Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13556 posts
5111 upvotes
Toronto, ON
actng wrote: i talked to retentions and they said no again cuz it's only for new clients.

i asked what is new customer, they said disconnect for 90 days. i said so it's in my interest to keep cancelling and switching between companies? cuz that's what you're asking me to do...

then i asked what if i signed up under a new name, do you need photocopies of IDs? they go no... so that is another way is to cancel and sign up under a new name.

so then before i hung up i asked them if they could offer something else like TV + internet for $85 like Bell is offering and she went to ask and came back saying her manager is gonna try to add the W45 for me but no guarantees since it's only for new customers.

so now i wait for call back...
I believe with manager intervention, it may be possible to override the system and get W45 added on. Whether the CSR actually tries to get the manager to do it is a different matter. Hope she follows through and can get you on the plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2003
3198 posts
61 upvotes
Kitchener - Waterloo
People, do your diligent research and stay away from these crooks!

Go with Acanac, Teksavy or some other 3rd party provider!

Stay away from Bell and Rogers - they have monopoly over CRTC because of YOUR MONEY!
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15146 posts
6168 upvotes
George W. Bush wrote: People, do your diligent research and stay away from these crooks!

Go with Acanac, Teksavy or some other 3rd party provider!

Stay away from Bell and Rogers - they have monopoly over CRTC because of YOUR MONEY!
I tried 3web, Distribultel, Wind, and Mobilicity and all of them sucked and offered inferior service. How could I not switch back to Rogers for *less* money and *better* service?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1315 posts
730 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: I tried 3web, Distribultel, Wind, and Mobilicity and all of them sucked and offered inferior service. How could I not switch back to Rogers for *less* money and *better* service?
Teksavvy, Start.ca
Nov 21, 2010
9 posts
12 upvotes
My experience with Rogers.
Two week ago ordered Extreme 45$ and Home phone Favorites 14.99 for 2 years contract
+10 dollars for unlimited internet.
You have to have 3 services (TV, Internet and Phone) to get unlimited for 10 dollars extra. I had Rogers TV already.
Everything went smooth. Total 79 after taxes.
Call yesterday when deal Express 35 for 8 years came up.
Have been told that is impossible and what I have right now is 45$ extreme with cap of 80 GB.
No unlimited for 10 dollars, nada.
To get unlimited for extra 10 dollars I have to pay full price for Extreme.
Good that I have 21 day a grace period. Have to cancel all my services with Rogers.
Stuck with Rogers for another month now.(30 days cancellation notices.)
Tried to stay away from Rogers all the time, change my mind once and got burnt.
Always double check what you really get from them.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15146 posts
6168 upvotes
Jeffrey101 wrote: Teksavvy, Start.ca
The Rogers "Express" $35 is cheaper than both of those options. I don't need a high cap.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2166 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Thanks guys, called last night to get this deal and they said I have to pay the activation fee of $50 on my first bill, but I'll get a $50 credit on my second bill.

I need to call and cancel my bell plan now, as the price doubled when my 50% year was up as expected.

The rep also confirmed that this price is guaranteed for 8 YEARS.
Dec 22, 2011
565 posts
520 upvotes
i called today and roger said they dont offer it anymore... they gave me extra 30% off on my current package since i am not on contract and i said "ok, then ill switch"... so I am still not on contract and got 30% off... so i will stick until i get some other offer from somewhere else...
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1245 posts
152 upvotes
plangevin wrote: Not sure if this was answered: Is it available in Montreal?
Anyone . . . Is the 45/8 years available in Montreal ?

. . . "Thanks !"
Oct 31, 2004
485 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately no, Rogers does not provide cable internet service in Montreal because of Videotron.
Bandco wrote: Anyone . . . Is the 45/8 years available in Montreal ?

. . . "Thanks !"
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15146 posts
6168 upvotes
Jeffrey101 wrote: Teksavvy, Start.ca
I'm happy with Rogers for now. If I need more bandwidth then I will try Teksavvy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)