Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Extreme Internet $45 for 8 years

Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 26, 2012
720 posts
153 upvotes
hvc wrote: Maybe you should have tried to switch to the W45 previously? Also, I would recommend trying back with a different rep, people have had luck receiving the W45 this month.

As mentioned above, even off contract they require 30 days notice to cancel. You cancelled mid-cycle, so they count 30 days from that day. So, you pay that full month as normal, plus partial charges for the additional time after the cycle until the 30 days is reached, which was $25.15 in your case. Technically it's not a cancellation charge as you had service right up until it was cut off, so you technically "used" $25.15 of service.
Yea technically I called a month before my cycle ends (on June 7th). They credited me the cancellation fee. I tried to get the w45 but no luck. I got the existing customers not eligible excuse. Going to set the new account up under my roommates name so we can get the promotion. Funny thing is that I spoke with a bottom level peon from the sales department about why I couldn't get the plan and he suggested signing up a new account under a roommates name (which was my intention). I was surprised he said that to me as I'm sure he could get in trouble for recommending that.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
Ebayonly wrote: Yea technically I called a month before my cycle ends (on June 7th). They credited me the cancellation fee. I tried to get the w45 but no luck. I got the existing customers not eligible excuse. Going to set the new account up under my roommates name so we can get the promotion. Funny thing is that I spoke with a bottom level peon from the sales department about why I couldn't get the plan and he suggested signing up a new account under a roommates name (which was my intention). I was surprised he said that to me as I'm sure he could get in trouble for recommending that.
yeah, but if u sign up under a new name you still lose your existing e-mails?

also don't you have to give them 30 days notice and have to keep the internet for 30 days after you call in to cancel? AND you have a fee on top of that?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 26, 2012
720 posts
153 upvotes
AnimeFreak1013 wrote: where can I find original ad for this offer?
[IMG]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/918/ ... gers45.jpg[/IMG]
I am paying 95 dollars for this exact same thing for this month. They're crazy to think I would pay that for another month.

And Fanta not entirely sure about existing emails (makes sense that I would) but I never used rogers mail to begin with. And yes my internet is still active 30 days after promo ends but i still gave 30 days notice before date of cancellation ... so technically they shouldn't have charged me a cancellation fee. I didn't even argue this I just called and complained that I shouldn't be charged since my promo is up and the guy was like okay no problem we will credit your account.
Newbie
Nov 12, 2012
4 posts
KITCHENER
lolatyou1 wrote: I got same flyer in mail and freaking robbers won't give me the deal wdf....
I only have cable with them currently, do they give discount if I bundle?
Yes, I have cable with them as well and received a 4% bundles discount when they added W45.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2012
1962 posts
208 upvotes
Canada
will888 wrote: Come on people, are you seriously concerned about the price being locked for 8 years? Within a couple of years, this plan will be obsolete. Enjoy it for the moment.
You can switch to a different plan anytime. In 8 years, this plan will be equivalent of having Dial-Up for $45/mo.... when you can get Gigabit speeds for the same price.
Member
Oct 19, 2007
212 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
I have a question about switching current providers. I currently have internet and home phone with a billing period of the start of every month. If I switch both to this rogers plan + 9.99 home phone plan, do I lose half the month of service of those providers, having already paid the bills for them?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13114 posts
4802 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Alarion wrote: I have a question about switching current providers. I currently have internet and home phone with a billing period of the start of every month. If I switch both to this rogers plan + 9.99 home phone plan, do I lose half the month of service of those providers, having already paid the bills for them?
No, you don't lose it. The remainder of the month is credited back to you on the invoice.

Edit: Oops, I misread your post. I thought you are just switching plans. Anyway it depends on who your current provider is.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3510 posts
971 upvotes
Alarion wrote: I have a question about switching current providers. I currently have internet and home phone with a billing period of the start of every month. If I switch both to this rogers plan + 9.99 home phone plan, do I lose half the month of service of those providers, having already paid the bills for them?
Put your 30 day notice in to your provider. Have your new provider's installation date set for that day or the day after. Problem solved.
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2002
890 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
DAMN ROGERS!!

Got my first bill today.. they're charging me 64.99$ for Extreme .. even though I signed up for the 45$ plan!!! What the heck!?!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
4997 posts
5798 upvotes
leonk wrote: DAMN ROGERS!!

Got my first bill today.. they're charging me 64.99$ for Extreme .. even though I signed up for the 45$ plan!!! What the heck!?!
Check if you have a "discount" items on there. If not, just call in or contact RogersHelp on Twitter/facebook to get it fixed. I have wasted so much time to get this right, and it's still not right.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Member
Oct 19, 2007
212 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to get a CSR that will waive the installation fee?
Jr. Member
Apr 22, 2010
101 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
I just called Rogers to inquire about their current deal, she told me the W35 Express deal is expired 2 days ago. But she offered $57 (incl. modem fee) less $19 for 6 months, and 15% off $59 (incl. modem) for the next 6 months, and thereafter regular price. This is also what Rogers Store people is offering - and this is no contract. Did the other deal expire?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10683 posts
2907 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Seininya wrote: I just called Rogers to inquire about their current deal, she told me the W35 Express deal is expired 2 days ago. But she offered $57 (incl. modem fee) less $19 for 6 months, and 15% off $59 (incl. modem) for the next 6 months, and thereafter regular price. This is also what Rogers Store people is offering - and this is no contract. Did the other deal expire?
Seems like the reps have been claiming it expired "2 days ago" for months now.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10683 posts
2907 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Alarion wrote: Is it possible to get a CSR that will waive the installation fee?
maybe.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada

Top