Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3686 posts
1446 upvotes
I've been told that the 8 year rate was available but only if you have cable TV. Is this true?

Otherwise, I"m being offered 25% off with no contract for Extreme Plus internet with Rogers
Jun 26, 2007
543 posts
236 upvotes
halcyon wrote: I've been told that the 8 year rate was available but only if you have cable TV. Is this true?

Otherwise, I"m being offered 25% off with no contract for Extreme Plus internet with Rogers
My contract is going to expire in 2M. I just called to get this deal and rep gave it to me. He said you have to have cable with in order to get this deal and then he tried and it worked.
He said just change ur madam and ur good to go.

How can i confirm that i got the offer.
Nov 25, 2005
242 posts
21 upvotes
I got it 3 weeks agog. Existing customer no cable. But didn't seem to get the modem with it.
Jun 26, 2007
543 posts
236 upvotes
is there any similar deal exist like $35 for rogers express internet and no price change for 8 years?
Aug 26, 2012
720 posts
153 upvotes
I was charged a cancellation fee for cancelling my

Hi-Speed Extreme + 80GB

for $25.15

I was paying 60 dollars a month for this plan for 8 months then they suddenly changed it and upped the price to 95 dollars a month....
Obviously my promotion was up.... so why am I being charged a cancellation fee???? How can I get out of this without any fees (I have no contract!)
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
Ebayonly wrote: I was charged a cancellation fee for cancelling my

Hi-Speed Extreme + 80GB

for $25.15

I was paying 60 dollars a month for this plan for 8 months then they suddenly changed it and upped the price to 95 dollars a month....
Obviously my promotion was up.... so why am I being charged a cancellation fee???? How can I get out of this without any fees (I have no contract!)
Are you sure your plan wasn't on contract for 12 months?
Aug 17, 2008
113 posts
20 upvotes
Anyone have a picture or a scan of the mail with the W45 offer which makes it easier to say we received the offer in the mail?
Nov 11, 2012
116 posts
72 upvotes
Even if you are month to month you have to call and cancel 30 days in advance. Its in the fine print somewhere.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3464 posts
904 upvotes
Ebayonly wrote: I was charged a cancellation fee for cancelling my

Hi-Speed Extreme + 80GB

for $25.15

Maybe you should have tried to switch to the W45 previously? Also, I would recommend trying back with a different rep, people have had luck receiving the W45 this month.

As mentioned above, even off contract they require 30 days notice to cancel. You cancelled mid-cycle, so they count 30 days from that day. So, you pay that full month as normal, plus partial charges for the additional time after the cycle until the 30 days is reached, which was $25.15 in your case. Technically it's not a cancellation charge as you had service right up until it was cut off, so you technically "used" $25.15 of service.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14571 posts
2202 upvotes
Toronto
This could be a trap.

While you are on a fast internet package today maybe they will keep it at the same speed for the next 8 years while all the other customers have gotten speed upgrades with higher upload speeds and more bandwidth.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3464 posts
904 upvotes
wilsonlam97 wrote: This could be a trap.

While you are on a fast internet package today maybe they will keep it at the same speed for the next 8 years while all the other customers have gotten speed upgrades with higher upload speeds and more bandwidth.
Well, technically the price is locked in for 8 years, but I doubt prices will go up by very much, if any. And, if that does indeed happen, which they'd have to limit speeds of all Extreme customers, not just W45, then I would switch plans ;)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19318 posts
7423 upvotes
Toronto
Come on people, are you seriously concerned about the price being locked for 8 years? Within a couple of years, this plan will be obsolete. Enjoy it for the moment.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12978 posts
4679 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wilsonlam97 wrote: This could be a trap.

Not a trap at all since its not a contract. You are free to leave Rogers or switch to something better at any point within the 8 years.

This package (and the W35 package) is great for those who had to annually call Rogers Retention to get discounts. I was personally sick of the game so it's nice to not have to do that every single year.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1393 posts
120 upvotes
Can anyone confirmed that any document or note on your monthly bill say that price will not change in 8 years?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)