Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Connected for Success - Affordable Internet plans for select people in need (ON, NB, NFLD)

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2022 6:59 pm
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11494 posts
6341 upvotes
Ontario signup experience.

Emailed rogers the MyBenefits PDF, name, address, phone & desired package, got a response next business day with a reference number. Called the next business day.

It took 18 minutes on the phone to set up the account. They had to verify the reference number, the connection to the home & the appointment so there were a few minutes waiting in between there. The applicant does not have a Rogers connection so Rogers has to come to their home. Appointment is next business day.

The agent gave an account number to set up a login (with their email) on rogers.com (sign in/register link). The billing cycle is from the 12th of the month to the 11th of the month & payment must be received by the 11th. If paying at the bank it takes 2-5 business days for the payment to go through so you should plan to pay by the 4th (to account for weekends) or set up preauthorized payment by credit card or bank account. They bill one month in advance & pro-rate the 1st month so for service starting tomorrow & a 1st bill on the 11th, the 1st bill should be around $20 and $16.94/month after that for the 50Mbps package at $14.99/month. In this case the bill will show a charge of $149 and a credit of $149 because the technician is coming to the home. (Installation fees are waived). I was able set up an account on rogers.com immediately, even before the installation, & add a credit card. Do not wait for a paper bill. It is not coming.

There is no expiry to the program & the user does not have to be reverified unless they upgrade to a higher-speed (above 150Mbsp) consumer package & then downgrade back to the Connected to Success program.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1167 posts
805 upvotes
Canada
r3ddrag0nx wrote: Lol, you guys are seriously complaining?
Ya, on behalf of the people that desperately need it.
Getting a Wyze V3 Indoor / Outdoor Camera? SEE my FAQ Answers❗ ➡ CLICK HERE TO SEE MY POST

Telus: $45/25GB Unlimited Data [Multi Line + $5/24Mnth Disc.]
Freedom: Everywhere $50 18GB+1GB [F&F + Digital Disc.]
Fonus: Unltd CA/US/MEX Data FREE/Month
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11494 posts
6341 upvotes
BELL
Recipient of the maximum Canada Child Benefit; received an invitation code from the Government of Canada
10 Mbps
100 Gb
$10
FREE refurbished computer
National

ROGERS
A rent-geared-to-income tenant of a non-profit housing parter,
OR
Recipient of OW, ODSP or GIS,
OR
Recipent of the maximum Canada Child Benefit
25 Mbps/50Mbps/75Mbps/150Mbps
Unlimited
$9.99/$14.99/$24.99/$34.99
Ontario, New Brunswick, Newfoundland

TELUS
Recipient of the maximum Canada Child Benefit; family net income of less than or equal to $31,120; received an invitation code from the Government of Canada,
OR
Recipient of the PWD or AISH benefit,
OR
Age 18-26 in AB, Age 19-26 in BC
25Mbps
Unlimited
$9.99
Option to purchase a low cost refurbished computer
Alberta, British Columbia
Mar 3, 2004
132 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
For anyone interested, I recently signed up my dad under the Connected for Success program. Previously, I had Rogers 150u plan for my parents home under my account. After my dad qualified for the program, I got a call from Rogers to set up the account. I told the rep, there is an existing connection at home under my account. She first created a new profile for my dad, then transferred the internet from my account to his profile, then finally converted that to Connected for Success plan.

I asked if I need to return the existing modem and set up a new modem (as previously mentioned in this thread), she advised that won't be necessary. All she did was disconnect the existing internet at my parents place and reactivated the line. Took about 10 minutes and my dad had to power cycle (unplug / re-plug) the modem.

All in all, it was a smooth process and would definitely recommend for folks who qualify for it.

As for wireless plans under Connected for Success program, she mentioned they may have plans within an years time. Currently, they are focused on including TV packages under this program.
Nov 27, 2013
187 posts
43 upvotes
Canada
They were approved and need to call. Does the address need to match what's on the documents as their mailing address is different than where they live?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6831 posts
3331 upvotes
Debtario
JohnBay wrote: They were approved and need to call. Does the address need to match what's on the documents as their mailing address is different than where they live?
Should be ok as long as the service address is the same as the one on the application. Best to call and check though. My understanding is what if you moved after you got the tax slip/etc? Would seem too much work to have the applicant have to fetch new documentation with updated addresses.

They use the documents just to check eligibility, I dont believe they actually pull anything else from it, otherwise they would have already had a SIN when I applied for a family member.
They did however already have the address from the application form, seemed it was already entered when the approval went through.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1569 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
JohnBay wrote: Does the address need to match what's on the documents
I provided screenshot of T4A(OAS) from CRA my account, which has no address. Just name with amounts
Nov 27, 2013
187 posts
43 upvotes
Canada
Apparently Starter Cable is $30 extra
$60 extra for flex 20.

