Shopping Discussion

Rogers/Fido Billing practice | Last/First day of bill when switching provider (excess billing)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2023 9:15 pm
[OP]
Apr 28, 2019
370 posts
380 upvotes

Rogers/Fido Billing practice | Last/First day of bill when switching provider (excess billing)

I recently switched from Fido to Rogers, and what I see is Fido casually charges for 1 extra day after the cancel-by-date provided by me. And the reason they give over chat is 'because it takes time to be canceled your account fully'.
As for the pro-rated refund, even Fido's tone of the language is bothersome but I'll move on. 'the remaining balance is $xx.00 as over payment by you which can be refunded' - when the case is that their system only works in this way where they charge for full month even if you give advance notice, and later issue refund in next bill.

Similar story with Rogers, the service provider who I switched to. The router is left at door-step by Purolator close to 8 PM, which I managed to setup sometime post midnight. Now Rogers calculates bill from router delivery date.

It is not much but imagine this for millions of customers, and it is millions of $ in revenue. Worth writing to CCTS.
Public Mobile | Tangerine
2 replies
Jan 6, 2011
442 posts
642 upvotes
toronto
The first complaint sounds reasonable, but your second one is just ridiculous imho.
You expect rogers to check when you decide to plug your router in and then activate/start billing from that date? What if you take a week? How is it rogers issue your delivery was at 8pm?
Why would they implement a process where they lose $$ when they can just bill it from delivery date.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
17285 posts
15084 upvotes
GTA, ON
pux420 wrote: The first complaint sounds reasonable, but your second one is just ridiculous imho.
You expect rogers to check when you decide to plug your router in and then activate/start billing from that date? What if you take a week? How is it rogers issue your delivery was at 8pm?
Why would they implement a process where they lose $$ when they can just bill it from delivery date.
Could be worse, it could be like Fido who begins charging the day the router was shipped, not when it is actually delivered. Upside-down Face

But OP knows that Fido is owned by Rogers? They are one in the same.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!