Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Rogers/Fido - Unlimited Mobile Browsing $7

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2012 5:48 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 11, 2003
512 posts
402 upvotes
Vancouver
I need some help here, i have a Nokia E62 which i got from fido. i ordered the unlimited data about 4 days ago, and i've been loving it. i've used over 100mb 100,000 Kb I've been reading through this thread, and i've heard some rumors that i might possbly be getting charged 5 cents per kilobyte.

My browser in my phone has been amazing, i type in any site, redflagdeals.com, bmo.com, i can check my credit card bills, anything i want. And everypage i've been to has looked great, they all look just like the site as if i were to use my computer. I am using the full internet.

Am i going to get charged for this ? from some of the posts i read here, apparently im only suppose to be using a scaled down version of the internet. almost like a lite version of the internet.

pls reply back or even PM me.

Thanks !
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1074 posts
dsorgiovanni wrote: I need some help here, i have a Nokia E62 which i got from fido. i ordered the unlimited data about 4 days ago, and i've been loving it. i've used over 100mb 100,000 Kb I've been reading through this thread, and i've heard some rumors that i might possbly be getting charged 5 cents per kilobyte.

My browser in my phone has been amazing, i type in any site, redflagdeals.com, bmo.com, i can check my credit card bills, anything i want. And everypage i've been to has looked great, they all look just like the site as if i were to use my computer. I am using the full internet.

Am i going to get charged for this ? from some of the posts i read here, apparently im only suppose to be using a scaled down version of the internet. almost like a lite version of the internet.

Thanks !
its all speculations, but most likely yes...you will get charged.
but not because you have been using the wrong browser...but because it is rumored that rogers checks all IMEI numbers and whenever it sees non-Rogers IMEI number, it charges $0.05/kb.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7423 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
AirForceElite wrote: why would there be?

no charge if you use built in browser

when does it charge?
---when you use 3rd party apps such as opera, or google mail, or weather updates...or stream to your laptop
Ok. This sounds good.
Why are we complaining and saying this isn't hot?
Banned
Feb 20, 2005
325 posts
7 upvotes
Firestorm wrote: Ok. This sounds good.
Largely because what is an unlimited data plan if it can't even be used on pda and windows mobile devices.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1074 posts
Firestorm wrote: Ok. This sounds good.
because you can only use unlimited data if you use ******** built-in browser.

if you use 3rd party application (such as a much better opera browser) or any other app such as google maps, msn, weather updates, and stuff like that, you will be charged at $0.05
(thats all assumptions though...nothing certain yet as people need to get their bills to verify/deny all rumors)
Jan 9, 2007
491 posts
1 upvote
well if the restriction is the IMEI, then we can just change the IMEI of the phone to a rogers IMEI. i rmb a program i had but forgot the name to it, but is a program in which i use to change the imei of my n73 back then for firmware upgrade to various version of the n73.
Jan 7, 2007
255 posts
3 upvotes
i saw this topic and was hoping to finally have a reason to import a iphone...
guess not
Feb 11, 2005
994 posts
21 upvotes
phazy wrote: well if the restriction is the IMEI, then we can just change the IMEI of the phone to a rogers IMEI. i rmb a program i had but forgot the name to it, but is a program in which i use to change the imei of my n73 back then for firmware upgrade to various version of the n73.
because that is illegal.
Love me some good deals
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3250 posts
61 upvotes
Mississauga
phazy wrote: well if the restriction is the IMEI, then we can just change the IMEI of the phone to a rogers IMEI. i rmb a program i had but forgot the name to it, but is a program in which i use to change the imei of my n73 back then for firmware upgrade to various version of the n73.
The firmware is in your phone twice, one of which is hardcoded. Depending on what they use to track your IMEI, it may not even matter that you have changed the number.
Sep 2, 2003
248 posts
4 upvotes
I recently upgraded my phone through rogers and received the Razr 2 (V9). I got the phone for a great deal and decided to get this $7 unlimited plan. It took a while for a rep to understand what I was talking about, and just like someone else mentioned I also had to walk them through the Rogers site.

