[Rogers] Home Internet Ignite 150u - $34.99/month Loyalty Offer - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 5:18 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4038 posts
1269 upvotes
Oshawa
I had Rogers Gigabit plus Popular TV (cable) for $123.15 (taxes in) ... then rates changed and the discounts ended. Was offered the same for $159.31 (taxes in). Took it.

Then Bell flipped the switch in our area and 1.5Gbps Fiber was finally active and available.

Besides I have two unlocked Android boxes that give me everything from Netflix, Crave, Apple, Disney ... it even has UFC and all the sports channels in Canada .... NO MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS TO BE PAID!

So I thought about cancelling my Cable TV ... really ... who still uses it? I do! Just for my sports because I do not like lag in NHL, NBA, MLB, and NFL.

Called Rogers ... asked if I was to cancel the Cable TV portion and just stick with Gigabit .. they said sure ... that will be $119.99+taxes! ... I'm like what????? 25 Years and thats what I get? Take my middle finger!

And then hopped ship to Bell for 1.5Gbps ... $69.95+taxes ... no contract ... price guaranteed for 2 years.
16' x 11' Living Room with 11' Cathedral Ceiling. 65" Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers (FR+FL). Polk Audio S35 (Center). Klipsch R51M (RR+RL). Klipsch R14M (Dolby FHR+Dolby FHL). Polk Audio HTS10 Subwoofer x 2.
Nov 15, 2006
547 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
martychan1985 wrote: Webchat with Rogers agent and noted the Fido deal below. He stated he could offer the following:
150u - $34.99/month
75u - $28.99/month

I know the Fido deal comes out cheaper with the $150 gift card, but for those who don't want to switch providers where is a clear option to stay with Rogers. I will mention it appears to be a loyalty deal as I've been with them for at least 3 years now. When asked if a gift card could be offered he mentioned that's only for new customers.
I keep getting “Rachel from Kitchener” in Live Chat and she keeps turning down my ask. What is the trick?
Jan 25, 2017
278 posts
Hi, I have rogers ignite unlimited 1G plan and I am paying $50.64 including tax. Can some one tell me the plan I have is the speed better than the Fido 150u plan mentioned in OP's post. Would it be worth it for me to switch. I just argued with rogers live agent for 20 min and she said that you plan price is suppose to increase by 10$ next month the best deal i can give you is keep it at $50.64.

Thanks
Oct 20, 2019
170 posts
241 upvotes
Ottawa
Rogers offered me (new customer) 95+tax for 150u after mentioning that I'm paying 37.5 with Fido for 150u.

Customer reps these days act like robots.
" If you really want to save money, don't browse RFD " - Unkown
May 30, 2012
11 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
I used livechat this morning as my current promo ($40 off Ignite75) is expiring Oct 10 (I didn't know about this thread at the time, didn't threaten to cancel, didn't ask about Fido). I asked for new promos and was offered Ignite75 for $45.19 tax in or Ignite150 for $62.14 tax in with no fuss (rep specified 12 months, no contract). I am in a house in Toronto at DVP/Lawrence Ave. I opted for Ignite 75 which works out to 28.99 + 11 modem rental plux tax = 45.19. The rep name was Shehr and it was a very pleasant conversation. The new savings are effectively immediately and my next bill has already been adjusted.
Jun 3, 2011
6 posts
Richmond Hill
Contacted Rogers online chat, asked the rep if 150u for $35 is available. My current plan 500u promotion is ending next month so I've already scheduled a cancellation. After more than half an hour, the rep said she couldn't find that deal or any deal close to that. I'll probably take the Fido offer.
Jul 16, 2020
134 posts
23 upvotes
contacted from their 3rd party rentention offer. asked the guy to call back a few days, need to rethink of the offer available compare with other competitors. after thorough research and comments from other users , went with another provider. the reps should get that its not 100% that he will get the sale , but should think of treating a customer as a customer and not share the conversations outside of the firm. I would say privacy is utmost important to the clients.