Shopping Discussion

Rogers communication is one of the dirtiest player ever!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2010 8:24 pm
May 5, 2009
485 posts
52 upvotes

Rogers communication is one of the dirtiest player ever!!!!

The reps say one thing and they charge you something else.... Worst experience ever!!!!!!
38 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2010
1453 posts
114 upvotes
Never trust anything the rogers rap tells you over the phone, get things in Black and White!

The rap can say whatever they want to say to get you into deals or extra services, but once they get you into something, what you get might not be what you've been told! And when you go after them for "fraud", they get right back at you and ask "who says, which rap did you talk to"? You can go one step further and say that "the call might be recorded for quality purposes", they'll say the call "might" be recorded, they only use the recording to their advantage... However, once you've agreed to something through the phone, usually they'll say it's in your contract already, and if you cancel it you know how much they'll penalize you so and so!

A few things you can do, either record the call yourself, or set foot in a rogers store, tell them that you've been offer such and such and get something in writing to ensure what you expect is what you are going to get!
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
41 upvotes
melvin905 wrote: The reps say one thing and they charge you something else.... Worst experience ever!!!!!!

Welcome to the club..

That's the thing with Rogers, in order to get what they promised you, you have to call in at least 4-5 times and spend at least 4 hours in combined phone time. Then the worst part is that the stupid cellular network is overloaded that you can't use any of your minutes and the cable system is garbage!
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6903 posts
261 upvotes
melvin905 wrote: The reps say one thing and they charge you something else.... Worst experience ever!!!!!!

trust me when I say no one knows better than I do.......

When I was 17 I got an 1,100 bill because not one... not two... BUT THREE REPS that I taped were all misinformed about my plan. I TRIPLE CHECKED to make sure I got what they said I got..... but alas, it didnt matter.
[external advertising and solicitation in signature is not allowed]
May 5, 2009
485 posts
52 upvotes
Dante19 wrote: Care to elaborate?

2 reps told me that im getting the equipments (HDPVR and regular HDbox) free of charge.. well not free but they will waive the rental. They also told me that I can try The Movie Channel for 2 months and if i dont like it just call back before the 2nd month expire to cancel the movie network. When I got my invoice i got charges for those. I called the retention dept. and told them about my situation but they wouldnt do anything because it was never noted on my account.. now my stuckkk and cant cancel
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
84 upvotes
You've gotta get a reference number every time they promise something, or it's just words. Sucks that you had to learn this way but when dealing with crooks you've got to be aware.
Apr 23, 2009
901 posts
87 upvotes
defencerulez wrote: Never trust anything the rogers rap tells you over the phone, get things in Black and White!

The rap can say whatever they want to say to get you into deals or extra services, but once they get you into something, what you get might not be what you've been told! And when you go after them for "fraud", they get right back at you and ask "who says, which rap did you talk to"? You can go one step further and say that "the call might be recorded for quality purposes", they'll say the call "might" be recorded, they only use the recording to their advantage... However, once you've agreed to something through the phone, usually they'll say it's in your contract already, and if you cancel it you know how much they'll penalize you so and so!

A few things you can do, either record the call yourself, or set foot in a rogers store, tell them that you've been offer such and such and get something in writing to ensure what you expect is what you are going to get!

If they're claiming that these promotions weren't promised when you agreed to the contract over the phone, ask for a recording of the call. If they can't provide the recording, tell them that you didn't agree to the contract then, since they can't provide a recording. I've used this a few times before, it either leads to the contract being terminated or the recording 'magically' being found.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
melvin905 wrote: 2 reps told me that im getting the equipments (HDPVR and regular HDbox) free of charge.. well not free but they will waive the rental. They also told me that I can try The Movie Channel for 2 months and if i dont like it just call back before the 2nd month expire to cancel the movie network. When I got my invoice i got charges for those. I called the retention dept. and told them about my situation but they wouldnt do anything because it was never noted on my account.. now my stuckkk and cant cancel

Call them again. It might take a few tries before you get someone willing to do something for you.

As far as I know you can get cancel the rentals and movie channel without penalty. Contract is only on the cable I think..
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1348 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
+1 on the Robbers. Was told one of my contracts ended on July 17th, 2011. I told them not possible its on Dec. 17th, 2010. Well sir, you called in and we gave you extra benefits on the line and at that time your contract extended, please don't lie. I'm like really what were they? They listed it and I told them really? That's what came with the line, and in fact if you look on the service record online the things all expire on Dec 17th, 2010. Transfers me over and the supervisor is like, OH OOPS, I found the mistake, its fixed, anything else?

PSSSH...

1 contract done 3 more to go...

Then done with ROBBERS forever!

(This is just their latest one that happened last week) It never ends with them!
May 5, 2009
485 posts
52 upvotes
flashy_mcflash wrote: You've gotta get a reference number every time they promise something, or it's just words. Sucks that you had to learn this way but when dealing with crooks you've got to be aware.

I gave them the interaction number but the rep didnt put a note on my account
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
defencerulez wrote: Never trust anything the rogers rap tells you over the phone, get things in Black and White!

Wouldn't you have to let the phone rep know you are recording them?
If you go to the Rogers store-you could always record the transaction on your cellphone-mine has a built in voice recorder..might be an idea?

I haven't dealt w Rogers,but I know Telephone Booth they are sometimes shady too.
Was going to buy a phone case and they were trying to charge me more then what was on the item. :facepalm:
Ended up not buying there, also many of the stores I went to for telephone booth or "booth" now-they always seem to hire young and unexperienced people,who have no idea of any of the phone plans they sell.

Also if you are getting a Rogers phone,go somewhere other than the Source- the staff there are pretty bad usually and have no idea of the plans they sell.
The nearest source to me in ottawa they keep the cell phones in a drawer and none of the phones work!
Really..and the store is falling apart (waiting for it to close soon?)

