Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Newbie
Mar 30, 2011
1 posts
Toronto
Make sure your deals don't come with any contract obligations as they will eliminate you from future promotions and threaten you with penalties if you try and even switch plans, never mind move to a competitor. I can't wait for my tv discount to end so I can get rid if Rogers forever.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 7, 2008
5775 posts
713 upvotes
Ottawa
renewed last month and got Express with 300gigs for like 60$ a month which is kind of a ripoff.

CAlled in today to ask about this and was able to get it with little hassle. CSR was awesome. This was through retentions as I tried with a regular CSR while rmeoving something from my cable account and she told me it was for new customers only.

She even told me to not bother with retentions as they likely would not be able to apply it either. I decided to go ahead and it payed off!
Newbie
Apr 23, 2006
93 posts
19 upvotes
North York
okko08 wrote: Would the better choice bundle discount still apply to the service if applicable?
This would count towards BCB and help your other services get a larger discount, but will not receive the BCB discount itself as it is under promotion and discounted for 8 years.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2708 posts
1276 upvotes
Mississauga
trini1980 wrote: made 1 call, dialed *611, went through menu options to cancel services(only have internet)

-rep answered and I advised that I wanted to cancel my internet, switching to teksavvy.
-She asked why and (I lied)I told her I asked a previous agent for the $45/8yrs/extreme deal, but was told "NO".
-Rep looked at my account and said she can switch me to that deal, and she did not understand why I was told no before.
-She said my monthly will be $50.85...... total call took less than 10mins.
man either my negotiation skills have deteriorated or i'm getting hard assed retention agents; took me 25mins of back and forth, her seeking mgr approvals, etc; but in the end, got the $45 extreme pkg (have vip cable, 2 free boxes, 30% of cable, 2 cell phones with corp accts attached)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2013
2426 posts
972 upvotes
Burnaby
is Shaw not available in your areas? for like $60 i get 400gb a month @ 50 Mbps

EDIT: looks like the $ went up
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
mau_mau wrote: man either my negotiation skills have deteriorated or i'm getting hard assed retention agents; took me 25mins of back and forth, her seeking mgr approvals, etc; but in the end, got the $45 extreme pkg (have vip cable, 2 free boxes, 30% of cable, 2 cell phones with corp accts attached)
did you get the $10 addon for unlimited usage?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1899 posts
343 upvotes
Winterpeg
mikka1989 wrote: does anyone have the rogers cisco DPC3825 modem? how do i maximize the signal strength i the settings? thanks
the only thing you can do with that modem is by changing the standard channel from auto to 11....
Member
Jun 6, 2011
396 posts
27 upvotes
Markham
This is the last day for the offer, will not be made available as of Tuesday. If you still want it as a new customer there is a contact on the Rogers Retention page 1 for info.
Jr. Member
Dec 12, 2003
101 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
For new customers, is there any way to waive the activation and installation fees? They total approx $65.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
1673 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga
Rep that called back for confirmation, told me it was 45.99/mo. Is that correct?
Jr. Member
Mar 9, 2010
178 posts
35 upvotes
I just called in. Spoke to a regular CSR who told me this plan was only for new customers. As I'm not on a contract I inquired about cancelling to add this plan and was directed to retenstions. The CSR there put me on hold for 15 minutes and came back on the line to confirm the $45/200gb/8 year guarantee plan was added to my account. Easy as pie.
SharkiePhotography on blogspot:
www.sharkiephotography.blogspot.com

flickr 500PX
Newbie
Sep 27, 2010
94 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Is this deal still alive?
shark-bait wrote: I just called in. Spoke to a regular CSR who told me this plan was only for new customers. As I'm not on a contract I inquired about cancelling to add this plan and was directed to retenstions. The CSR there put me on hold for 15 minutes and came back on the line to confirm the $45/200gb/8 year guarantee plan was added to my account. Easy as pie.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 2, 2010
5895 posts
2730 upvotes
Markham
Playdo wrote: Is this deal still alive?
shark-bait wrote: I just called in. Spoke to a regular CSR who told me this plan was only for new customers. As I'm not on a contract I inquired about cancelling to add this plan and was directed to retenstions. The CSR there put me on hold for 15 minutes and came back on the line to confirm the $45/200gb/8 year guarantee plan was added to my account. Easy as pie.
:cheesygri

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)