Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Connected for Success - Affordable Internet plans for select people in need (ON, NB, NFLD)

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2022 6:59 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14827 posts
5707 upvotes
RFD
Ference wrote: Yes, I'm still getting steady 200-280Mbps (knock on wood). Tested by downloading 3 different size of files.
Speed Test
My location is Ottawa, Centretown.
Wow that's crazy. Let's hope no one at Rogers notices lol
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1619 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
My relative's first bill has Netflix subscription on it (see image below). Does that mean Rogers subscribed Netflix for them without their knowledge?
Images
  • Rogers Netflix.JPG
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11551 posts
6406 upvotes
spyhero wrote: My relative's first bill has Netflix subscription on it (see image below). Does that mean Rogers subscribed Netflix for them without their knowledge?
When you search Ignite using voice it shows all shows that match your search terms on all platforms, so if you are subscribed to Prime or Netflix those shows show up in your results & you can click to view them that easy. They may have clicked on a Netflix movie & auto-subscribed? Because Rogers lets you add tv channels though the tv controller. I am surprised but can see how this could theoretically happen without the user fully understanding what they did. You would have to confirm purchase at 1 point but it is only 1 button click. I would call the number 1-866-689-0758 & ask if they subscribed through using the tv remote.

I thought that you were only allowed to add channels through the call centre because the online channel picker in the account is disabled. Something tells me this was not supposed to happen.
Last edited by lecale on Jan 2nd, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1619 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
lecale wrote: When you search Ignite using voice it shows all shows that match your search terms on all platforms, so if you are subscribed to Prime or Netflix those shows show up in your results & you can click to view them that easy. They may have clicked on a Netflix movie & auto-subscribed? Because Rogers lets you add tv channels though the tv controller. I am surprised but can see how this could theoretically happen without the user fully understanding what they did. You would have to confirm purchase at 1 point but it is only 1 button click. I would call the number 1-866-689-0758 & ask if they subscribed through using the tv remote.
Thanks for the clarification! My relatives only have Rogers internet. They do not have Rogers TV subscription. Should they ask Rogers to cancel Netflix?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11551 posts
6406 upvotes
spyhero wrote: Thanks for the clarification! My relatives only have Rogers internet. They do not have Rogers TV subscription. Should they ask Rogers to cancel Netflix?
Oh wow, yes, they should get rid of that Netflix, it should not be on there.

I just edited my last past to add "I thought that you were only allowed to add channels through the call centre because the online channel picker in the account is disabled. Something tells me this was not supposed to happen." So in no way should they have Netflix.

I set up someone with the tv & it ended up being an additional $74.99 to match & slightly exceed what they had with Bell for around $110. I recommend the tv. Phone is an additional $10 local $15 Canada-wide. The only issue is it goes through the modem so it does not work during a power outage like a powered ordinary landline does.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1619 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
lecale wrote: Oh wow, yes, they should get rid of that Netflix, it should not be on there.

I just edited my last past to add "I thought that you were only allowed to add channels through the call centre because the online channel picker in the account is disabled. Something tells me this was not supposed to happen." So in no way should they have Netflix.

I set up someone with the tv & it ended up being an additional $74.99 to match & slightly exceed what they had with Bell for around $110. I recommend the tv. Phone is an additional $10 local $15 Canada-wide. The only issue is it goes through the modem so it does not work during a power outage like a powered ordinary landline does.
Thanks again for your prompt reply! Will ask my relatives to cancel Netflix ASAP.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11551 posts
6406 upvotes
I want to document my ordeal setting up tv for someone so people do not have to go through the same thing.

The account holder previously had Bell “Better” & we switched him to Rogers Ignite Flex 20 + Sports at $44.99 over the internet cost but it was not enough channels.

HOWEVER the online channel management feature in the Rogers account is disabled for Connected For Success clients & you have to call into 1-866-689-0758 to change channels, but there is no limit to how many times you can do that in a month (online you can only change flex channels 1X a month). It still leaves you picking channels blindly.

You need to ask the rep to email you the PDF “Rogers Ignite Flex TV Plus Sports Channel Line-Up.pdf” (below).

channellineup1.png
channellineup2.png
channellineup3.png

You read it like this:

You get all the channels marked with a checkmark & cannot change that.