Maybe if you go to an actual Rogers store service might be better?
Verified Rep
Oct 3, 2010
49 posts
34 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hi all

I am Elise from Rogers social media team.

Our team is here to make it easier for customers to make business with us. We don't replace traditional Customer Care channels, so if you have an issue, best is first to call either Customer Service or Tech Support for help and troubleshooting.

If you can't manage to solve your issue, then please don't hesitate to reach out to me by PM or on Twitter, @RogersElise so that I can look into it and see if there's something I can do.

We're listening to our customers and appreciate your feedback as well. So don't hesitate to contact me!

Elise
Dec 16, 2006
657 posts
223 upvotes
Central Ontario
RogersElise wrote: Hi all

We're listening to our customers and appreciate your feedback as well.

Elise

Elise - if you're looking for feedback ....

I have been with Rogers since they bought Sprint.
A couple years ago, Rogers called and said they were switching my phone line to cable. In other words, cutting the copper and hooking up to cable, which would save them (but not me) money. I said no, and we agreed on a mutually acceptable date for cancellation of my phone service with you.

A couple months ago, I received an email from Rogers saying thanks - have a free pay per view movie on us for being a customer. Another email a few weeks later - just to remind me. So we ordered and watched one - then it shows up on our bill.
I shouldn't have had to call to get the charges removed.

So I decided to look at other ISP's and televison service providers. It turns out I can get comparable products for about $500 a year less. I called to cancel and was connected to your retentions dept who said they'd match the prices for the same services. I told them about Shaw's Ontario package (on another RFD thread), but since they couldn't find the offer on Shaw's website, they told me it did not exist. When I told her it was not a website deal, she said she couldn't do anything and processed my cancellation for both cable and internet. She didn't even offer a discount or price match on internet.

So, on Saturday this week Shaw is installing their dish. I will be paying $30.00 per month less for essentially the same channels. On Wednesday next week, Rogers internet will end and I'll plug in the Bell modem (already installed - speeds comparable to Rogers) and stay connected. When the 4 months for $9.95 deal from Dell (grab and go kit on another RFD thread) ends in January, I'll have Teksavvy (they were the ones I went to when Rogers home phone ended) up and running. That's about $12.00 a month less than Rogers was charging.

So - I really don't have any further issues or problems with Rogers. I've solved them

thanks for listening.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1348 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
drb789 wrote: Elise - if you're looking for feedback ....

I have been with Rogers since they bought Sprint.
A couple years ago, Rogers called and said they were switching my phone line to cable. In other words, cutting the copper and hooking up to cable, which would save them (but not me) money. I said no, and we agreed on a mutually acceptable date for cancellation of my phone service with you.

A couple months ago, I received an email from Rogers saying thanks - have a free pay per view movie on us for being a customer. Another email a few weeks later - just to remind me. So we ordered and watched one - then it shows up on our bill.
I shouldn't have had to call to get the charges removed.

So I decided to look at other ISP's and televison service providers. It turns out I can get comparable products for about $500 a year less. I called to cancel and was connected to your retentions dept who said they'd match the prices for the same services. I told them about Shaw's Ontario package (on another RFD thread), but since they couldn't find the offer on Shaw's website, they told me it did not exist. When I told her it was not a website deal, she said she couldn't do anything and processed my cancellation for both cable and internet. She didn't even offer a discount or price match on internet.

So, on Saturday this week Shaw is installing their dish. I will be paying $30.00 per month less for essentially the same channels. On Wednesday next week, Rogers internet will end and I'll plug in the Bell modem (already installed - speeds comparable to Rogers) and stay connected. When the 4 months for $9.95 deal from Dell (grab and go kit on another RFD thread) ends in January, I'll have Teksavvy (they were the ones I went to when Rogers home phone ended) up and running. That's about $12.00 a month less than Rogers was charging.

So - I really don't have any further issues or problems with Rogers. I've solved them

thanks for listening.

Post of the internet candidate....
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4415 posts
532 upvotes
RogersElise wrote: Hi all

Our team is here to make it easier for customers to make business with us. We don't replace traditional Customer Care channels, so if you have an issue, best is first to call either Customer Service or Tech Support for help and troubleshooting.

If you can't manage to solve your issue, then please don't hesitate to reach out to me by PM or on Twitter, @RogersElise so that I can look into it and see if there's something I can do.

We're listening to our customers and appreciate your feedback as well. So don't hesitate to contact me!

Elise
why do you charge SAF on home phone?
why do you keep reducing bandwith every year for rogers internet?
Nov 23, 2010
21 posts
4 upvotes
drb789 wrote: [snip]

thanks for listening.

+1
I rarely hear of a positive customer experience with Rogers. It has me wondering how they stay in business.

Every interaction I had with Rogers left me seething. The last service we had from them before firing them was digital cable, and the Rogers store rep promised a number of features and incentives, which fortunately I asked for in writing. Naturally the first invoices completely ignored the written commitments and overcharged us. Endless hours on the phone with truculent, low-wage simians, without result. One actually told me that it didn't matter what I had on a printed page with a Rogers logo on the top; I was going to pay what they invoiced me.

Finally a series of fax exchanges with their Office of the President got it resolved and an apology issued. (The "Office of the President" at Rogers is actually an nth-level customer service layer, kind of like a toxic clean-up team. Rogers' calculation is that it's more profitable to gouge people because only x per cent of customers will fight and they still net out higher than they would if they ran an ethical, competent business.)

We've been Rogers-free and in bliss for eighteen months now. I go out of my way whenever I can to wave off innocent consumers (friends don't let friends do business with Rogers).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)