The rep added the plan to my account and gave me an additional $100 off my Razr. I felt like I got a great deal on surfing, 1 year video calling, and an even better deal on my phone. However, Once I started browsing I got buyers remorse. This was my first time ever using the internet on a cell so I was pretty excited. The rogers browser let me go to any site I wanted and at very decent speed. I was all giddy at first reading my emails and surfing web pages. However, that giddyness wore off quick...

The plan does give you full unlimited browsing (for those of you that were uncertain) at a very decent speed with a 3g phone. However, it's more of a pain than anything to have to scroll around on a site thats looks all out of place and hard to read on a 2-inch screen. Typing a url in is even a bigger pain with no QWERTY type keys. I felt like I was wasting my time and losing out on an experience that is 100 times better on a HTC or iphone.

To think, I would be stuck with this plan for 3 years and never want to use it, for it's lack of quality browsing. I quickly called Rogers back and asked them to remove it, which they did thankfully.

My 30 minutes of browsing was good for the first 5, the rest of the 25 mins was spent trying to convince myself that it was worth 7 bucks...

I hope this helps some of you out there decide if this is right for you. :|
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Capt. Canada wrote: .....I quickly called Rogers back and asked them to remove it, which they did thankfully. ....
So....I guess the only q on everybody's mind is....did you keep the $100 [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... /hyper.gif[/IMG]
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Feb 3, 2004
837 posts
115 upvotes
I have 5 MB with my $20 comm. pack, so what happens if I choose to keep that and also take the new $7 vision package (for the reason of a $100 credit with HUP)?

Will my WAP browser be unlimited, while use of Opera/Gmail/Maps be taken out of my 5 MB?
ʎq ʇɐolɟ spnolɔ ǝɥʇ ƃuıɥɔʇɐʍ ʎllnɟǝɔɐǝd ʎʞs ǝɥʇ.
Feb 11, 2005
994 posts
21 upvotes
Shoryuken wrote: I have 5 MB with my $20 comm. pack, so what happens if I choose to keep that and also take the new $7 vision package (for the reason of a $100 credit with HUP)?

Will my WAP browser be unlimited, while use of Opera/Gmail/Maps be taken out of my 5 MB?
lol street fighter fire bombs are you handles on different forums
Love me some good deals
Feb 3, 2004
837 posts
115 upvotes
faibs wrote: lol street fighter fire bombs are you handles on different forums
yeah man, you should try to find the forum where my handle is "Chun Li's MASSIVE Thighs"

btw, how the hell do you text more than 2500mgs/mo on a w810? :lol:
ʎq ʇɐolɟ spnolɔ ǝɥʇ ƃuıɥɔʇɐʍ ʎllnɟǝɔɐǝd ʎʞs ǝɥʇ.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
2220 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver
dsorgiovanni wrote: I need some help here, i have a Nokia E62 which i got from fido. i ordered the unlimited data about 4 days ago, and i've been loving it. i've used over 100mb 100,000 Kb I've been reading through this thread, and i've heard some rumors that i might possbly be getting charged 5 cents per kilobyte.

Thanks !
Have fun with your upcoming bill :cheesygri
Nov 22, 2007
188 posts
Change to $7 Vision Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing (Wireless Rogers)
14-Feb-2008

Call Handling-Vision credit not applied to customer's account has been added.

Service : $7 Vision Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing (Wireless Rogers)
05-Feb-2008

Rogers is offering to new and existing customers (HUP) the new $7 Vision Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing including 12 months of unlimited Video calling, 3 months unlimited Video On Demand and unlimited WAP browsing (the $7 Vision new plan will replace the $10 Vision Mobile Internet Plan)
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2006
2061 posts
5 upvotes
Need details, will this work on Berrys? PDA's?
Ahh RFD has bled me dry... :(

Biggest score: CT 5% back card, saved me a few thousand :D

World wide coalition against doors; founding member rampage jackson