Cell Phones

Rogers home phone early cancellation of contract for Wind Mobile, what are the fees?

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2016 8:01 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1256 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto

Rogers home phone early cancellation of contract for Wind Mobile, what are the fees?

So this question is for a family member. I've done some searching but couldn't really find an answer.

She agreed to a 3 year savings deal, has a year left, but recently she thought about cancelling her home phone and port her number over to Wind. What are the costs and fees for cancelling just the home phone, and porting over to Wind? I ported over my mothers home phone years ago, but she wasn't breaking a contract so it was simple. I know not to cancel her account, but what should she expect if she just walks into Wind and ports the # without telling Rogers first?

I know I know "tell her to call Rogers and ask", but some people need a little nudge, thought I could get some info for her :)
2 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20922 posts
9182 upvotes
Toronto
pete_rfd wrote: So this question is for a family member. I've done some searching but couldn't really find an answer.

She agreed to a 3 year savings deal, has a year left, but recently she thought about cancelling her home phone and port her number over to Wind. What are the costs and fees for cancelling just the home phone, and porting over to Wind? I ported over my mothers home phone years ago, but she wasn't breaking a contract so it was simple. I know not to cancel her account, but what should she expect if she just walks into Wind and ports the # without telling Rogers first?

I know I know "tell her to call Rogers and ask", but some people need a little nudge, thought I could get some info for her :)
Without knowing the specifics of the contract, we'd be guessing. Call the carrier.
Apr 2, 2009
902 posts
189 upvotes
Markham
Call and ask Rogers if there's a contract associated with the home phone.

When I recently cancelled, there wasn't a contract attached to the RHP so there were no fees from Rogers. In fact I was credited the unused portion of the RHP that is normally billed 1 month in advance.