Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16987 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto

Rogers Edges Out Bell and Telus for Best Network in Benchmarks

Don't shoot the messenger! Winking Face

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/ ... benchmark/

P3 Mobile Benchmark says Rogers is the “Best in test” operator in Canada, beating out Bell, Telus, Videotron and Freedom Mobile.

Rogers was named the overall winner with a Voice and Data score of 857 out of 1,000 points. Bell was close behind with 837 points and Telus with 826 points. Videotron scored 515 and Freedom Mobile at 416. Looking at the total scores, it’s a close race between the Big 3.

P3 says their mobile tests—covering 61% of the Canadian population—were conducted between May 6 and July 15, 2019, with their tests done via driving, walking and on rail. The walk tests were done in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1199 posts
214 upvotes
ORLEANS
Really? For me rogers was always the worst of the big 3
Aug 12, 2015
198 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is this report from back in the 3G days?
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14522 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
Freedom gets 416 because that’s the only place it works in.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16987 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto
We can argue about which of the big three is the best in their area, but it seems clear that Freedom still sucks overall (aside from the Toronto subway I guess).

A friend of mine (in Toronto) said he lasted only 3 months on Freedom last year before he went back to one of the big three.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5812 posts
1691 upvotes
GTA
I don't think it matters that much, its all done by a company that gets benefits from everything they do.

Bell or Rogers doesn't matter.

It's also unfair they are including telus and bell separate as both companies share the network and have wider service.

It's all the same, 19,20 difference between belus and rogers.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12120 posts
1807 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Yea, now if you look at company operations, customer service, loyalty, complaint handling, escalations, etc. - the overall experience?? Bye. bye Robbers.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16987 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto
porksoda wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 10:46 pm
I don't think it matters that much, its all done by a company that gets benefits from everything they do.

Bell or Rogers doesn't matter.

It's also unfair they are including telus and bell separate as both companies share the network and have wider service.

It's all the same, 19,20 difference between belus and rogers.
It also really depends on the usage areas as we all know.

For one of my friends, Bellus is clearly better than Rogers but for me (Fido) it hasn't been much of a difference overall (comparing my wife's Koodo phone a while back vs. Fido one). At our house, Bellus consistently gets more bars than Fido, but Fido is still strong enough so it doesn't matter. At my old workplace, Fido was fine, which was important because the WiFi sucked there. At my new place Fido is flaky for data, but then again I hear it's flaky for the other carriers too because we're in the middle of the big building. But for the new place, WiFi works well for data, and Fido voice always works well there, so I don't care much.

So, I'm happy on Fido, especially now that I got in on that 15 GB $60 deal yesterday.

Now I just need to get that free tablet with free data plan somehow. ;)