Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Chatr to Rogers switch deal

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2019 5:52 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
Danyel0U812 wrote: Now that's a hot deal I would take right away and just stay on!

That said I wont pay more than 25+taxes for a cell phone plan so right now I am basically stuck using unlimited talk and text plans with various other small thing like x amount of international texts or unlimited texts within xx area.
You can get $23-25 plan from Public or Lucky mobile that have 1gb data, unlimited talk/text
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
For people looking for 4G LTE Data with Rogers or Fido coming from Chatr they have migration offers.

They're not that great but from what i know a few weeks ago they were offering the following:
$45 4GB Unlimited Talk&Text (might be $40 or $50 lol)
$60 7GB Unlimited Talk&Text

It's not a promo, just an ongoing thing Chatr mentions to you when you call in to request your account number in order to port out.
Feb 11, 2018
52 posts
16 upvotes
Qc
RFDQ1016 wrote: You can get $23-25 plan from Public or Lucky mobile that have 1gb data, unlimited talk/text
Will keep it in mind if I have issues with Rogers. I know I looked at them before joining chatr when I first got my cell but decided to go chatr over PM for some reason, I do now these plans were not available and I think I was maybe put off by the self serve support thing.

My folks have a cell and this home phone from koodo.
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone

$5 /per month 1
Plus a $65 onetime fee (Hub + SIM card)

Unlimited Canada-wide calling (see international rates)

Voicemail 10

Call display

Call waiting

Conference calling

Call forwarding (up to 2500 minutes)2

$35 connection fee applies when purchased in store

$0 connection fee when you order online!

I read that some people ordered this online but instead of inserting the sim into the hub (when first receiving the sim via mail) inserted it into a cell phone and it worked wondering if this still works or if people are still doing this?
Nov 13, 2017
147 posts
194 upvotes
Ontario
illest-One wrote: Wow they raised it to 70$. These effin hustlers. When rogers winback team ask me to come back and take the 40/8Gb, I initially said no and they asked why and i said i have trust issues with you guys for raising the price on me and they reassured me this wont happened again. After i accepted the deal, i asked for the reference number of our conversation and made sure she said it will never change unless i make the change to the plan myself. If they ever change it on me, ill have something to go back to.... but as shady as these companies are, they gonna say something along the lines of “ we dont keep any recording longer than 3
Months or whatever” then i will say F U!!
Call them from your cell and record the call if possible. If not, have the rep send you an email confirming exactly what they said so that you have a written quote from an employee on their side in case the prices go up in the future and it's not just a he said / she said situation.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3175 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
RFDQ1016 wrote: You can get $23-25 plan from Public or Lucky mobile that have 1gb data, unlimited talk/text
Except mine is 6GB
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Dec 18, 2006
122 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
DonJoe wrote:
Call them from your cell and record the call if possible. If not, have the rep send you an email confirming exactly what they said so that you have a written quote from an employee on their side in case the prices go up in the future and it's not just a he said / she said situation.
I did ask her to send me an email regarding about the plan and that it wont go up. But u know these guys... they got clauses in their terms n condition all over the place to get away with the things they pulled off. Right now, i got the best plan i ever had with rogers... was just playing hard to get hahah... make em work for my business
I'm Cheap And I'm Broke!@!
Dec 18, 2006
122 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
cleanvibe wrote:
Apparently that was Fido winback when I called...
Here you go buddy
I'm Cheap And I'm Broke!@!
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
2 of my family lines are on $25 -- 6GB/everything in province (from post-mobilicity) days. Not gonna switch out. I use it primarily for whatsapp/spotify/android auto and it works superb everywhere.

