[Rogers] Ignite 500 Mbps - Unlimited - $34.99 + tax for 1 year - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2018 4:39 pm
[OP]
Jul 3, 2003
120 posts
74 upvotes

[Rogers] Ignite 500 Mbps - Unlimited - $34.99 + tax for 1 year - YMMV

I searched and could not find a similar post so please delete if it is indeed a duplicate.

I just called Rogers to inquire about Internet service and they mentioned a promotion for $34.99+tax for their Ignite 500 Internet, which has unlimited usage. This is a 1-year deal and no contract/commitment needed. After the 1 year, you would need to pay full price or call in advance to get on a different promo. This pricing is good for Internet only and bundles and also good for existing or new customers. This is available in SOME postal codes but the only way to find out if it's available in your area is to call. Good luck!

UPDATE: I successfully applied this promo to two different accounts but was rejected for another account due to postal code ineligibility. Also, I was told it is applicable to multi-dwelling units only but for some reason, I got it on my single detached home account. Therefore, this is YMMV so good luck to those that can take advantage of it! I recommend calling to ask for the "deals" available to you and let the CSR tell you what is truly available. I hope this helps some people at least.

UPDATE 2: The promo code to quote for this is “X4P”. This should help speed up phone calls to Rogers. Also, I called the general 1-888-ROGERS1 phone number and selected “Sales” when I originally called
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 14th, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: title edit
Thread Summary
Call 1 866 794-6792 and ask about promo (500u for $39.99)

Promo code X4P may be specific for certain regions. Only bring it up if CSR really can't find the deal, otherwise you are better off leaving it out so CSR can find the promotion eligible for you.

Note: Around March, ALL Roger internet bills will be increasing by $8/mth contract or not. Deal will become $47.99 then.
400 replies
Aug 17, 2008
491 posts
11 upvotes
Holy shit if this is legit then its VERY HOT.

However, it seems like its YMMV.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15045 posts
994 upvotes
Scarborough
It's $74.99 on the website... so this is like half price of the sale price. regular price is $127.99.
MOONBOX REPLACEMENT:IPTV Group Buy
Dec 12, 2014
962 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do you live in a new condo/area that's eligible to receive Beanfield internet?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
3910 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
AFAIK this is only for condos where there is a lot of competition from fiber.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
1439 posts
54 upvotes
I feel that the csr was confused and incorrectly quoted the discount twice, it would be interesting to know what actually shows up on your billing.
Last edited by luthair on Feb 14th, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
6718 posts
645 upvotes
6ix
shows

$74.99mo2i
Reg. $127.99/mo
Save $53/mo. off reg. price for 12 months**
Oct 28, 2016
301 posts
486 upvotes
North Of Steeles
On the phone with them now. Will keep everyone posted
"Live Long.......And ProspeRFD!"
Oct 3, 2011
334 posts
185 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Surprises on your bill sooner or later GUARANTEED
Dec 13, 2017
1 posts
Rogers gigabit internet is 79.99. in currently paying the same with bell for their 150 package
Oct 28, 2016
301 posts
486 upvotes
North Of Steeles
Update:

So just got off the phone with them. The CS had no idea about the deal. She put me on hold, had to go and talk to the floor manager to see if the deal is true. The deal is indeed alive for 34.99 for 500mbs however it is restricted to certain postal codes. She did say that it is a hot deal and she wishes she could have given me the deal for letting her know about it. Anyway, even with my most sincere requests and being extremely polite, topped off with a little RFD in me, I was still unsuccessful. Hopefully others out there can get it because as this is "standing on the sun barefoot" hot IMO.

Thanks.
"Live Long.......And ProspeRFD!"
Oct 11, 2006
275 posts
8 upvotes
this is not for everybody, only works who live in apartment or condo with special(?) postal code (even not for everybody- you have to double check to agency )
also, some few house can get this promo if your house inside special(?) postal code.
price is 24.99(not sure; I see on internet) for 2 years.
Sep 11, 2009
26 posts
3 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
no luck on live chat, CS mentioned that "the offer may also be a field sales offer (in other words, is being offered by agents who are physically knocking on doors and selling Rogers products) … and may also be specific to a postal code."

You're lucky if you can get it, definitely a good deal. I'm currently paying Ignite75 - 500G (limited) $55+tax and Ignite150 - Unlimited $65+tax on two different addresses via backdoor deal.
Nov 26, 2013
3 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
Had them knocking door to door last week with this offer. They also had a gigabit offer.

FYI area code K1t

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)