Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Dec 21, 2010
512 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Modem question:

What are the new modems called that ppl are asking for? What is the benefit (over white tower one)? Does the new modem support all speeds or only certain types?

Any replies welcomed
Jul 24, 2012
95 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
Currently paying $105.99 + tax for ignite popular, 500mbps internet and home phone (discounts expiring end of the month). They want $140.99 + tax. Put in a cancellation request in 2 weeks. Will call ambassador team in a few days. 40+ years rogers customer
Last edited by hockey9898 on Feb 15th, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 14, 2021
2 posts
Rogers Reps:

Long time Rogers customer with current promo expiring in March.

Currently have Ignite Internet 1Gbps + Ignite TV Flex 5

Please PM with any offers in the Ottawa area. I need to keep the 1Gbps Internet but flexible with the Ignite TV package depending on the offer.

Thanks
Feb 9, 2005
926 posts
226 upvotes
My current promo bundle expired and with pandemic life distractions, I didn't re-negotiate in time so hit with at least one month at regular price. Funny enough, I get this in my email and when I contacted Rogers, they said it was for new customers only. I have no idea how their promo team sends out deals that are not applicable to their recipients..

Anyways, I'm looking to renew but I hope this will help someone.
Images
  • Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 12.27.42 AM.png
Nov 11, 2009
495 posts
7 upvotes
Promotion ending March 13, 2021. and had to chat with 5-6 agent, wait a week before the promotion ended on March 18, 2020 before talking to a Rogers Rep through Chat who was able to give me the price of 52.99 + taxes. I asked the agent how he was able to offer the price and despite speaking to numerous people before him on the same day. He indicated he was a little higher in rank above other agents, so he was able to authorize it.... our internet offer is about to expire soon and want to keep the same rate. Our internet package isn't the greatest since it's old, but for the price I cannot complain...

75u
52.99 before taxes.

Please PM if available.

Thanks!
Ryerson Urban and Regional Planning Graduate/Working Professional 2014 - PM me if you have questions about the program/career and I'll try my best to help you out :)
Mar 25, 2018
8 posts
Hey Rogers Reps,

Long time customer with 500u promo ending in March.
Postal code (M2H), please PM me with any offers you got.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1066 posts
676 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
vistaliving wrote: My current promo bundle expired and with pandemic life distractions, I didn't re-negotiate in time so hit with at least one month at regular price. Funny enough, I get this in my email and when I contacted Rogers, they said it was for new customers only. I have no idea how their promo team sends out deals that are not applicable to their recipients..

Anyways, I'm looking to renew but I hope this will help someone.

This is not targetted , it's advertised on Facebook etc and is on their website

https://www.rogers.com/promotions/bundl ... NgWR_w_wcB
Jul 6, 2005
344 posts
154 upvotes
Rogers just switches me from legacy Ignite to the new Ignite telling me how much faster my internet will be.
Just wondering is it normal for the speed test to max out at 250 MB? had the tech out and they told me the speed test (ookla and multiple local Rogers offices) is broken but that I am actually getting full speed.
Speed test to Rogers Ajax looks good at 890Mb but none of the other rogers locations get over 250 Mb\s

Something sounds fishy but not sure how to prove it
Any thoughts
Jul 24, 2005
372 posts
491 upvotes
GTA
Xpdite wrote: Rogers just switches me from legacy Ignite to the new Ignite telling me how much faster my internet will be.
Just wondering is it normal for the speed test to max out at 250 MB? had the tech out and they told me the speed test (ookla and multiple local Rogers offices) is broken but that I am actually getting full speed.
Speed test to Rogers Ajax looks good at 890Mb but none of the other rogers locations get over 250 Mb\s

Something sounds fishy but not sure how to prove it
Any thoughts
The real test is downloading a large file from a reputable provider like apple, Microsoft, google etc... That's your true speed test.
Dec 7, 2012
8 posts
6 upvotes
Concord
Hello,

We're currently located in the L4C area and have been using the 1-year free bundle of Internet+TV+Phone that came with the builder's promotion. It will be expiring soon and we're looking to retain Internet only (as we realized we don't really use Phone or TV anymore).

Please PM me, we would love to work out a deal.

Thank you.
Jul 6, 2005
344 posts
154 upvotes
Windows 10 download from Microsoft. 5.1 gigs 32 minutes
Jul 6, 2005
344 posts
154 upvotes
vistaliving wrote: The advertised deal is better than my emailed deal. Either way, not eligible as I'm not a new customer.
Security Update 2021-002 (Mojave) downloaded from Apple 1.6 gigs 15 minutes
Windows 10 from Microsoft 5.1 gigs 32 minutes
Debian Linux 3.7 gigs 3 hours (did not finish it)
Feb 10, 2020
14 posts
8 upvotes
Hi there,

Looking for a rep.

Currently a customer with 500u and my promo ended a few days ago.
My postal code is M5G, open to any offers.

Thanks!
Jan 20, 2010
3 posts
Mississauga
Hi,
Looking for a rep.
I am currently with Bell and looking for Rogers Ignite TV and internet promo in the L5M Mississauga area.
Feb 14, 2021
2 posts
Hey, new tenant in M5J looking for a good offer for 50/10 speed. Please DM.
Feb 21, 2019
64 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto East
Existing customers with Internet 300U, Popular TV and Home Phone expiring in 2 weeks. Postal Code M1T.
I called into Rogers and the CSR was trying to upsell me to Ignite 1Gb, which I don't need and said if I stayed on the same package the best would be $172.86 (HST in).
Deciding to cross the line to Bell, or a reseller like Distributel or Careytel, anyone have feedback on the Resellers?
I'll probably cancel all my Roger services, as been a Rogers Mobile User since the Cantel days, as their are many more affordable choices today for connectivity.

Thanks! B
Last edited by BryGuy44 on Feb 16th, 2021 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Telus Winback $45.00/25Gb 5G Unlimited: 5 Family Lines = 125Gb Shared (512Kb After) = Family Discount = $30.00/Line +HST
Freedom Big Gig Unlimited+ $45.00/20Gb: 1 Line = 20Gb (256Kb After) = Auto Pay Discount = $40.00/Line + HST
Feb 15, 2021
2 posts
Looking for a Rogers rep to assist me please.

Currently I have Internet 150 for 47.99
Legend Popular Cable for $72.99

Looking to lower my bill (preferred) or cut the cable and only have internet with another provider perhaps.

Postal Code: M8V

If anyone has thoughts on how they can assist me, that would be wonderful.

Thank you.
Feb 15, 2021
1 posts
Existing longtime Rogers customer with Ignite 150 bundle with TV Flex 20 and phone. Promotion expiring mid March. Looking for better offers than current advertised promotion. Postal code M5E

Update: Bell offered for the same package is way lower than what Rogers was offering for an longtime client. Schedule cancellation date.
Last edited by fred3rd on Mar 6th, 2021 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 25, 2009
202 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Bell customer with expiring credits. Wondering what promotions are available for me
Postal code M3M

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

blayze, xchococatx