Hot Deals

[Rogers] Hot? Unlimited Ignite Internet Gigabit + Ignite SmartStream - $64.99 (12 months No Contract) - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2020 6:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17592 posts
4573 upvotes
Toronto

[Rogers] Hot? Unlimited Ignite Internet Gigabit + Ignite SmartStream - $64.99 (12 months No Contract) - YMMV

Just logged on to my account and saw a "You have a special offer" button right under balance owing...
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 12.07.10 AM.png
Clicked it and saw:

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 12.03.31 AM.png

Based on my discussions with Rogers tech, apparently "Ignite" internet uses different protocols and your speeds will generally be faster than the traditional 1 gig lines.

The wifi/Modems are a lot better apparently too.

I'm currently paying $50/month on the 1 gig regular plan so probably going to stick to it, but thought I'd throw this here for those who may find this useful...I would've likely taken the offer had this been closer to the end of my current offer with them, which isn't until Feb
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
48 replies
Sep 17, 2020
49 posts
14 upvotes
That’s only for some I’m paying 79.99 without tax for that plan atm which I got that 64.99 one though lol
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8714 posts
3171 upvotes
Toronto
I'm paying $40 for the gigabit internet. I also have this "offer".

Not sure why anyone would need to pay to get this "smartstream". It doesn't get you Netflix, Prime video, or any others, you need to pay for each of them to get access.

I separately subscribe to Netflix, and access it directly on my TV. No need to use another layer such as "smartstream" inbetween, to get Netflix.
Jan 26, 2020
90 posts
36 upvotes
Not available in my area... called bell loyalty .. best they could do is $114 for giga internet :(
May 8, 2016
124 posts
54 upvotes
Sainii01 wrote: 40$? How did you get that LOL
I guess it is retention plan - cancel Rogers’ service, receive a call from Rogers ... very YMMV

I am paying $40 for gigabyte too but close to expire
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12638 posts
3424 upvotes
Scarberia
effin robbers! i was paying 59$ for gigabit (im very happy at this so so pricing) but it got jacked up to to 80 plus txs i think.... im ok with 60 or less per month! now i gotta fake bluf cancel lol..hoping i get a winback!

my current special offer is 94.99$ plus txs for

Introducing Ignite Internet + SmartStream
– we think you’ll love Ignite InternetTM with SmartStreamTM. Together, they provide an incredible streaming experience. Check out our personalized offer for you below!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Apr 4, 2017
481 posts
386 upvotes
I took the offer at $60/mo in the summer. The smart stream is still sitting on the box unopened. My understanding is that it's a cable box and they want to be able to try and upsell you on cable packages
Dec 7, 2007
282 posts
123 upvotes
The smart stream is a way to rob your money. I don’t know who the heck who brought up this idea trying to fool their customers. If we have google or Apple TV etc, we can subscribe anything,or add the app into , no need pay for them.
Nov 11, 2010
358 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
corollace wrote: The smart stream is a way to rob your money. I don’t know who the heck who brought up this idea trying to fool their customers. If we have google or Apple TV etc, we can subscribe anything,or add the app into , no need pay for them.
Rogers and Bell do not target the RFD user who is price savvy - they prey on seniors, tech ignorant folks, new immigrants who are still learning the lay of the land
Nov 11, 2010
358 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
The only way to lower your prices is to call Rogers bluff and put in a cancellation - you will get a call back from their "Ambassador" team who will try to retain you but you will still end up paying more than your current bill. You have to be prepared to walk away and have alternate arrangements if it doesnt work out.

There are 2 threads in the "Ongoing Deal" sub-forum discussing the retention deals and new customer promos

Rogers

rogers-rogers-cable-retentions-new-cust ... ad-785331/

Bell

bell-internet-tv-home-phone-new-custome ... s-1779871/
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2067 posts
953 upvotes
Montreal
Been Rogerless for at least 10yrs.....life is good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)