Not worth it to bundle cable seems super high.

And yes the address doesnt seem to matter much.
Sep 8, 2007
306 posts
237 upvotes
Signed up my mom at her house w/me as authorized to manage the affairs.

$9.99+tx. Spoke with Rogers yesterday, had modem in my hands today. Very smooth and they were very nice.

My Mom "upgrading" from 5Mbps to 25Mbps at a 4th of the cost. Thank you so much!
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11494 posts
6341 upvotes
SonicSam wrote: Signed up my mom at her house w/me as authorized to manage the affairs.

$9.99+tx. Spoke with Rogers yesterday, had modem in my hands today. Very smooth and they were very nice.

My Mom "upgrading" from 5Mbps to 25Mbps at a 4th of the cost. Thank you so much!
Good for you! :)
Jul 31, 2018
364 posts
172 upvotes
how long was the wait time for them to respond back? i sent email aug 11, but still no replies
full time realtor + medical professional
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11494 posts
6341 upvotes
maxineli wrote: how long was the wait time for them to respond back? i sent email aug 11, but still no replies
Next business day in my case. Sent all the required paperwork, name, address, email, phone, desired package & got an email next day saying the person was approved. If your email did not have complete information, maybe try again.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1578 posts
407 upvotes
GTA
JohnBay wrote: Apparently Starter Cable is $30 extra
$60 extra for flex 20.

Not worth it to bundle cable seems super high.

And yes the address doesnt seem to matter much.
There is no deal with tv cable. The deal is with the internet and if you need tv and phone, the total price of the bundle is still good. Home phone service is $10 for local, $15 for LD in Canada, and $20 for LD in US.
Before it was internet only and now you can add other services to the bundle.
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $50/15GB plan + $0/4gb add on - Medium Tab / Tab Plus
Freedom Mobile $19/1.5GB plan
Jul 31, 2018
364 posts
172 upvotes
got approved for technician to come install tomorrow. I'm currently on carrytel, anyone know how to proceed in disconnecting the service/payment with carrytel?
full time realtor + medical professional
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11494 posts
6341 upvotes
maxineli wrote: got approved for technician to come install tomorrow. I'm currently on carrytel, anyone know how to proceed in disconnecting the service/payment with carrytel?
Just call their billing department https://www.carrytel.ca/support.aspx

I helped set up a connection where the previous service was Virgin (Bell). Virgin was billing $60/month for 50Mbps and they said they could not disconnect the service until the end of the month. I had the Rogers service installed on the 5th of the month so only 1/6 of the days were used. I bargained them down to $10 for the month and sent in the modem same day so there could be no argument that the service was still being used.

Be sure to check how many days of the billing cycle you have used the service before disconnecting in case you have to argue with them. Get a postal receipt when you send in your modem, or take it to the depot yourself immediately and get a receipt.
Nov 26, 2003
81 posts
169 upvotes
I called 1 866 689 0758 this morning. The guy on the phone said he would send me an e-mail so that I can attached my Dad's T4A(OAS) slip on the thread.
8 hours have passed and still have not got the e-mail, even though I have triple-confirmed my e-mail address before I hanged up Disappointed Face

Is the said e-mail generic? Which e-mail address should I write to - anyone kind enough to share with me? I'm in Ontario...
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11494 posts
6341 upvotes
erlkonig wrote: I called 1 866 689 0758 this morning. The guy on the phone said he would send me an e-mail so that I can attached my Dad's T4A(OAS) slip on the thread.
8 hours have passed and still have not got the e-mail, even though I have triple-confirmed my e-mail address before I hanged up Disappointed Face

Is the said e-mail generic? Which e-mail address should I write to - anyone kind enough to share with me? I'm in Ontario...
[email protected]
Sep 23, 2012
87 posts
72 upvotes
Just got my phone call today. Getting 75 for $35. Not sure why only 75 and not 150 but she said that's what they have for me. Still better than paying $100 for 35. I had emailed them on the 18th so 6 days wait isn't too bad.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11494 posts
6341 upvotes
TedHughes wrote: Just got my phone call today. Getting 75 for $35. Not sure why only 75 and not 150 but she said that's what they have for me. Still better than paying $100 for 35. I had emailed them on the 18th so 6 days wait isn't too bad.
I thought that 75 was $25/month?

I set up someone with 50Mbps for $15 & they are getting 65Mbsp. You can change your bracket at any time. I would check that price though. No point in overpaying.

You can check the availability at your address here https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/internet Maybe they do not have the speed in your area.
Sep 23, 2012
87 posts
72 upvotes
I've been on 150 here for years. We have up to Ignite Internet Gigabit (1 Gbps down) in this area. Damn, just noticed that is $119. I could have been having some fast internet for only a few dollars more. Paying $108/month now so anything is better.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)