Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Apr 13, 2009
6 posts
rvs007 wrote: It is price guaranteed for 8 years. Any price increases during that time is supposed to be credited back to you (or so they say). No strings attached but they might try to tack on an activation fee (which you can ask to be credited back to you when you speak to retention). You can tell them you saw a flyer in the mail about this plan and want to switch to it. The plan code is W45. The full details are: Extreme internet (35Mbps down/3Mbps up), 200GB bandwidth per month, free modem rental, price guaranteed for 8 years, $45/mo.+tax.

It's a hit or miss when you call retention. So if they refuse to give it to you, just call back again, until you get a good agent. Are you currently on contract with Rogers or are you month-to-month. You'll probably have more leverage if you are off-contract. You can even hint to them that you want to switch to Teksavvy for the $47 plan, but you found out about the W45 plan which would be good enough for you to remain with Rogers.
I am currently month-to-month with them for internet. I am not on contract. How would I go about getting connected to retention? Thanks for your help, I'll give this a shot.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15718 posts
7437 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wrxdragon wrote: I am currently month-to-month with them for internet. I am not on contract. How would I go about getting connected to retention? Thanks for your help, I'll give this a shot.
Call up Rogers and choose "cancel internet service". You should be directed to an agent. Tell them you wish to speak to customer retention about cancelling your internet. They will either confirm they are retention, or they will transfer you. Once you have them, tell them about switching to Teksavvy, but also tell them you found out about the W45 plan which is comparable. Tell them before you consider switching to Teksavvy, whether Rogers can switch you to W45 so that you remain with Rogers. Let them do the rest. Again, if they don't offer you W45, then call back and try again. You can even commit to the cancellation since you have 30 days to reverse it. And in the meantime after you cancel, Rogers will call you back to offer you deals to stay. At that time, try to get them to offer you the W45 plan.
Apr 13, 2009
6 posts
rvs007 wrote: Call up Rogers and choose "cancel internet service". You should be directed to an agent. Tell them you wish to speak to customer retention about cancelling your internet. They will either confirm they are retention, or they will transfer you. Once you have them, tell them about switching to Teksavvy, but also tell them you found out about the W45 plan which is comparable. Tell them before you consider switching to Teksavvy, whether Rogers can switch you to W45 so that you remain with Rogers. Let them do the rest. Again, if they don't offer you W45, then call back and try again. You can even commit to the cancellation since you have 30 days to reverse it. And in the meantime after you cancel, Rogers will call you back to offer you deals to stay. At that time, try to get them to offer you the W45 plan.
Thanks for letting me know. I will definitely do this.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
6024 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
Galad wrote: Yep, I received one in the mail yesterday.
I got one in the mail but it stated 300 GB, 25/2; is anyone else getting the same or is it the 35/3?
Jul 19, 2005
979 posts
593 upvotes
Mississauga
rvs007 wrote: Call up Rogers and choose "cancel internet service". You should be directed to an agent. Tell them you wish to speak to customer retention about cancelling your internet. They will either confirm they are retention, or they will transfer you. Once you have them, tell them about switching to Teksavvy, but also tell them you found out about the W45 plan which is comparable. Tell them before you consider switching to Teksavvy, whether Rogers can switch you to W45 so that you remain with Rogers. Let them do the rest. Again, if they don't offer you W45, then call back and try again. You can even commit to the cancellation since you have 30 days to reverse it. And in the meantime after you cancel, Rogers will call you back to offer you deals to stay. At that time, try to get them to offer you the W45 plan.
Have been their customer for a LONG time (home phone + Extreme Plus + TV). Called last night to renew the contract. The best they can do for me is a $45 increase lol

CSR said, the benefit of staying with Rogers, even paying $45 more, is that I can get back on a deal when they have a promo (what kind of reasoning is that...)

He also said the other guys require a contract (as far as I know Teksavvy doesn't require a contract).

Cancelled right away. If I don't get a better offer from them within the 30-day, will switch to Teksavvy and freephoneline, and use HD antenna.
May 13, 2012
731 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
Xeerochild wrote: I got one in the mail but it stated 300 GB, 25/2; is anyone else getting the same or is it the 35/3?
whats the number to call for that? :D
could you give a scan/photo of that mailer?
I'm moving so I might as well set up a new acct than hustling in existing account
Aug 14, 2009
181 posts
65 upvotes
I was unable to get this plan
They didn't care that I said I was going to switch to teksavvy
I have Internet and phone with Rogers

Anybody else have any luck?
Aug 14, 2009
181 posts
65 upvotes
itoothache wrote: whats the number to call for that? :D
could you give a scan/photo of that mailer?
I'm moving so I might as well set up a new acct than hustling in existing account
Only applies to new customers
Apr 12, 2010
60 posts
16 upvotes
Brampton
cybernation wrote: Only applies to new customers
It applies to both new and old customers. You just have to be serious about cancelling, read through this thread and you will see many existing customers with discounts on their internet were able to switch to the W35/45. Just wait a bit and try again in a week, and there's a lot of helpful advice in the previous pages. I was on a new line and got my installation fee waived, not the activation. Some were able to have both fees waived.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7286 posts
1329 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
andr3w282 wrote: I got my invoice while still on phone with him and all was reset back to normal (major thanks to him being competent). Month is now over and my bill has no overusage (went over by 60gb... ).