Anything marked “Flex Included” are the default Flex channels you get for your 20 flex channels (which include the sport channels you get). You can swap out any Flex or Flex Included channel for any other Flex or Flex Included channel.

Some bunches of channels count as 1 channel:

Comedy Channel + Comedy Channel West count as 1 channel
Family Channel + Family Channel West count as 1 channel
Teletoon + Teletoon Channel West count as 1 channel
TLN + TLN West count as 1 channel
YTV + YTV West count as 1 channel
Fairchild TV + Fairchild TV West count as 1 channel
Sportsnet Ontario/East/West/Pacific count as 1 channel
TSN 1/2/3/4/5 count as 1 channel

Once you have massaged the Flex channels as much as you can & need more channels, you can consider Theme Packs (below). If you already have some of the channels in the theme pack, you can flex-swap them for others.

Canadian and US Timeshifting
$6.00

ABC Seattle (KOMO) 192
ABC Seattle HD (KOMO) 193
CBC Calgary 161
CBC Halifax 128
CBC St. John's 126
CBC Vancouver 166
CBC Winnipeg 156
CBS Seattle (KIRO) 193
CBS Seattle HD (KIRO)
Citytv Calgary 163
Citytv Montreal 613
Citytv Vancouver 167
Citytv Vancouver HD
Citytv Winnipeg 158
CTV Atlantic Halifax 129
CTV Calgary 163
CTV HD British Columbia 168
CTV Kitchener/London 12
CTV Two Atlantic 127
CTV Two Vancouver Island 169
CTV Vancouver 168
CTV Winnipeg 158
FAITHTV 225
FOX Seattle (KCPQ)194
FOX Seattle HD (KCPQ)
Global BC 170
Global BC HD
Global Calgary 164
Global Durham 141
Joytv 227
NBC Seattle (KING) 195
NBC Seattle HD (KING)
Noovo Montreal HD 613
OMNI BC 171
PBS Detroit (WTVS) 189
PBS Seattle (KCTS) 196
PBS Seattle HD (KCTS)
Télé-Québec 618
Télé-Québec HD

Drama & Comedy
$10.00

Adult Swim HD
AMC
AMC HD
CTV Comedy Channel (West)
CTV Comedy Channel HD (East)
CTV Sci-Fi Channel
CTV Sci-Fi Channel HD
documentary
documentary HD
FX
FX HD
FXX HD
Lifetime HD
MovieTime
MovieTime HD
Paramount Network HD

Entertainment
$5.00

A&E
A&E HD
BBC First
CMT Canada
CTV Drama Channel
CTV Drama Channel HD
Showcase
Showcase HD

Science & History
$10.00

American Heroes Channel
Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel HD
Discovery Science HD
History
History HD
History2 HD
NASA TV
NASA TV HD
National Geographic Channel
National Geographic Channel HD
Smithsonian Channel

Classic TV & Movies
$5.00

DejaView
Peachtree TV
Peachtree TV HD
Rewind
Silver Screen Classics
Turner Classic Movies
Turner Classic Movies HD
VisionTV HD

Hollywood Suite
$5.95

Hollywood Suite 2000s HD
Hollywood Suite 70s HD
Hollywood Suite 80s HD
Hollywood Suite 90s HD
Hollywood Suite On Demand

Crave + Movies + HBO
$19.95
Crave 1 HD
Crave 2 HD
Crave 3 HD
Crave 4 HD
Crave+Movies+HBO On Demand
HBO 1 HD
HBO 2 HD