Sooner or later, they will have to transition out of actual 3G bands.
Jun 2, 2010
703 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: Sooner or later, they will have to transition out of actual 3G bands.
Rogers is still using 2G until at least December 2020 (if they don't extend the deadline again), so don't hold your breath! Face With Tears Of Joy

Rogers extends availability of GSM/GPRS network to December 2020
Now: TELUS Unlimited 120GB 5G+ (up to 2Gbps) x 2 = 240 GB shared data
Old: Rogers Infinite Premium 5G+ (up to 1Gbps) Canada+US 100 GB x 2 + 15 GB bonus = 215 GB shared
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
2139 posts
2551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
weedb0y wrote: 2 of my family lines are on $25 -- 6GB/everything in province (from post-mobilicity) days. Not gonna switch out. I use it primarily for whatsapp/spotify/android auto and it works superb everywhere.
Is that the "in-zone" Mobilicity -> Chatr plan? If so, just curious, how did you avoid the price bump from $25 to $30?
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
tvisforme wrote: Is that the "in-zone" Mobilicity -> Chatr plan? If so, just curious, how did you avoid the price bump from $25 to $30?
Yes, that's it.

I called them out on it and I had (by chance) some documentation (support ticket) that listed my plan as "For life". They honored it.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
TheNightOwl wrote: Rogers is still using 2G until at least December 2020 (if they don't extend the deadline again), so don't hold your breath! Face With Tears Of Joy

Rogers extends availability of GSM/GPRS network to December 2020
LOL, damn it.

Actually, my corp line on Rogers LTE, spends more time on 3G than it does in LTE across GTA and it definitely gets more data priority than my Chatr line. Roger's LTE is swiss cheese mess when compared with proper networks of Bell and Telus. Partially, also the reason why I wouldn't pay more to get to Fido etc when I know their network is just average.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2004
1420 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
I've been getting these Chatr to Rogers switch offers routinely, but they are not worth it for me since I had an old $35 legacy Mobilicity plan with Chatr. Last week though, Chatr offered me Canada-wide unlimited data (20gb at full 3g), calling and texting for $50, which I accepted. I agree that Chatr data speeds are not the fastest, but good enough for normal daily usage.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1275 posts
635 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: 2 of my family lines are on $25 -- 6GB/everything in province (from post-mobilicity) days. Not gonna switch out. I use it primarily for whatsapp/spotify/android auto and it works superb everywhere.

Sooner or later, they will have to transition out of actual 3G bands.
Didn't they Jack up the price to $30 a month. I think my mom's account that was migrated from Mobilicity to the $25 6GB plan is now $30 and had been for about a year.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Azenha wrote: I've been getting these Chatr to Rogers switch offers routinely, but they are not worth it for me since I had an old $35 legacy Mobilicity plan with Chatr. Last week though, Chatr offered me Canada-wide unlimited data (20gb at full 3g), calling and texting for $50, which I accepted. I agree that Chatr data speeds are not the fastest, but good enough for normal daily usage.
Not bad at all.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2004
1420 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
theshowman wrote: Didn't they Jack up the price to $30 a month. I think my mom's account that was migrated from Mobilicity to the $25 6GB plan is now $30 and had been for about a year.
Oddly, some were increased and others were not. I have four Chatr lines. Three increased by $5 each (original $25 to $30 and one $30 increased to $35). However, one of my four lines never increased and is still $25 to this day (unlimited province voice, text, data and 6gb of full speed 3g). When the Chatr increase happened a few years back, I called in, but the customer service agent was clueless to provide an explanation. After reading about the increases from others I didn't pursue it. Only recently have I heard of others who also did not have increases and are still at $25. Not sure, but I think these $25 plans that are still at $25 might be the original Mobilicity offerings in the initial years of operation where they guaranteed the price for life. I recall Mobilicity changing the price guarantee a few month or a year before they were bought out by Rogers and moved to Chatr.
Jun 23, 2019
186 posts
198 upvotes
I did the same thing and am waiting for the sim. I am transferring from Fido - their subsidiary where I just bought a tablet plan with 4 gigs data on a 2 year plan with a free tablet. I also have another 4 gig tablet plan with fido that is month to month with a 50% discount that I was using in my 2nd sim. That discount is for 2 years. It will be interesting to see how fido responds. Rogers also has free call forwarding and fido cos not so I will save $120 a year.