• Jan 21st, 2018 11:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4368 posts
647 upvotes
Toronto

Rogers email doesn't push to my iPhone

Hey guys. Not sure where else to ask. It seems like my @rogers.com email address no longer pushes emails to my iPhone. I have an 8+. When I delete account and re-add it, the emails come up, and then nothing again. Sometimes it will occasionally sync, but most times it doesn't. I have no idea what's going on. My hotmail/outlook email account has no problems however. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Board games!!!!
8 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13098 posts
4795 upvotes
Toronto, ON
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: Hey guys. Not sure where else to ask. It seems like my @rogers.com email address no longer pushes emails to my iPhone. I have an 8+. When I delete account and re-add it, the emails come up, and then nothing again. Sometimes it will occasionally sync, but most times it doesn't. I have no idea what's going on. My hotmail/outlook email account has no problems however. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
It looks like iOS no longer supports push email with Yahoo, which means Rogers won't support it either because they use Yahoo Mail. Interestingly, Gmail also no longer supports push email. I only see "Fetch and manual" in the settings. Push email is still supported by Outlook, Exchange, and of course iCloud.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6199 posts
3088 upvotes
Aurora
Perhaps try alternate inbound/outbound server port numbers on your phone? Or try setting the account as POP rather than IMAP, or vice versa?
Dec 11, 2013
289 posts
169 upvotes
Victoria
Yeah it's one of my iOS beefs. I have my gmail account active in the native email app so that I can get push notifications but I exclusively use the gmail app to read and write emails.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8395 posts
8838 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: Thanks for the insight guys.
Download the Yahoo Mail app if you want instant push notifications. It’s basically broken in IOS for Yahoo/Rogers now. But the Yahoo Mail app still is pretty good for inbox notifications.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10796 posts
2736 upvotes
Scarberia
are u using the stock ios email app? god i hate it...it lumps all my mail and i can't sort it into different addies? for example in my yahoo email app, i have my outlook.gmail. and yahoo accounts into one but its separated if i wanted to....u cant separate with stock ios mail app?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 27, 2003
10037 posts
2644 upvotes
Newmarket
Happening to my mom as well. At least it's not only affecting her. Hopefully they can fix it...
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13098 posts
4795 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mikka2017 wrote: are u using the stock ios email app? god i hate it...it lumps all my mail and i can't sort it into different addies? for example in my yahoo email app, i have my outlook.gmail. and yahoo accounts into one but its separated if i wanted to....u cant separate with stock ios mail app?
Are you sure? It is because you're looking in the "All Inboxes" mailbox? Under "Mailboxes", you should see "All Inboxes" but followed by the inbox of your individual email addresses. So if you go into those mailboxes, you should be able to see your emails separated by accounts.