Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Jan 27, 2013
434 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Alias wrote: Got ignite 60 with 200Gb and basic tv for about $92 taxes in and a 150 credit from Steve. Not bad I think.
I was offered the same deal by Steve, but he told me it is a 2 year contract. Not liking the idea that there is a contract - no room for negotiations later on. Was your deal a contract or no contract?

Not sure what to do...
Jul 20, 2007
643 posts
412 upvotes
Financials wrote: good deal - you should be able to negotiate a bit lower afterwards as for example other customers have $42 100u @ 50% off and the basic tv is worth $20-25.

for comparison sake, the 50/10 unlim bell offer comes with basic fibe tv + pvr and home phone for $99.
Exactly what I was thinking!
Jul 20, 2007
643 posts
412 upvotes
kingtosh82 wrote: I was offered the same deal by Steve, but he told me it is a 2 year contract. Not liking the idea that there is a contract - no room for negotiations later on. Was your deal a contract or no contract?

Not sure what to do...
I think he mentioned there is a contract on the cable, but I don't plan on leaving rogers anytime soon and I am guessing I could still negotiate something else in a little while through retentions.
Feb 3, 2014
28 posts
4 upvotes
So can somebody please post Steve's phone number - I can't seem to find it. Somebody said it was on the front page of this thread - where is the front page??
Anyway, his phone number would be helpful. Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
desilou wrote: So can somebody please post Steve's phone number - I can't seem to find it. Somebody said it was on the front page of this thread - where is the front page??
Anyway, his phone number would be helpful. Thanks
how do you manage to find the last but not the front page.

i dont think anyone should even help you, figure it out. its not that hard to get to the first post of this thread.
Dec 4, 2013
515 posts
292 upvotes
Mississauga
Financials wrote: how do you manage to find the last but not the front page.

i dont think anyone should even help you, figure it out. its not that hard to get to the first post of this thread.
Sigh, I really shouldn't be helping, but I should really try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he is new to the net, elderly, and/or mentally disabled.

Here you go little fella: rogers-cable-retentions-new-customers-d ... ed-785331/
Feb 3, 2014
28 posts
4 upvotes
Well aren't you a helpful sort! You should have just ignored my post if you didn't want to be helpful. Publicly insulting somebody else says a lot about you as a person.

Financials wrote: how do you manage to find the last but not the front page.

Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
desilou wrote: Well aren't you a helpful sort! You should have just ignored my post if you didn't want to be helpful. Publicly insulting somebody else says a lot about you as a person.
and not being able to find the front page of this thread says alot about you as a person.

#1 - clicking the thread brings you to the first page.

#2 - the numbers (1186) at the bottom and top of posts on this page also show FIRST. click one of those to go to the front

#3 - my point still stands, how did you figure out how to get to the last page, and make 12 posts, before learning how to get to the first page.

good day sir.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Alright, everybody just relax. No need to be rude over something so small. Either help or don't, but lets take it easy on the rude posts.
Feb 20, 2011
618 posts
201 upvotes
downtown TO
so i just got the ignite 100 and my speedtest only gets me 75 mbps not the 100 it claims to give..this is me hardwired...what speeds are u guys getting thank you
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
irishguy wrote: so i just got the ignite 100 and my speedtest only gets me 75 mbps not the 100 it claims to give..this is me hardwired...what speeds are u guys getting thank you
initial burst goes as high as 190-200Mbps but it drops to about 130 and stays that way til the end.

my basement wired with a 50ft ethernet cord patch cable as a temp test line got 180Mbps, but after hard wiring in the walls its at 50Mbps, working on it now myself in another thread. how is it connected? where does the wire go
Dec 25, 2004
15 posts
Richmond Hill
I just had ignite 100 installed,
and my PC is using wifi to connect to the network( was told it's 802.11ac )
tested on http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html,

download speed 48.25MB/sec,
upload speed 11.17MB/sec.

is it reasonable speed?
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
irishguy wrote: so i just got the ignite 100 and my speedtest only gets me 75 mbps not the 100 it claims to give..this is me hardwired...what speeds are u guys getting thank you
If you have a current laptop or second pc with a gigabit ethernet card, plug in to it and see if that shows a better speed. Had a problem with my pc's card. Drivers were not compatible with the modem. Added a new gigabit card and full speeds as advertised. Also make sure you using at minimum a CAT5e cable.
I had solved the issue by checking the connection with a second computer. The second one with a newer network connection had no issues.

If that doesn't solve it have Rogers test your connection for problems.
Feb 20, 2011
618 posts
201 upvotes
downtown TO
thanks for all your inputs...sorry when i said hardwired i mean i run internet cable from modem to my pc my bad sorry...it shud be hitting higher speeds..will check my ethernet card
Dec 25, 2004
15 posts
Richmond Hill
cassador wrote: If you have a current laptop or second pc with a gigabit ethernet card, plug in to it and see if that shows a better speed. Had a problem with my pc's card. Drivers were not compatible with the modem. Added a new gigabit card and full speeds as advertised. Also make sure you using at minimum a CAT5e cable.
I had solved the issue by checking the connection with a second computer. The second one with a newer network connection had no issues.

If that doesn't solve it have Rogers test your connection for problems.
you're right,
my pc is in another room, that's why I used wifi to connect,
I just found 30m cable in my basement ,and used the cable to connect, the speed is 130MB now,
my current adapter is 802.11 b/g/n , offers up to 300 Mbps, but in a real situation, it's only up to 40-50 Mbps,
I need to buy a new 802.11 AC adapter with external antenna, someone said it worked for them,

thanks for your help, you're the man!
Feb 20, 2011
618 posts
201 upvotes
downtown TO
my amazon fire tv is only giving 45mbps also..time to call rogers
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
irishguy wrote: my amazon fire tv is only giving 45mbps also..time to call rogers
check your wiring, i know you say cable from modem to pc, i meant where. is the pc beside the modem? is it through walls, how is the path.

I am having issues due to path being from upstairs to basement although wired. so things get more complicated with routing.
Feb 20, 2011
618 posts
201 upvotes
downtown TO
Financials wrote: check your wiring, i know you say cable from modem to pc, i meant where. is the pc beside the modem? is it through walls, how is the path.

I am having issues due to path being from upstairs to basement although wired. so things get more complicated with routing.
i had pc right next to the modem pluged in and only getting 45..called rogers and they said on there end the modem is getting 147 speeds..fire tv box pluged in is also getting 45 that is path ran from main floor to basement nothing in the way as i have finish this part basement
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
irishguy wrote: i had pc right next to the modem pluged in and only getting 45..called rogers and they said on there end the modem is getting 147 speeds..fire tv box pluged in is also getting 45 that is path ran from main floor to basement nothing in the way as i have finish this part basement
Does your NIC support gigabit speeds?
I love RFD! :)

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)

saru88, G0AT, turbodiesel, greygables