Shopping Discussion

[Rogers] Extra 1GB/mo. data at no extra cost. (Targeted?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2015 5:09 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 27, 2013
134 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto

[Rogers] Extra 1GB/mo. data at no extra cost. (Targeted?)

Just received a text from Rogers
Not sure if it's targeted but I have been with Rogers for a very long time.

Rogers info: Fantastic News! We've added 1GB/mo. of extra data on your wireless ***-***-**** at no extra cost. Thank you for being our loyal customer. Enjoy this gift effective May 7,2015, valid only on your current plan until your next device upgrade for a maximum of 12 months. (non-transferrable)
64 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3937 posts
8511 upvotes
Yo that's bs I didn't get anything yet. I've been with Rogers for 3 years and Fido, before that, for 8.
Nov 22, 2012
671 posts
26 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I've been with rogers for more than 10 years and didn't get anything. I guess it's because I'm not on any contract.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2200 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
laughingoh wrote: Just received a text from Rogers
Not sure if it's targeted but I have been with Rogers for a very long time.

Rogers info: Fantastic News! We've added 1GB/mo. of extra data on your wireless ***-***-**** at no extra cost. Thank you for being our loyal customer. Enjoy this gift effective May 7,2015, valid only on your current plan until your next device upgrade for a maximum of 12 months. (non-transferrable)
Don't mind me asking - what's your average bill per month? Something tells me if they make so much money off of you that they finally admit to themselves they're ripping you off, maybe they're trying to give you a bit of an incentive not to go to competitor. Losing customer like that could be bad for their business...
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3891 posts
2812 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
May 4, 2011
469 posts
307 upvotes
I got something like this but I got unlimited calling Canada wide and unlimited LD

I have the super 6gb plan so this was premo offer for me.

I have 5 services btw

Cable tv, Internet, home phone, 2 cells I pay around 250 a month for all 5
Nov 10, 2009
51 posts
22 upvotes
I got it as well. I also have super 6GB plan and no other Rogers services under my name.
Sep 5, 2011
633 posts
146 upvotes
NL
Wow, I was almost impressed with rogers there, right up until that last part. Interested to see what the others will offer.
Dec 25, 2010
311 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
I got this text last month.

I have four services with Rogers and a wireless bill of about $65/month. My old three year wireless contract expired in February.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2162 posts
964 upvotes
Victoria
"Until your next upgrade..."

I wonder what their thought process is here. Is it maybe to keep people from spending the year before their upgrade from looking at the competition and making a "plan to switch" in hopes that when the upgrade comes, they'll be too distracted by the shiny new phone to notice the extra data being taken away again and the crap "Share Everything" plan being pushed?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2028 posts
545 upvotes
MTL
I got a similar message from Fido.

"Hi, it's Fido: Thanks for being with us! Here's an extra 1GB of data per month just for you at no extra cost for <xxx-xxx-xxxx>. It'll start on <end of billing cycle date?>, so enjoy it as long as you have your current plan or until you upgrade your phone, for up to 12 months. Reach us at <fido bitly link going to contacts page>."

So if it's the same sort of thing, if we want to compare activation conditions:
- 10+ year customer
- 65$/mo invoice
- Using the legacy 6GB plan.
- Contract just went up.
Naveedx wrote: Yo that's bs I didn't get anything yet. I've been with Rogers for 3 years and Fido, before that, for 8.
Uhhh, pretty sure that loyalty doesn't carry over. You'd be treated as a 3 year customer from what I heard (one of the reasons why I didn't change my account over, since corporate pricing doesn't really significantly beat my current plan).
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
4536 posts
1247 upvotes
Markham
Were you on a retention plan or a regular retail plan?
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1061 posts
141 upvotes
Brampton
sounds like 3 year contracts coming to an end. They want to prevent you from showing competition.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1340 posts
137 upvotes
I guess this is why they were strangely lenient on offering more data when I called the retentions earlier this afternoon...
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1454 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
With robber more than 5 years, didnt got anything, :confused: .
Simple is the best.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2028 posts
545 upvotes
MTL
Jonavin wrote: Were you on a retention plan or a regular retail plan?
Not sure for OP, but my plan is an old voice+data iPhone 6GB 3yr plan that had been renewed once (so I've had this 6GB plan for 6 years now... and now I have 7GB :D ).

I'm not in any particular hurry to upgrade my phone, seeing how I bought a Nexus 5 32GB from Google about a year and a half ago... (since Fido didn't get it until much later).
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19286 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge
Guessing corporate plans are SOL?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)