Credit Cards

Rogers Credit Card: Charge back on online order placed 2 months ago

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2021 1:05 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2019
825 posts
956 upvotes

Rogers Credit Card: Charge back on online order placed 2 months ago

Online ordered items from People's jewelers on 28th Nov using Rogers Mastercard. Items were shipped on 14th Dec through UPS but never delivered. UPS website shows that items reached their warehouse on 15th Dec but no updates after that. Raised a ticket with People's jewelers and was told that their dept will take 3 weeks to investigate and UPS will take another 2 weeks to investigate. We are past their SLA. Today People's told me that resolution will take some more time and didn't give me any estimate.

Q. Is it too late to initiate a charge back with Rogers? Today is 73rd day since order was placed and 56th day since items are with UPS.

Q. What would be the process to initiate charge-back with Rogers? Call customer service? Online portal?

P.S Did some googling before posting and couldn't find relevant info ( except for the info that Rogers is the worst bank to initiate chargeback.)
7 replies
Member
Dec 3, 2009
454 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver
Read up on Mastercard chargeback rules to determine what the window is.
Likely you're still within the window though.

You'll have to call customer service to initiate the process.

And yes, Rogers Bank doesn't have the most customer friendly policy with regards to charge backs.
Newbie
Aug 5, 2015
27 posts
17 upvotes
New Westminster
mr2711 wrote: Online ordered items from People's jewelers on 28th Nov using Rogers Mastercard. Items were shipped on 14th Dec through UPS but never delivered. UPS website shows that items reached their warehouse on 15th Dec but no updates after that. Raised a ticket with People's jewelers and was told that their dept will take 3 weeks to investigate and UPS will take another 2 weeks to investigate. We are past their SLA. Today People's told me that resolution will take some more time and didn't give me any estimate.

Q. Is it too late to initiate a charge back with Rogers? Today is 73rd day since order was placed and 56th day since items are with UPS.

Q. What would be the process to initiate charge-back with Rogers? Call customer service? Online portal?

P.S Did some googling before posting and couldn't find relevant info ( except for the info that Rogers is the worst bank to initiate chargeback.)

I recently went through a dispute process with Rogers Mastercard.

I had bought what turned out to be bogus tickets off Craig's list and paid with Squareup.

Call up Rogers and they will give an email address to send in all the documents supporting your claim. They'll should give you a temporary statement credit while its going through the dispute process.

I ultimately won my dispute and got my money back. I was pleased with the outcome.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2019
825 posts
956 upvotes
MikeD648 wrote: I recently went through a dispute process with Rogers Mastercard.

I had bought what turned out to be bogus tickets off Craig's list and paid with Squareup.

Call up Rogers and they will give an email address to send in all the documents supporting your claim. They'll should give you a temporary statement credit while its going through the dispute process.

I ultimately won my dispute and got my money back. I was pleased with the outcome.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6547 posts
5727 upvotes
I've ever only had one chargeback so far with Rogers bank and it was only a for a few bucks so I'm sure that made a difference but it was a couple of months after I placed the order and they didn't ask for much from but just to wait to hear from them. This was many many months ago way before covid so I'm sure things have changed since then.

Over the years I've seen various reports here that Rogers bank dispute process wasn't an easy task but that pales in comparison to Home Trust Banks dispute process where they required me to fax them all the documents, I had to take photos and screenshots of the item in question and print it out in colour to fax it to them.
I ended up having to fax it a couple times till they actually got it, didn't hear anything about if I won the dispute or not until I checked my account and noticed the credit, a few days later I got the letter in the mail.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2019
825 posts
956 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: I've ever only had one chargeback so far with Rogers bank and it was only a for a few bucks so I'm sure that made a difference but it was a couple of months after I placed the order and they didn't ask for much from but just to wait to hear from them. This was many many months ago way before covid so I'm sure things have changed since then.

Over the years I've seen various reports here that Rogers bank dispute process wasn't an easy task but that pales in comparison to Home Trust Banks dispute process where they required me to fax them all the documents, I had to take photos and screenshots of the item in question and print it out in colour to fax it to them.
I ended up having to fax it a couple times till they actually got it, didn't hear anything about if I won the dispute or not until I checked my account and noticed the credit, a few days later I got the letter in the mail.
Thanks for sharing.
Jr. Member
Apr 14, 2009
146 posts
49 upvotes
Burlington
I went through a charge back process with Rogers Bank last year for an airline ticket. As mentioned above, they would give you an email address to send all documents.

They gave me a temporary credit after about a month. I have not heard from them in about 5 months though and the actual airline refund also came in. I told Rogers to claw back their money but they have not done so.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2019
825 posts
956 upvotes
ised wrote: I went through a charge back process with Rogers Bank last year for an airline ticket. As mentioned above, they would give you an email address to send all documents.

They gave me a temporary credit after about a month. I have not heard from them in about 5 months though and the actual airline refund also came in. I told Rogers to claw back their money but they have not done so.
Thanks. It was helpful.

Top