One hour on the phone confirmed I couldn't add unlim but at least my overusage was reset =)
Just keep an eye on your invoices.
While I was with Rogers I went over the limit in the month of December, the over usage showed up on the invoice I've received at the end of February.
I also thought I got away with it , and thought Rogers must be nice to me because I am a customer for 10+ years, but I was dead wrong.
Since then I've switched to Teksavvy and don't have to worry about that anymore.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
strgod wrote: It applies to both new and old customers. You just have to be serious about cancelling, read through this thread and you will see many existing customers with discounts on their internet were able to switch to the W35/45. Just wait a bit and try again in a week, and there's a lot of helpful advice in the previous pages. I was on a new line and got my installation fee waived, not the activation. Some were able to have both fees waived.
But could you still get on it if you are on a 30%-off deal? (non-contract)
Mar 4, 2009
632 posts
265 upvotes
Ottawa
Can also confirm they can't add the $10 unlimited to the W45 plan.

In talking to Rogers about this, the Rogers dude screwed up my account last month and took me off W45 and put me on an unlimited plan without my authorization. I called back and had them fix it, but got unlimited bandwidth for the month so I wracked up 900 GB :)
Apr 12, 2010
60 posts
16 upvotes
Brampton
Fantaz wrote: But could you still get on it if you are on a 30%-off deal? (non-contract)
I'm assuming you can if you're off contract. Just call them and tell them you want to cancel and if they ask why, tell them you want the W45. They should be able to give it to you, if not just hang up and try calling back later on. Others have got the deal when they were on promotional internet plans, and since you're not on contract, you've got even more leverage than some of the others on here who were able to get it.
Jun 5, 2012
368 posts
136 upvotes
Ottawa
Why you guys wasting your time by calling Bell and Rogers. I switched to Teksavvy and no more hassle and bill adjustment.
To my surprise FTL phone is clear than the Bell. It might be due to high speed internet and newer voice codec in the ATA. Now I am paying 53 instead of 128 I used to pay to Bell.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
cdwalkman wrote: Can also confirm they can't add the $10 unlimited to the W45 plan.

In talking to Rogers about this, the Rogers dude screwed up my account last month and took me off W45 and put me on an unlimited plan without my authorization. I called back and had them fix it, but got unlimited bandwidth for the month so I wracked up 900 GB :)
If you push through with an actual cancelation you might be able to do better than $45+$10.

I was hoping to get the W35 plan + $10 unlimited, but they wouldn't budge. So I canceled. Now I have back my 50% on express + $10 unlimited. So I pay $36 for unlimited express where I had been trying to pay them $45. In your case, if you get 50% off Extreme + $10, then you are at $45 for unlimited Extreme instead of the $55 that you would pay with w45 + $10.
Dec 27, 2011
318 posts
30 upvotes
Stouffville
I just called and spoke with Miss.B . i mentioned I heard about W45 from a frd and I wanted to switch to it. She answered me NO. Then i told her to cancel it. She told me to hold one. I thought she pretended to put me on hold and came back with the deal. But she came back and told me which day my internet will be cancelled.
I guess today is not a lucky day for me. So i guess i will try again next monday.

And btw. I want to ask. does anyone know when is the 45$ w45 promotion will be ended ? Cause i am thinking to cancel it for real and use another name to get this plan ..

PS. This is the fastest retention call i had made in my Bargain life. last less than 2 mins.. good job Miss.B , You made my day..
Nov 25, 2012
28 posts
11 upvotes
london ontario
I was told the other day by 2 people at Rogers that this promo is in place until end of June,
nofai wrote: I just called and spoke with Miss.B . i mentioned I heard about W45 from a frd and I wanted to switch to it. She answered me NO. Then i told her to cancel it. She told me to hold one. I thought she pretended to put me on hold and came back with the deal. But she came back and told me which day my internet will be cancelled.
I guess today is not a lucky day for me. So i guess i will try again next monday.

And btw. I want to ask. does anyone know when is the 45$ w45 promotion will be ended ? Cause i am thinking to cancel it for real and use another name to get this plan ..
Nov 25, 2012
28 posts
11 upvotes
london ontario
I was told the other day by 2 people at Rogers that this promo is in place until end of June,
nofai wrote: I just called and spoke with Miss.B . i mentioned I heard about W45 from a frd and I wanted to switch to it. She answered me NO. Then i told her to cancel it. She told me to hold one. I thought she pretended to put me on hold and came back with the deal. But she came back and told me which day my internet will be cancelled.

Sep 28, 2008
914 posts
1109 upvotes
How is this a deal?

Internet costs should go down in the future, not cost more.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
strgod wrote: I'm assuming you can if you're off contract. Just call them and tell them you want to cancel and if they ask why, tell them you want the W45. They should be able to give it to you, if not just hang up and try calling back later on. Others have got the deal when they were on promotional internet plans, and since you're not on contract, you've got even more leverage than some of the others on here who were able to get it.
Well I tried calling and they said I couldn't switch to any other promotion since I'm already on the 30%-off promotion (even though it's non-contract) which still costs a lot because I have to pay modem rental, and it's the extreme one. Should I try calling again?
logi04 wrote: Why you guys wasting your time by calling Bell and Rogers. I switched to Teksavvy and no more hassle and bill adjustment.
To my surprise FTL phone is clear than the Bell. It might be due to high speed internet and newer voice codec in the ATA. Now I am paying 53 instead of 128 I used to pay to Bell.
Sometimes you're forced to use Rogers, like when you use their e-mail's (yourname@rogers.com) and stuff.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)