Rogers CSR wasted 6 hours of my time

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2019 11:23 am
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2126 posts
1557 upvotes

Rogers CSR wasted 6 hours of my time

I am moving out of my current residence and I scheduled to cancel my internet in late November. However in late October my internet was cancelled and it took over 3.5 hours to fix a problem the initial CSR made. I was told by the manager that Rogers cancelling early was an issue that is typical and happens often.

I have already spoken to the office of the president and all they could offer was to give me one month free. I have the worst CSR experience with them and I want them to fix this problem. Should I contact the CRTC?
5 replies
Dec 22, 2016
387 posts
354 upvotes
SW Ontario
When you set the cancel date, did Roger's not send you a record of the call and a email sheet with the request.

Did you read it and confirm the date was correct?

If the date listed was correct, yea I would be furious.
I def would have asked for more compensation IF this was 100% Roger's fault.

Should you call the CRTC? Only you can answer that, as this was your time and not mine.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2018
1325 posts
1148 upvotes
Нейтрально
Rogers = robbers!
Nov 1, 2015
148 posts
214 upvotes
London, ON
I understand this was annoying.

Either the representative just shut down the whole account for a default future date 30 days in the future from your initial call, or you have other non-internet services and so they simply downgraded the internet off the account for the wrong date like Oct 30 instead of Nov 30 when they clicked on their calendar, right? So human error in a downgrade or deactivation, then they had to manually free up your modem and have you repeat serial numbers and then reactivate it then credit for the billing and blah blah big waste of your time and not your problem. Totally annoying.

You were cancelling instead of transferring. You don't want to keep Rogers services at your new address. Rogers gave you the last month of your service free.

What do you now want Rogers to do? What do you mean by fix this problem? Do you mean eliminate the root cause of human error causing a single misclick in a mind-numbing day of verbal abuse and sales pressure? Or pay you money via a refund cheque after you are no longer a customer? Or something else?

Totally get that someone else screwed up and you paid the cost. Don't understand what resolution you're seeking given the end of your patronage. Genuinely curious.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1292 posts
1311 upvotes
Why contact the CRTC? Whats the point? Someone made a mistake, we are only human after all.

It was human error and should not have happened. I get your irritation but what else do you want to happen? Have you never screwed up at your job? I know I have. Move on. How much more time are you going to waste by posting a thread, reading and replying to responses and contacting the CRTC?

Seriously, there are more important things in life to worry about by carrying out a tiny little vendetta over a mistake made. They even acknowledged the mistake and offered you compensation. Move on, get over it. You are not alone or unique in having time wasted by rogers/bell
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
I view mistakes by Rogers differently than you. While frustrating, no doubt, it provides an opportunity to lower your effective monthly amount with every screw up. Most I ever had in 1 year was 3 issues (billing, etc), and it resulted in once, 1 free month, another $25 goodwill credit, and the other $50 goodwill credit. My monthly bill is roughly $100, so I saved roughly $175 over 12 months (or effectively lowered my monthly bill by about $15).

CCTS complaints are usually reserved for issues that cannot be resolved (e.g., they said a credit would persist for 3 years but it's dropped off after 1 and they will not add it back, etc).

Stern and firm yet polite, asking for compensation for your troubles, in direct relation to how onerous or severe the mistake is, should be the preferred approach. And in my experience, the most profitable.