Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Sep 28, 2008
416 posts
112 upvotes
How is this a deal?

Internet costs should go down in the future, not cost more.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
strgod wrote: I'm assuming you can if you're off contract. Just call them and tell them you want to cancel and if they ask why, tell them you want the W45. They should be able to give it to you, if not just hang up and try calling back later on. Others have got the deal when they were on promotional internet plans, and since you're not on contract, you've got even more leverage than some of the others on here who were able to get it.
Well I tried calling and they said I couldn't switch to any other promotion since I'm already on the 30%-off promotion (even though it's non-contract) which still costs a lot because I have to pay modem rental, and it's the extreme one. Should I try calling again?
logi04 wrote: Why you guys wasting your time by calling Bell and Rogers. I switched to Teksavvy and no more hassle and bill adjustment.
To my surprise FTL phone is clear than the Bell. It might be due to high speed internet and newer voice codec in the ATA. Now I am paying 53 instead of 128 I used to pay to Bell.
Sometimes you're forced to use Rogers, like when you use their e-mail's (yourname@rogers.com) and stuff.
Jul 24, 2012
90 posts
10 upvotes
TORONTO
I got a call today from a Rogers sales rep trying to get us to continue using Rogers Internet since our term ends in less than a month. There would be no contract or rental fees. We were offered the Extreme Plus package which includes 45mb DL speed, and 150GB of bandwidth, for the price of $42.36 after taxes. This was a pretty good deal so we said sure we'll take it. We were transferred to another department to apply the changes but my mom(who was the account holder) did not speak English so we asked to be transferred to someone who spoke Cantonese.
Instead, we were transferred to the 'department' where I could press 1 to do this and press 2 to do that which was basically what you get when you call into their customer support. Afterwards, we followed the instructions and got transferred to the cancellation department and told them what happened and what we were talking to him for. He said it was impossible that we get what we were offered because it was only for new customers. What the heck, we were offered this and the (original) guy even said he had to ask his manager if he could offer that package. Apparently there wasn't even a note on our account about what was offered. Not only that, but the person that told us that we couldn't get this offer knew about this offer anyways. We just got lied to by somebody. This is so frustrating...
Apr 7, 2011
775 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Medellin wrote: How is this a deal?

Partially true, if you consider the same product.

But in general, inflation makes things more expensive. (E.g. $10 today is worth more than $10 in 5 years)

Also, faster speeds and more bandwidth makes things more expensive. In this case you are getting more for what you are paying for. They simply remove the lower tiers.
For example: 5 years ago, Rogers Express had the speeds that we currently get with Rogers Lite. So presumably, in 5 years if we get to pay the same price, our speeds will be faster yet. (though your bandwidth limit will likely stay the same)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8305 posts
1872 upvotes
Ontario
Medellin wrote: How is this a deal?

Uhhhhh, what company are you referring to exactly? :)
The Big Telcos regularly, and annually, RAISE prices on their products.

Assuming the price is held constant for the 8 years, and rates increase, this is a deal (so is the W35).
And if prices go down, there's nothing stopping you from taking advantage. Since this is a promo, NOT contract. Price is assured for 8 years, but the customer is not locked in at all.
Nov 9, 2006
792 posts
557 upvotes
bootleg wrote: Hang on I just checked my first bill too. It has no mention of the $50 installation (which the rep said it would), but does have a $15 activation. Is this the same for you?
Just got my first bill and no installation charge but a $15 activation charge. Gave them a call and took 2 minutes for the rep to waive the $15 as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
1051 posts
139 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Was just wondering if anyone is getting this still? I called in to retentions to inquire about it and was told that W45 no longer exists in their system? They could only offer me the W35, $35 express plan @ 80gb.

If anyone who got this in the last few days could update, that would be grealy appreciated!
Jan 8, 2008
6 posts
2heaven wrote: Was just wondering if anyone is getting this still? I called in to retentions to inquire about it and was told that W45 no longer exists in their system? They could only offer me the W35, $35 express plan @ 80gb.

If anyone who got this in the last few days could update, that would be grealy appreciated!
I got the W45 with 35/3 and 200GB on Wednesday (April 24th).
Jun 6, 2011
396 posts
27 upvotes
Markham
Only a couple of channels in Rogers still offer it, calling the main # wont work, you almost half to luck out to get it, guessing it will come back in late May, keep you posted.
Dec 27, 2011
318 posts
30 upvotes
Stouffville
@wineluvr , if the main# will not work , can you tell me what number has better chance ? thanks
Nov 11, 2012
177 posts
136 upvotes
Called in today and couldn't get it. All I was offered was 25% off so I put in my 30 days notice.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
VantesV wrote: I got a call today from a Rogers sales rep trying to get us to continue using Rogers Internet since our term ends in less than a month. There would be no contract or rental fees. We were offered the Extreme Plus package which includes 45mb DL speed, and 150GB of bandwidth, for the price of $42.36 after taxes. This was a pretty good deal so we said sure we'll take it. We were transferred to another department to apply the changes but my mom(who was the account holder) did not speak English so we asked to be transferred to someone who spoke Cantonese.
Instead, we were transferred to the 'department' where I could press 1 to do this and press 2 to do that which was basically what you get when you call into their customer support. Afterwards, we followed the instructions and got transferred to the cancellation department and told them what happened and what we were talking to him for. He said it was impossible that we get what we were offered because it was only for new customers. What the heck, we were offered this and the (original) guy even said he had to ask his manager if he could offer that package. Apparently there wasn't even a note on our account about what was offered. Not only that, but the person that told us that we couldn't get this offer knew about this offer anyways. We just got lied to by somebody. This is so frustrating...
Yepp, welcome to Rogers... sorry to hear about your experience.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1592 posts
378 upvotes
GTA
Fantaz wrote: Yepp, welcome to Rogers... sorry to hear about your experience.
Sounds like every other customer support call.
Dec 23, 2004
12 posts
Anyone have over usage problem?
The first month I was at 226 GB but I didn't do anything other than surf and play video games. I've never gone over the last 2 years with teksavvy. I hope it's on their end because its gonna be a hassle to argue with them.
Nov 12, 2011
27 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I tried getting this deal claiming that I got a flyer - no go.

Proceeded to retentions who offered me nothing great - I cancelled.

Callback the next day (today) offering me the ultimate package at $58.17 all in for a year - good enough, I guess.
Apr 29, 2013
20 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton
i called today in morning asked for W45, they said there is nothing like that plan, so i give them 30 days notice for cancelation and then by evening i was sitting with my friend and i told him about W45 plan, he called in and he got the deal, i got frustrated and i called them back again they said this is not for existing customers, i hang up after 6 calls i got a nice rep, he finally added w45 plan to my account. so its still available
Dec 27, 2011
318 posts
30 upvotes
Stouffville
after failed last week. I called again today. Was told the w45 is no longer exist . they gave me some discount. which is so BS . So i hang up . I will continuous work with them in a few days.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1116 posts
206 upvotes
I think this deal is dead, whoever got this recently, its only for 6 months
Same with w35 with garbage 80gb bandwidth
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41848 posts
6588 upvotes
No other alternatives? Teksavvy, VMedia, Distributel or Start?
Proud to be an Indian.
141 posts
22 upvotes
kitchener, on
Gorillaa wrote: I think this deal is dead, whoever got this recently, its only for 6 months
Same with w35 with garbage 80gb bandwidth
I ordered yesterday for May end installation. Try again. Unless they ended promotion on April 30th.