Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10683 posts
2907 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Frameboy wrote: My Internet Extreme 50% off ends on May 4th. I called today to get it extended and the person in retentions was a moron. I asked her to bundle everything and give me the best option (my cable / phone discount ends May 27th) and I got "the best I can do is 25%". I told her to put that on anyway... but I was NOT happy.

Going to call back later after dinner... I seem to have better luck then.
IMO, you won't do better until you say the magic words "I'd like to give my 30 days notice" and then only once the win-back dept contacts you. Retentions is basically useless at the moment.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Jun 30, 2010
603 posts
58 upvotes
I'm with Bell right now. Paying $47.95 plus tax for 350GB/month on a 15DL/10UL speed, but it'll be going up to $56.95+tax from next month. Wondering if I should jump ship, I usually use about 200GB a month. Anybody here thinks using Rogers W45 plan as a threat I can ask Bell to keep my monthly bill down to $47.95?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2150 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
xtwo wrote: I'm with Bell right now. Paying $47.95 plus tax for 350GB/month on a 15DL/10UL speed, but it'll be going up to $56.95+tax from next month. Wondering if I should jump ship, I usually use about 200GB a month. Anybody here thinks using Rogers W45 plan as a threat I can ask Bell to keep my monthly bill down to $47.95?
You can try, but I think you might have better luck comparing it to Teksavvy if you really want to stay with Bell. Teksavvy just resells for Bell.

http://teksavvy.com/en/residential/internet/dsl
Nov 24, 2012
750 posts
180 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Is anyone else's service acting funny? I find my internet cuts out a couple times and day and also has major slow downs and by major I mean 3.0mb dl speed (and that during the afternoon)

I wouldn't have expected this from rogers...
For Sale: Fender American Special Stratocaster Brand New In Box! Save 375!!! Message me for details
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm, when I called they said they "have some good news and bad news"... bad news is I can't switch to W45 since "it's for new activations only", but good news is I've been getting (for a month now due to a "mistake") and will continue to be getting Unlimited Extreme for $66 (after tax) with only one service (just internet). Now that's not bad, but they said I'm on contract until December which was not what they said last month... could be even better if I can eliminate the modem rental fee by buying a modem (if that's possible?), so anyone know where I can find a modem that works on Rogers?
BarcaFan wrote: Is anyone else's service acting funny? I find my internet cuts out a couple times and day and also has major slow downs and by major I mean 3.0mb dl speed (and that during the afternoon)

It's perfectly fine for me... I've been downloading at max speed for past 48 hrs (through the night) and logs show no slow down. Maybe I'm hogging the whole internet. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1162 posts
110 upvotes
BarcaFan wrote: Is anyone else's service acting funny? I find my internet cuts out a couple times and day and also has major slow downs and by major I mean 3.0mb dl speed (and that during the afternoon)

+1 you should expect this from rogers because all your neighbors with rogers are sharing the internet with you.
Dec 22, 2008
511 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
This is my experience with Rogers...

- I got W45 bout a month ago with installation for today. With $15 activation but no $50 installation
- I changed installation date from today to a later date. Invoice now shows BOTH installation and activation
- I call to complain. Lady says installation will be waived.
- New invoice shows BOTH installation and activation waived

It's a real pain dealing with these guys but seriously? How dumb can they be?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
i hate myRogers, its always down when i check

We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Sep 27, 2010
34 posts
I got W45 deal with 200G (Not unlimited). I have been Rogers customer for N year. I cancel rogers with my name and assign a new offer with one of my family members. Cancel on May 17 and new order is on May 18
Sep 27, 2010
34 posts
My deal detail
No contract
$45.00 Rogers Extreme Internet (35 Mpbs/3 Mpbs)
Free extreme modem
200 GB a month
$14.95 activation charge
$49.95 installation fee
+Taxes
This rate is guaranteed for eight years