• Jul 3rd, 2020 7:08 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13703 posts
3949 upvotes
London

[Rogers] Great deals on the Pixel 4/XL at Rogers

Sorry if this was posted. I did a search and didn't see anything, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been posted a hundred times already.

I was just looking at doing the $20/S20+ deal that Rogers is offering with Upfront Edge when I noticed some amazing deals on the Pixel 4 line.

Pixel 4 64gb $19.99/month
Pixel 4 XL 64gb $29.99/month
Pixel 4 XL 128gb $36.24/month

NONE of these are with Upfront Edge, so you keep the phone after your 2 years.

That would make the total cost of the phones:

$480
$720
$870

SIGNIFICANTLY lower cost than buying it from Google
16 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11640 posts
17476 upvotes
Seems minimum line you can choose is $75 20gb ?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1127 posts
485 upvotes
Montreal
Any update on 4a release? Would much rather buy that at this point.
May 22, 2004
578 posts
124 upvotes
Montreal
Apparently the battery life is horrendous on the Pixel 4. Definitely wait and see how the 4a looks.
Nov 23, 2010
161 posts
248 upvotes
I didn't like that it only had face recognition. Now that everyone is wearing masks it sucked! I hope they bring back the finger print sensor.
Apr 13, 2008
160 posts
226 upvotes
Bancroft
I'd have to add $35/month to my phone bill plus the $20/month for the phone = $55/month x 24 months = $1320 overall cost
Just not worth it. (Lots more data though)
Jul 5, 2008
392 posts
127 upvotes
I've had a 4 since Nov. My battery has no issue, guess it depends on how much you are on the phone during a day. I use my regularly and charge every evening. If I do run low during the day I can add a good bit in a few minutes

I agree about the face unlock with a mask, I need to always enter the pin. Maybe I should try adding an unlock for a masked face.
Mar 26, 2004
264 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa
dog116 wrote: I didn't like that it only had face recognition. Now that everyone is wearing masks it sucked! I hope they bring back the finger print sensor.
Also finding it bad in sunlight outdoors now that it's summer. Really miss the fingerprint sensor and the ability to pull down the menu.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9128 posts
11966 upvotes
GT-EH
dog116 wrote: I didn't like that it only had face recognition. Now that everyone is wearing masks it sucked! I hope they bring back the finger print sensor.
Bang on - don't need a fancy face unlock when the finger print sensor on the back was absolutely perfect.

I'll wait for the 4a or even a 3a clearance deal for super cheap.
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Dec 23, 2016
218 posts
225 upvotes
Ottawa
How about the bezels? That silly soli cheap makes the upper bezel so large. I agree that lack of a finger print sensor is a deal breaker. But keep in mind that some fingerprint sensors are useless (like the onscreen sensor from my Samsung s10+).
Jan 23, 2019
94 posts
73 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: SIGNIFICANTLY lower cost than buying it from Google
While that might be true, the fact that most people would have to change to a more expensive monthly plan would contradict this over two years...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3032 posts
1464 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eebest wrote: I'd have to add $35/month to my phone bill plus the $20/month for the phone = $55/month x 24 months = $1320 overall cost
Just not worth it. (Lots more data though)
I don't understand how y'all calculate this? How is it not worth it? Technically you're just financing the phone with $0 down or some money, and pay that off in 24 months. Any which way your price plan monthly for the cost of the plan remains the same. Imagine if you're buying the phone outright it would cost you x amount of money, just divide that into 24 with tax and you get the total. Your plan will always remain the same cost.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Nov 28, 2013
10 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
lamboman wrote: I don't understand how y'all calculate this? How is it not worth it? Technically you're just financing the phone with $0 down or some money, and pay that off in 24 months. Any which way your price plan monthly for the cost of the plan remains the same. Imagine if you're buying the phone outright it would cost you x amount of money, just divide that into 24 with tax and you get the total. Your plan will always remain the same cost.
I would assume a lot of people on this forum have a plan that's cheaper than 75 per month. so they would have to take the plan cost into account as well. I pay 45 a month for my plan so for me 30 dollars more a month for 24 months is just worth the phone deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3032 posts
1464 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SoroushA198 wrote: I would assume a lot of people on this forum have a plan that's cheaper than 75 per month. so they would have to take the plan cost into account as well. I pay 45 a month for my plan so for me 30 dollars more a month for 24 months is just worth the phone deal.
Yea that's what I don't understand, because before this financing stuff all big carriers had various price for plans and depending on the tier you can get a phone. Now it's just a single price plan and then the phone you're just financing it so technically you're paying ~$30 for the phone.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!