card..
$ 134/ month ...is this a good deal?
Mar 27, 2011
782 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
I just got a renewal call for 1 gbps down for $55.22 tax in. I am currently in a condo in Richmond Hill.
Mar 27, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Better deal than what they have offered me. They offered me $200/month for basically the same thing and no $150 gift card. Been with them for about 15 years now. Every time I call in, I get a different offer. Today I called in and now the free install is now $150 with no discounts. It would seem that retention's are tired of me calling in...lol I know my friends have been able to get better deals than what I'm currently been offered. Any advice would be good going forward.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15881 posts
2147 upvotes
GTA
i'm FB msging Rogers and it took half an hour just to authenticate the account. Then he's offering me $91.99 for 500u that's not subject to increases for 12 months.
Now he's offering $89.99 but it's subject to increases.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15881 posts
2147 upvotes
GTA
Rogers.com LiveChat is offering $87.99 a month lol
she already knew I was gonna balk so gave me a senior support team at 1 866 737 4159 to call.
Apr 27, 2018
3 posts
Super frustrated. After an hour on the phone and speaking to two different reps best they could offer was Ignite 300u with modem + Select + PVR + home phone with long distance for $160 all in. They denied being able to offer anything similar to what others have posted. I even quoted the forums! Worth switching to Bell? Our internet went up massively the last two months are we are now paying $250/month for the same package as above (with 500U internet). Thoughts?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15881 posts
2147 upvotes
GTA
Called this Senior support team virtually no wait time... First offer is $109 after tax for ignite 500u?? lol
That's even higher than the junior rep who gave me this number.
she's like lemme try another code.
the lowest i can get it down to is
$56.49 after tax for 12 months

signing up... waiting for her to come back to me after putting me on hold to extend it to me

apparently it's been applied - seems too easy

EDIT: something has happened cuz my balance owing is negative
Sep 15, 2016
17 posts
3 upvotes
CapitalJac wrote: Super frustrated. After an hour on the phone and speaking to two different reps best they could offer was Ignite 300u with modem + Select + PVR + home phone with long distance for $160 all in. They denied being able to offer anything similar to what others have posted. I even quoted the forums! Worth switching to Bell? Our internet went up massively the last two months are we are now paying $250/month for the same package as above (with 500U internet). Thoughts?
Similar, I have gone ahead and cancelled and set the terminate date to 2 weeks from now. Will see if I get a call back with a winback offer. The best they could offer me on 150u+populat TV was 140$ taxes in. We have another account and renewed that one for 110$ and they cant give me the same price. Its frustrating when other people are getting Gigabit and HBO and other stuff thrown in for 110-120$ taxes in.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7549 posts
1006 upvotes
GTA
I currently have very basic cable with Rogers (under $20/month) and cable internet with Carrytel ($34.99/month for 75/10).

Rogers called with an offer they "said" was for existing customers only. 75/10 Internet for $25/month. Unlimited including modem with price guarantee for a year

It's less than I'm paying now. Is it worth it or does Rogers have better offers? The 75/10 works fine for me. I don't need a higher speed if it costs more and don't need additional cable service
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Feb 18, 2014
491 posts
287 upvotes
sillysimms wrote: I currently have very basic cable with Rogers (under $20/month) and cable internet with Carrytel ($34.99/month for 75/10).

Rogers called with an offer they "said" was for existing customers only. 75/10 Internet for $25/month. Unlimited including modem with price guarantee for a year

It's less than I'm paying now. Is it worth it or does Rogers have better offers? The 75/10 works fine for me. I don't need a higher speed if it costs more and don't need additional cable service
Stay with what you have, once the promo is over you'll have to call Rogers to get on another promo, such a pain in the @ss. If you are going to switch make sure that if you cancel Rogers in the future you don't lose the Basic Cable pricing of $20/mth. Sometimes they offer you cheap internet but in order to get that pricing you must also have cable with them at the same time. If you cancel Internet, you have to pay cable at regular price. They may be trying to get you off the old basic package and onto the new.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7549 posts
1006 upvotes
GTA
bobby621 wrote: Stay with what you have, once the promo is over you'll have to call Rogers to get on another promo, such a pain in the @ss. If you are going to switch make sure that if you cancel Rogers in the future you don't lose the Basic Cable pricing of $20/mth. Sometimes they offer you cheap internet but in order to get that pricing you must also have cable with them at the same time. If you cancel Internet, you have to pay cable at regular price. They may be trying to get you off the old basic package and onto the new.
Thank you. That's actually a good point since we don't want to lose the cheap cable. I asked her what happens after a year and she said either we will work with you to keep the price the same or it will go up... Lol.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Sep 20, 2012
23 posts
14 upvotes
Bradford
Premier TV
HBO- CRAVE
PVR
1 gigabit internet
Home phone LD 6 features

$189 tax in

Not great but didn’t have the energy to deal with Rogers this year.

Thread Information

There are currently 11 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 6 guests)

smotani, cheapmeister, Gwal123, shopgirl1, jmhlin