Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1349 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
ckeays wrote: People we need to fight back. I recorded the original phone message so I have proof that they offered me the 8 year price freeze.

I am in the process of filing a complaint with the CRTC,

Marketplace on CBC,

and various newspapers.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
Totally agree... Where is the consumer protection in this Country? Tired of the games of this company.
Apr 16, 2008
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I think the CRTC will do nothing, but the media (what Rogers does not own) will love this story.

I will update my progress here.

I hope others will not just sit back and take it.
Apr 16, 2008
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Today I listened to the original phone conversation from April 2013.
Two different Rogers agents specifically told me that

"the price is guaranteed not to go up for 8 years".

After threatening legal action, today they offered me three options:

1. The same deal they originally offered me when I signed up.
$45/month for 200GB.

OR

2. A $3/month credit given annually, however I would have to call in and ask for the credit once a year.

OR

3. A one time credit of $325 (including tax) which is $3/month for 8 years.

I am a bit suspicious of taking a one time credit or even an annual credit when I KNOW after that
they can raise the rates to whatever they want to recover their loss..

I think we will go with the original offer. This way they cannot raise the rates or face legal action.

People don't let them push you around!!!! Rogers will settle with you as long as you don't back down!!
[OP]
Jan 20, 2012
84 posts
103 upvotes
Barrie
ckeays wrote: I think the CRTC will do nothing, but the media (what Rogers does not own) will love this story.

I will update my progress here.

I hope others will not just sit back and take it.

Just email Rogers CEO @ Guy.Laurence@rci.rogers.com and it will be fixed.
Nov 11, 2013
31 posts
7 upvotes
Talked to customer service and they told me my plan was not rate protected and hence could do nothing for me. I was told when i joined this plan that it was for 8 years. Going to try again later
Nov 28, 2013
12 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, ON
JasonI141 wrote: Talked to customer service and they told me my plan was not rate protected and hence could do nothing for me. I was told when i joined this plan that it was for 8 years. Going to try again later
Just take it to CRTC (i think thats what it is) I heard some people got a $650 credit and a price protection - another thread. Don't let Rogers screw you over.
Oct 1, 2012
312 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
ckeays wrote: Today I listened to the original phone conversation from April 2013.
Two different Rogers agents specifically told me that

"the price is guaranteed not to go up for 8 years".

After threatening legal action, today they offered me three options:

1. The same deal they originally offered me when I signed up.
$45/month for 200GB.

OR

2. A $3/month credit given annually, however I would have to call in and ask for the credit once a year.

OR

3. A one time credit of $325 (including tax) which is $3/month for 8 years.

I am a bit suspicious of taking a one time credit or even an annual credit when I KNOW after that
they can raise the rates to whatever they want to recover their loss..

I think we will go with the original offer. This way they cannot raise the rates or face legal action.

People don't let them push you around!!!! Rogers will settle with you as long as you don't back down!!
After spending more than an hour with Retentions, the best I could get was $3 off for the next 12 months. They kept saying that its a minimal increase and Rogers has analyzed prices offered by competitors etc and much more BS. I think they really need to get their act together, they cant just give a sweet promise, gets lots of customers and then simply increase the price.

I will call again in 12 months to see what can be done.
Oct 1, 2012
312 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Any one knows how to get media involved here? Public shaming is what needs to be done here coz this is pure deception. They attracted customers with a sweet deal, promised the price will not be increased and then increased the prices. Any one knows if its worth complaining to CRTC given that I dont have the price guarantee in writing?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13626 posts
5166 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No need to get media involved (not yet anyway). Just do these steps:

1. Contact Rogers customer relations, if they don't offer you anything worthwhile, go to step 2.
2. Contact Roger's Office of the President. If they don't offer you anything worthwhile, go to step 3.
3. Contact CCTS and let them deal with it. Most likely you'll get a favourable offer once you get CCTS involved.
Dec 19, 2011
529 posts
152 upvotes
After years of terrible service I have to give rogers the boot.

