Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

HOT Rogers 10GB retention plan with Canada wide calling only $90

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 10:32 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
Do the corporate/preferred discounts work on these plans too? If so, I think it would make it worthwhile to switch over to one of these plans for my 3 lines.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1209 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Eluder wrote: Do the corporate/preferred discounts work on these plans too? If so, I think it would make it worthwhile to switch over to one of these plans for my 3 lines.
They keep telling me that these retention plans are not eligible for monthly credits or corporate discounts, only the in market plans are.

So just to clarify, this deal is dependent on whether you have a device subsidy or not. So really this retention deal is:
  • $90 - no tab
  • $110 - premium tab
  • $115 - premium+ tab

For me, I have a premium tab so it was actually cheaper to go with the in market 6gb plan for $120, less 20% with a corporate discount = $96/month. I could double my data and go with 12gb for $130 -20% = $104/month, but I rarely go over 5gb and I’m trying to cut back on my Rogers bill...
Dec 19, 2012
331 posts
152 upvotes
I checked my account today and this plan was there! Also there is a 15GB plan for $115. Both plans are available to me on a smart tab or premium tab at the same price which seems weird. Trying to decide which one to go with
Jan 20, 2012
559 posts
494 upvotes
LONDON
My account has this plan too. I requested to switch to it by the rogers rep and they failed to inform me that I'd lose my corporate discount (didn't know about this thread). So now I have to go through my rogers rep through my work and get my verification code all over again since they changed the verification process. Explained my frustration over the phone with rogers, threatened to leave, and they gave me a $60 credit on my bill and honored my corporate discount until I get my verification code. So I got over $100 off on my bill which is usually $170.

I had a 7 GB plan for $120/month with Spotify and roam like home - 30% discount on premium plus. Going to try and fight to get a similar priced 10 GB plan where I can add my discount from work.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1209 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kellmike626 wrote: My account has this plan too. I requested to switch to it by the rogers rep and they failed to inform me that I'd lose my corporate discount (didn't know about this thread). So now I have to go through my rogers rep through my work and get my verification code all over again since they changed the verification process.
You can request your verification code yourself on rogers.com/preferred. Click on "Request Passcode" and enter your work email address, and that's where they'll send you the code. However I've found that regular Rogers reps or retentions don't know how to apply corporate codes, so you have to call Rogers Corporate at 1-844-776-4377
Jan 20, 2012
559 posts
494 upvotes
LONDON
J-Wo wrote: You can request your verification code yourself on rogers.com/preferred. Click on "Request Passcode" and enter your work email address, and that's where they'll send you the code. However I've found that regular Rogers reps or retentions don't know how to apply corporate codes, so you have to call Rogers Corporate at 1-844-776-4377
Unfortunately in my department I don't have a work email, so I had to go through my corporate representative. Before, all I had to do was provide my employee number and my place of work and Rogers was able to verify my employment, and I guess it was recently that they changed it. Emailed my rep last night, gave my information, and should have my code within the next couple of days. He was super quick to respond as well.

Even with my additional line and my discount applied, it's still too much money going out. Once I get the code I'm going to call and see what kind of plan they can give me since they screwed things up for me.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3427 posts
1901 upvotes
Montreal, QC
the_cid666 wrote: You can get better from Bell, Videotron, etc (at least in QC). Have $70 for 12 G from Bell right now.
if you are in Québec, I'd wait until Videotron gets aggressive again. currently have 10gb for $70 (before any discount) from Rogers. with discount, I'm paying much less
Mar 30, 2010
337 posts
180 upvotes
Calgary
Unfortunately I was not eligible for the 10gh for $90 either.
I just increased to 12 gb for $130-30% discount = $91
I have five lines in total
1st line smart tab $91
2nd line smart tab $35
3rd line smart tab $15
4th line premium tab $60
5th line smart tab $35
Total for 5 lines is $235 + gst

I also have Spotify through the end of the year I believe.

I know it's not the cheapest but we are subsidizing 3 cell phones with the above.

I was previously paying $196 for 4 lines and 7 gb (also with 3 subsidized phones). I just added the 5th line.
Jan 20, 2012
559 posts
494 upvotes
LONDON
gingersb wrote: Unfortunately I was not eligible for the 10gh for $90 either.
I just increased to 12 gb for $130-30% discount = $91
I have five lines in total
1st line smart tab $91
2nd line smart tab $35
3rd line smart tab $15
4th line premium tab $60
5th line smart tab $35
Total for 5 lines is $235 + gst

I also have Spotify through the end of the year I believe.

I know it's not the cheapest but we are subsidizing 3 cell phones with the above.

I was previously paying $196 for 4 lines and 7 gb (also with 3 subsidized phones). I just added the 5th line.
The smart tab version of that 12 GB plan is $125, is it not? Not including the discount. But in ON its 125 - 30% = 87.50/mo.

Really tired of these ridiculous prices. QC residents can get similar plan for $70/month minus the corporate discount making it even cheaper, but here the retention plan is more money and we can't use our discount...I don't pay much attention to the competition part of everything but these prices are almost criminal.
Sep 30, 2008
556 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Qq, would anyone know an appx of how much it would cost for 5 lines on rogers with abt 6gigs per line?
And unlt canada wide calling option on all 6.
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
:)
Mar 30, 2010
337 posts
180 upvotes
Calgary
kellmike626 wrote: The smart tab version of that 12 GB plan is $125, is it not? Not including the discount. But in ON its 125 - 30% = 87.50/mo.

Really tired of these ridiculous prices. QC residents can get similar plan for $70/month minus the corporate discount making it even cheaper, but here the retention plan is more money and we can't use our discount...I don't pay much attention to the competition part of everything but these prices are almost criminal.
It's insane. Compared to other countries especially but it shouldn't vary so much between provinces. I'm in AB so apparently it's $5 more for us here than in ON.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
Just FYI: still available, just got 10Gb premium tab for $90 for someone yesterday.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
milhaus wrote: Just FYI: still available, just got 10Gb premium tab for $90 for someone yesterday.
Any tips?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
rebel_rfd wrote: Any tips?
Used twitter; mentioned that a friend got this deal. Was about to pull trigger on an $80 premium tab 4GB plan, then just asked if I could get the $90 10GB premium tab plan. The rep said yes.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
I was going to upgrade to this plan - premium tab for $90 but my secondary line goes from $35 to $45.

Debating if it's worth the extra $10/month.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1209 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
milhaus wrote: Just FYI: still available, just got 10Gb premium tab for $90 for someone yesterday.
Where are you located? I've had no luck getting this and I'm in Toronto.
Jul 18, 2012
66 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
How does the family TAB plan work?

I have 4 lines for 3 children and my wife with Fido,

Do you buy one family plan and share it or do you need to go $90x4?

Much appreciated.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)