Altogether we added Canadian and US Timeshifting ($6), Entertainment ($5) & Classic TV & Movies ($5) & came up a bit better than Bell “Better”. With 50 Mbsp internet & local phone ($10) the monthly bill is $109.99 + tax for a total of $114.12. Picking channels for the end user was a total ordeal & I hope this helps someone.
Nov 17, 2017
258 posts
67 upvotes
Gta
Ference wrote: Wow! I'm on a 50u plan and lately I've noticed that my download speed gone up:
Oh wow..i just got 50u installed at my dad place and didy speed check..was only getting 60 mbps.
Jan 19, 2006
387 posts
42 upvotes
Anyone know if there's any way to get regular cable tv? my grandma only watches 1 channel day and night... the stupid box goes to sleep every 5 hrs and there's no way to turn off the power saving functionality.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4205 posts
1178 upvotes
Mississauga
skguyt20 wrote: Oh wow..i just got 50u installed at my dad place and didy speed check..was only getting 60 mbps.
60ish is what to get on 50u.
That seems to be normal.
75u will get around 100s.
Jun 8, 2019
415 posts
528 upvotes
exactly this is an ongoing deal.
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido.
Oct 15, 2020
48 posts
14 upvotes
CFS plans are also available for RGI tenants who live in buildings owned by Rogers CFS partners.
Last edited by Mikki37 on Mar 3rd, 2022 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2123 posts
901 upvotes
Toronto
I have a relative who is getting CPP-Disability. Would he qualify for this?
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3193 posts
202 upvotes
Calgary
What is the specs for the “ FREE refurbished computer” (desktop) thx? No screen ??

Please enter a Rogers or Fido cellular number only. We’ll send a verification text for security.

can i use fongo phone number for sms for myrogers account ? thx
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
859 posts
402 upvotes
kocoman wrote: What is the specs for the “ FREE refurbished computer” (desktop) thx? No screen ??

Please enter a Rogers or Fido cellular number only. We’ll send a verification text for security.

can i use fongo phone number for sms for myrogers account ? thx
They come with a screen with all the accessories, since it’s free and refurbished there’s only so much you can do with it but I’m really impressed with how it can even run high performance games on a school computer lol. Anyway I don’t want to give you the wrong info about fongo so Someone else help him out
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
859 posts
402 upvotes
kman1 wrote: For anyone interested, I recently signed up my dad under the Connected for Success program. Previously, I had Rogers 150u plan for my parents home under my account. After my dad qualified for the program, I got a call from Rogers to set up the account. I told the rep, there is an existing connection at home under my account. She first created a new profile for my dad, then transferred the internet from my account to his profile, then finally converted that to Connected for Success plan.

I asked if I need to return the existing modem and set up a new modem (as previously mentioned in this thread), she advised that won't be necessary. All she did was disconnect the existing internet at my parents place and reactivated the line. Took about 10 minutes and my dad had to power cycle (unplug / re-plug) the modem.

All in all, it was a smooth process and would definitely recommend for folks who qualify for it.

As for wireless plans under Connected for Success program, she mentioned they may have plans within an years time. Currently, they are focused on including TV packages under this program.

whoever helped you out holy, not just great customer care/support, honest to the customers rather then to rogers themselves, all the reps I’ve spoke with either said there’s noting like that while others have said there has been talk about transitioning it into connected for success one day. so we literally have a few more months to be a year from when you spoke with her, they might add it then again, I have feeling in my gut even though Canada is a load of scam surely they haven’t added mobile plans cause they wanted to take over Shaw/freedom🤷🏾‍♂️Thinking Face
May 12, 2006
277 posts
163 upvotes
lecale wrote: I want to document my ordeal setting up tv for someone so people do not have to go through the same thing.

The account holder previously had Bell “Better” & we switched him to Rogers Ignite Flex 20 + Sports at $44.99 over the internet cost but it was not enough channels.

HOWEVER the online channel management feature in the Rogers account is disabled for Connected For Success clients & you have to call into 1-866-689-0758 to change channels, but there is no limit to how many times you can do that in a month (online you can only change flex channels 1X a month). It still leaves you picking channels blindly.

You need to ask the rep to email you the PDF “Rogers Ignite Flex TV Plus Sports Channel Line-Up.pdf” (below).

channellineup1.pngchannellineup2.pngchannellineup3.png

You read it like this:

You get all the channels marked with a checkmark & cannot change that.

Anything marked “Flex Included” are the default Flex channels you get for your 20 flex channels (which include the sport channels you get). You can swap out any Flex or Flex Included channel for any other Flex or Flex Included channel.