Any idea if I put a stop payment against Rogers if it will affect my credit?
Apr 16, 2008
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
sanket007 wrote: Any one knows how to get media involved here? Public shaming is what needs to be done here coz this is pure deception. They attracted customers with a sweet deal, promised the price will not be increased and then increased the prices. Any one knows if its worth complaining to CRTC given that I dont have the price guarantee in writing?
don't settle, that is what they want!! They tried to do that to me.
They even tried to give me a huge amount of credit up front (see my earlier post)
You are going to have to go through an incredible amount of red tape every year just to get the credits. Good Luck on that!

They have to give you what they promised or its breach of contract. They are just expecting that the average guy won't put up a fight, and if they do they have big time lawyers who will waste your money dragging it on forever.

I spoke to Sasha Edwards.

Sasha Edwards
Rogers Management Office
Rogers Communications Partnership
Tel (416)764-1946 Toll free 1-855-411-6730

call her, in the end she was very helpful and gave me exactly what was promised to me. (of course after I threatened legal action)
(the original deal was Rogers Extreme 35Mbps down, 3Mbps Up and 200 GB a month for $45 guaranteed for 8 years and I can cancel at any time.)
So now I have 8 more years on top of the year I just used.

I hope you can get satisfaction, I finally did.

Best of Luck to You!
Oct 1, 2012
312 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
ckeays wrote: don't settle, that is what they want!! They tried to do that to me.
They even tried to give me a huge amount of credit up front (see my earlier post)
You are going to have to go through an incredible amount of red tape every year just to get the credits. Good Luck on that!

They have to give you what they promised or its breach of contract. They are just expecting that the average guy won't put up a fight, and if they do they have big time lawyers who will waste your money dragging it on forever.

I spoke to Sasha Edwards.

Sasha Edwards
Rogers Management Office
Rogers Communications Partnership
Tel (416)764-1946 Toll free 1-855-411-6730

call her, in the end she was very helpful and gave me exactly what was promised to me. (of course after I threatened legal action)
(the original deal was Rogers Extreme 35Mbps down, 3Mbps Up and 200 GB a month for $45 guaranteed for 8 years and I can cancel at any time.)
So now I have 8 more years on top of the year I just used.

I hope you can get satisfaction, I finally did.

Best of Luck to You!
Thanks. I will call Sasha tomorrow. Though the deal I got was $45 - 300 GB, 30 mbps down and 3 mbps up. I remember the rep had told me that the price will remain unchanged for 8 years.

Filed a complaint with CRTC as well; lets see how that goes.
Jun 26, 2006
189 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
I filed a complaint with the CCTS on Friday. Received a call this evening from Rogers and was offered what others were offered who filed similar complaint. Either the 8 years for $45 but with 200GB instead of 300GB or a cash settlement one time credit to my Rogers account of $650.88. I accepted the latter. You first have to have tried to reach an agreement with Rogers before you file the complaint. Even if you do reach an agreement with them (which was my case) if it is not one of the 2 options file the complaint and they will likely offer it to you. No fighting or hassling on the phone. You agree that there was never a promise of 8 year commitment to the price (in their letter to the CCTS) which isn't true lol but $650 makes up for some of their bad behaviour. This in in addition to in my case a previous settlement of a lesser amount which didn't factor into their offer.
Nov 25, 2012
27 posts
4 upvotes
london ontario
I phoned Rogers today, I was very nice with support person, told her I was promised package for 8 years with no increase, she put me on hold and came back and said all she could offer was 2.00 credit on my bill for paper billing.I said what does paper billing have to do with this promo, she said that was all she was able to offer. I told her ok then I will file with CCTS, which I did online today.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1491 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
BaadDawg wrote: I filed a complaint with the CCTS on Friday. Received a call this evening from Rogers and was offered what others were offered who filed similar complaint. Either the 8 years for $45 but with 200GB instead of 300GB or a cash settlement one time credit to my Rogers account of $650.88. I accepted the latter. You first have to have tried to reach an agreement with Rogers before you file the complaint. Even if you do reach an agreement with them (which was my case) if it is not one of the 2 options file the complaint and they will likely offer it to you. No fighting or hassling on the phone. You agree that there was never a promise of 8 year commitment to the price (in their letter to the CCTS) which isn't true lol but $650 makes up for some of their bad behaviour. This in in addition to in my case a previous settlement of a lesser amount which didn't factor into their offer.
so does that mean you have free internet for at least 1 year?