Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13630 posts
5173 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RMaini wrote: Hey everyone, i have two questions:

1) If we get a bundle discount, does it get applied to the W35 or W45 deal? For example, i have all their services (so i get 12%off) so would i get the W45 and the discount applied?

2) If we get the unlimited internet added on, and we have an existing bundle discount, would the discount apply to the original internet package only? Or would it apply to the package and the unlimited internet add-on?

Thanks!
No, and no.
Sep 6, 2005
933 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone tried getting this rogers deal when they were on teksavvy cable?

I tried calling, but they said they can't do it for me because I am on teksavvy cable.
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19486 posts
7615 upvotes
Toronto
Steel_wind wrote: Anybody who thinks 200GB limit is a good deal uses a helluva lot less internet in their home than we do. We left Rogers and Bell because of their GB limits.

With the acceleration of bandwidth requirements, that bandwidth is going to look positively FRUGAL for anybody with Skype, Netflix and Youtube watching kids.

Teksavvy Extreme Unlimited is the only way to roll...
True, but prices are not that cheap for unlimited, especially cable. I am going to stay frugal as long as I can. I know that over time, all plans will get adjusted with higher usage.
Jun 6, 2011
396 posts
27 upvotes
Markham
booboi wrote: Has anyone tried getting this rogers deal when they were on teksavvy cable?

I tried calling, but they said they can't do it for me because I am on teksavvy cable.
You can get it, they are incorrect, call 1-800-605-6678 he can probably get it for you.
Jul 31, 2007
350 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Hi all - I was reading the last few pages of this thread and it looks like the deal is available mostly to new customers. I called 18662104059 and the rep said that he couldn't find the deal. The most he could do is give me 25% off for 1 year, which I accepted. The final price still didn't match the W45/W35 deal. Would anyone share their tips on getting the deal for an existing customer? Thanks a lot!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19486 posts
7615 upvotes
Toronto
NerV wrote: Hi all - I was reading the last few pages of this thread and it looks like the deal is available mostly to new customers. I called 18662104059 and the rep said that he couldn't find the deal. The most he could do is give me 25% off for 1 year, which I accepted. The final price still didn't match the W45/W35 deal. Would anyone share their tips on getting the deal for an existing customer? Thanks a lot!
Keep calling. Eventually you will find a good agent that will give you the plan. I find that calling during the weekdays early is good. I bet each agent is probably given certain quota of deals and once they use it up for the day, that's it.
Mar 8, 2011
32 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa
I got a call from a rogers sales associate today and offered me both the W35/W45 with the first 6 months free. This deal is still going on.
May 22, 2013
464 posts
40 upvotes
I'd not purchase it. Internet price should drop over time, Never stay the same.
They're not offering a dedicated line.
If Roger's doesn't lock you in a contract, then the deal is good until you find something better.

In few years, I imagine upload speed will much higher. You'll want higher upload speed.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
2000 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zenik50 wrote: I thought the W35 deal expired....
W35 & W45 deal are still going...
Feb 7, 2006
172 posts
56 upvotes
GTA
I know W45 deal = 300gb / 30mb down / 3mb up, free modem.
What's W35 deal have? and what # to call? Thanks.
Apr 15, 2009
588 posts
203 upvotes
How did you get a call?
You with Rogers now?
dson50 wrote: I got a call from a rogers sales associate today and offered me both the W35/W45 with the first 6 months free. This deal is still going on.
Banned
Jul 7, 2011
111 posts
4 upvotes
AURORA
duckian wrote: I know W45 deal = 300gb / 30mb down / 3mb up, free modem.
What's W35 deal have? and what # to call? Thanks.
Is the W35 for new customers only? Maybe we'll have an easier time getting the W35 deal.

Anybody have been able to get the 1st 3 months free as part of the W45 deal?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2279 posts
480 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
bluehawk91 wrote: If Roger's doesn't lock you in a contract, then the deal is good until you find something better.
to me, that right there is the entire key to this deal and why I went with it. fair price for the speed and usage. no contract. which, regardless of this '8 year price guarantee' which in all 104 pages of this thread I don't think anyone has actually got in writing.. LOL the 'no contract' is the out when it changes... not if it changes.

you can find the rogers fine print in my post #186 on page 13 of this thread :)
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Jan 5, 2009
430 posts
37 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Wtf Teksavvy unlimited is $59 a month! People should get that instead of this rogers package. Just 14 dollars more.