Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2006
1784 posts
164 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: Ok, there's definitely confusion over at Rogers between the various departments on this promo. Late last night, I tried calling in to get W45 promo added to my account. 2 CSRs tried but said their system gave them an error code when they tried. They said to call back in the morning and try customer relations as they will be able to help me. I called this morning and got transferred to customer relations and they said that promo has expired and can't be added. She said try a retail store as they might still be authorized to add that promo. The retail stores don't open until 10am, so I tried calling in again through the regular sales phone number. Spoke to a gentleman who was able to add W45 and the $15 Home Phone promo to my account. I was half expecting him to come back and tell me he can't add it or that it's expired, but he said both services have been added and the installation date is set for next Wednesday. I asked him if I can get the $50 bill credit added to offset the installation charge, and he was able to do that as well. Very nice guy. Hopefully, both services is added and there's no issue with W45 being expired. If it has been extended to March 1st just this morning, then it could explain why I couldn't add it last night. But it seems it's definitely expired through customer relations as they are not able to add it anymore.
The promo can be offered by specific departments only.
Opinions posted are that of my own and do not reflect that of any organization.

GTA AYCE Sushi Guide

What is a marriage if not an opportunity to mock someone through thick and thin while simultaneously exploring your deepest, darkest sexual desires - Californication.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12972 posts
4674 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ricenice wrote: The promo can be offered by specific departments only.
But I spoke to the same department last night and this morning and was only able to add it this morning. It is possible last night I was talking to a west coast call centre (since I was calling them at 1am) and they are not able to add it because it's an Ontario-only promo? Who knows. Important thing is that I got it added when I thought I was SOL and missed the boat on this one.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1573 posts
92 upvotes
Collingwood
I had no trouble getting the $45 promo but they swear up and down the best deal for cable is 20% off and free HD PVR with one year contract.

I have never had less then 30% off, best I ever had was 40% off and three HD PVRS.... Been a customer for 10 years but thinking about leaving.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10682 posts
2905 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
voided wrote: I had no trouble getting the $45 promo but they swear up and down the best deal for cable is 20% off and free HD PVR with one year contract.

I have never had less then 30% off, best I ever had was 40% off and three HD PVRS.... Been a customer for 10 years but thinking about leaving.
I am running into the same roadblocks for my parents. Hopefully they relax this soon, because my own contract is coming up in a couple months.

You're not saying you got them to offer 20% on top on the $45 promo are you?
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Feb 20, 2013
9 posts
ceredon wrote: I am running into the same roadblocks for my parents. Hopefully they relax this soon, because my own contract is coming up in a couple months.

You're not saying you got them to offer 20% on top on the $45 promo are you?
I just called and I am a rogers customer with no contract. They said the 45 offer is not available. They transfered me to retentions i asked again and they said it isn't available. The lady said it expired and even if it was available it is to new customers. She offered me 20% off for a year with no contract. Better than nothing so I took it since there is no contract.
Feb 20, 2013
9 posts
Has anyone tried start.ca? I am thinking of trying them. They have no contracts. My dilemma is I cant sign a contract because I might have to move out of country in like 5 months. They are also cheaper than rogers even after rogers promotions. (For most of the promotions they offer)

Advanced Cable Internet 35 Mbps 3 Mbps 250 GB $49.95
Pro Cable Internet 45 Mbps 4 Mbps 350 GB $59.95

Rogers only offered me 20% off and the express comes out more than these guys advanced and there is no haggling.
Jan 23, 2007
116 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Are you able to add the unlimited to this at all? I was told no by a rep..
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12972 posts
4674 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kemestry wrote: Are you able to add the unlimited to this at all? I was told no by a rep..
No, you can't add the unlimited add-on to either the $35 or $45 8-year promotion. Was told by a few CSRs when I called last night.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2010
5895 posts
2730 upvotes
Markham
rvs007 wrote: No, you can't add the unlimited add-on to either the $35 or $45 8-year promotion. Was told by a few CSRs when I called last night.
Good luck ;)
Aug 15, 2005
345 posts
29 upvotes
For folks that want to get in on this, just call Rogers and ask for it.
I did 2 mins ago and the first level Customer Service told me right away that it was available (didn't have to put on hold and check, etc.).

Booked an installation date already but couldn't get them to waive the $50 installation charge.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2010
5895 posts
2730 upvotes
Markham
tenchi wrote: For folks that want to get in on this, just call Rogers and ask for it.
I did 2 mins ago and the first level Customer Service told me right away that it was available (didn't have to put on hold and check, etc.).

Booked an installation date already but couldn't get them to waive the $50 installation charge.
$45.00 Rogers Extreme Internet (35 Mpbs/3 Mpbs)
Free extreme modem
200 GB a month
$14.95 activation charge
$49.95 installation fee ( pick up your own modem no installation fee) ;)
Jun 9, 2012
161 posts
19 upvotes
tenchi wrote: For folks that want to get in on this, just call Rogers and ask for it.

Which option did you select on the phone prompts? Change a service?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12972 posts
4674 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jjj112 wrote: Good luck ;)
:-) Thanks for the PM. I will try once I get my services installed next week.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12972 posts
4674 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tenchi wrote: Booked an installation date already but couldn't get them to waive the $50 installation charge.
They can't waive the installation but they can give you a credit of $50 to offset the installation charge that will appear on your invoice. My agent was able to add that for me.
Mar 16, 2008
182 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
Parents are with rogers with a contract expiring in May 2013. I called couple of days ago to get them on this plan, but they wouldn't let me. I offered to cancel and sign up as a new customer, but they said I'd have to wait 3 months before signing up again. Same story from 2 reps.

Is there something specific I should be asking for? I don't want to keep wasting my time on hold with them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)