• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2018 10:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2692 posts
332 upvotes

[Rogers] HOT! iPad 6th Gen LTE $359/$479 32gb/128gb

This is the 2018 model with LTE. Even for those who don't need LTE it's a much better deal than buying from Apple @ $429/$549 for the non LTE version.
Jesus saves, I spend
Thread Summary
I just submitted a CCTS complaint about the $30 activation fee and the $10 plan cost. They should not have forced any of us to sign up for the plan and they should not have charged us an activation fee. We'll see what happens. As usual it's the typical BS from Rogers where some of us were refunded the $30, and some of us not. I encourage all of you to submit a complaint if they are not refunding you the $30. We did the same thing on RFD when Public Mobile tried to do nonsense like this and we were able to get them to back down.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers ... aint-form/

It takes about 5 minutes.

I used this link as proof:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... -data-plan

If Fido/Rogers fails to deliver on what is mentioned on their website send a complaint to the gov: http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/ ... HÉT-7TDNA5

If any of the below happens submit a complaint too:

A cording to the Rogers website you do not need a data plan to buy an iPad outright - https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... -data-plan - however a lot of the reps are forcing you into one

Activation fees can be waived or applied as a bill credit, depending on the agent. Really though, this fee is just a rip off as an iPad does not require activation when buying outright

FAQ:

Q: Do I need a Rogers cell line to take advantage of this deal?
A: No, if they say you do, hang up, and try another rep.

Q: Can the $30 connection fee be waived?
A: YMMV, but try to request it if you have to cancel your data line

Q: Can you redeem your Rogers WE MC Cashback $ for this purchase?
A: Yes, since you’re paying Rogers, once your cc gets charged, you should get an instant redemption email
1356 replies
Nov 19, 2017
175 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto
wenyanghou wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 9:38 am
it says 5th gen...
Swipe to the right to see 6th gen...
Mar 6, 2017
104 posts
85 upvotes
LONDON, ON
wenyanghou wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 9:40 am
must be a mistake then!!
Not a mistake, appears to be a legit promotion.
OINK OINK
Feb 19, 2009
289 posts
238 upvotes
Brampton
Anybody know the fine print?
Do I have to take out a data plan?
It's a bit thin on details, just tells you to go to a store.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1191 posts
86 upvotes
Anyone know that if i got the win back deal with share everything plan can i sign up a tablet plan $10 with $0 Samsung tablet + 2 GB bonus?

I want to sign up the $10 plan with Samsung tablet and outright the iPad so i can sell the Samsung tablet
Last edited by leadersuper699 on Aug 3rd, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 2, 2003
482 posts
26 upvotes
Richmond Hill
want to buy outright, whats the steps for the Lazy Gen :)
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
3711 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
I clicked "How to get it", it says find a store, can I just get there and buy it? it looks like a price error, so I'm afraid to get denied.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Aug 25, 2009
278 posts
75 upvotes
Montreal
Here's info i got from Chat:
9:52 AMTim
I want to buy the iPad 6th Gen
10:02 AMNatalie
Hi, you've reached Natalie. Good morning! Sure, I can definitely help you with that
10:02 AMNatalie
Are you looking to purchase it outright or are you looking to do a financing option and add it to an existing cell phone account?
10:02 AMTim
i would like to purchase outright
10:03 AMNatalie
You can definiitely purchase it outright for sure, if you are not planning on getting a plan for it , you would just go to a retail location to purchase it and pay for it there. For us to ship it out, we have to normally set it up on a plan for it, so best to do it there
10:04 AMTim
ah, ok
10:04 AMTim
do all stores carry stock?
10:04 AMNatalie
They should, but I would say to contact one maybe in your area prior to going in just to be safe, Ill give you the store locator that way you can see what stores are in your area
10:04 AMNatalie
https://www.rogers.com/web/content/store-locator
10:05 AMTim
thanks, ill do that
10:05 AMNatalie
Anytime! Have a great weekend! Thanks for using Rogers live chat :)
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4255 posts
306 upvotes
wenyanghou wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2018 9:58 am
fido has the same thing!!!!
Wow. Can split the payments for 24 months, $20/month for the 128GB. This is hot.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
3491 posts
1662 upvotes
Calgary

this hours price error brought to you by Rogers/Fido ! Certainly not be honored. Tip your waiter.
I love my Koodo account.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Matrixvibe