Some bunches of channels count as 1 channel:

Comedy Channel + Comedy Channel West count as 1 channel
Family Channel + Family Channel West count as 1 channel
Teletoon + Teletoon Channel West count as 1 channel
TLN + TLN West count as 1 channel
YTV + YTV West count as 1 channel
Fairchild TV + Fairchild TV West count as 1 channel
Sportsnet Ontario/East/West/Pacific count as 1 channel
TSN 1/2/3/4/5 count as 1 channel

Once you have massaged the Flex channels as much as you can & need more channels, you can consider Theme Packs (below). If you already have some of the channels in the theme pack, you can flex-swap them for others.

Canadian and US Timeshifting
$6.00

ABC Seattle (KOMO) 192
ABC Seattle HD (KOMO) 193
CBC Calgary 161
CBC Halifax 128
CBC St. John's 126
CBC Vancouver 166
CBC Winnipeg 156
CBS Seattle (KIRO) 193
CBS Seattle HD (KIRO)
Citytv Calgary 163
Citytv Montreal 613
Citytv Vancouver 167
Citytv Vancouver HD
Citytv Winnipeg 158
CTV Atlantic Halifax 129
CTV Calgary 163
CTV HD British Columbia 168
CTV Kitchener/London 12
CTV Two Atlantic 127
CTV Two Vancouver Island 169
CTV Vancouver 168
CTV Winnipeg 158
FAITHTV 225
FOX Seattle (KCPQ)194
FOX Seattle HD (KCPQ)
Global BC 170
Global BC HD
Global Calgary 164
Global Durham 141
Joytv 227
NBC Seattle (KING) 195
NBC Seattle HD (KING)
Noovo Montreal HD 613
OMNI BC 171
PBS Detroit (WTVS) 189
PBS Seattle (KCTS) 196
PBS Seattle HD (KCTS)
Télé-Québec 618
Télé-Québec HD

Drama & Comedy
$10.00

Adult Swim HD
AMC
AMC HD
CTV Comedy Channel (West)
CTV Comedy Channel HD (East)
CTV Sci-Fi Channel
CTV Sci-Fi Channel HD
documentary
documentary HD
FX
FX HD
FXX HD
Lifetime HD
MovieTime
MovieTime HD
Paramount Network HD

Entertainment
$5.00

A&E
A&E HD
BBC First
CMT Canada
CTV Drama Channel
CTV Drama Channel HD
Showcase
Showcase HD

Science & History
$10.00

American Heroes Channel
Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel HD
Discovery Science HD
History
History HD
History2 HD
NASA TV
NASA TV HD
National Geographic Channel
National Geographic Channel HD
Smithsonian Channel

Classic TV & Movies
$5.00

DejaView
Peachtree TV
Peachtree TV HD
Rewind
Silver Screen Classics
Turner Classic Movies
Turner Classic Movies HD
VisionTV HD

Hollywood Suite
$5.95

Hollywood Suite 2000s HD
Hollywood Suite 70s HD
Hollywood Suite 80s HD
Hollywood Suite 90s HD
Hollywood Suite On Demand

Crave + Movies + HBO
$19.95
Crave 1 HD
Crave 2 HD
Crave 3 HD
Crave 4 HD
Crave+Movies+HBO On Demand
HBO 1 HD
HBO 2 HD

Altogether we added Canadian and US Timeshifting ($6), Entertainment ($5) & Classic TV & Movies ($5) & came up a bit better than Bell “Better”. With 50 Mbsp internet & local phone ($10) the monthly bill is $109.99 + tax for a total of $114.12. Picking channels for the end user was a total ordeal & I hope this helps someone.

I just asked about this and fairchild is not included in this program. It is an additional $14.95 for Fairchild 1 and $5 for Fairchild 2. This is in Markham, and it could be different in Cambridge where your PDF says.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3193 posts
202 upvotes
Calgary
StormJG wrote: They come with a screen with all the accessories, since it’s free and refurbished there’s only so much you can do with it but I’m really impressed with how it can even run high performance games on a school computer lol. Anyway I don’t want to give you the wrong info about fongo so Someone else help him out
What is the screen size? Can you run a cpuz on it? It say need wait 30-45 business days. What courrier do they use to ship it? Thanks.

(For the other post fairchild just use ubox/evpad ??)
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d