Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Ignite 500 Mbps - Unlimited - $34.99 + tax for 1 year - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2020 12:43 am
Dec 22, 2011
296 posts
170 upvotes
just called. Sad for me >_< answer is NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!1

Reason is your arer base fibre is 100M,need at least 300M base fibre in your area to use 500u
OTTAWA,k1v
but my friend was able to get the deal,he live in baseline ottawa
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2419 posts
1667 upvotes
called today, not available in my area...500M will be 69.99
Feb 24, 2012
201 posts
51 upvotes
TORONTO
Is this deal expired (as someone has marked it)? If yes, that was really fast...Less than 48 hours or so? Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1388 upvotes
Toronto
Wondering if anyone was able to get the deal through Rogers Residential Field Sales via redflagdeals@rogers.com ??
Who are these guys? Are they trust worthy?
Multi Millionaire in Points
Jul 30, 2008
878 posts
31 upvotes
For those that just switched to the 500 or 1G, after you added the new modem, the Rogers page should change in your account. Did you see your cost change on the rogers account? I'm getting $51.66 due, and I assume that's a pro-rated amount of my previous rate plus my new rate for this month. I'm just looking for a place that shows proof I'll be paying $39.99/month + tax, and how they're breaking that down.

In the Billing & Payment > View Your Bill it shows $56.50 ($49.99 + tax) from January bill, which is what it cost me before for my 40GB plan. Where would I go to see what I'll be charged in the future and the cost breakdown. I currently have no proof that what they said on the phone is applied to me (specifically to verify that I will not get an increase in a month from the $39.99 price, which is what I asked the agent on the phone 5-6 times). I want to try verify this early on, rather than hope for the best and see what happens in 30 days, when I could be in for a shock.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2900 posts
265 upvotes
With a lot of back and forth, got confirmation e-mail for this deal for my condo at M2N 0H#
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2353 upvotes
tribe1689 wrote: For those that just switched to the 500 or 1G, after you added the new modem, the Rogers page should change in your account. Did you see your cost change on the rogers account? I'm getting $51.66 due, and I assume that's a pro-rated amount of my previous rate plus my new rate for this month. I'm just looking for a place that shows proof I'll be paying $39.99/month + tax, and how they're breaking that down.

In the Billing & Payment > View Your Bill it shows $56.50 ($49.99 + tax) from January bill, which is what it cost me before for my 40GB plan. Where would I go to see what I'll be charged in the future and the cost breakdown. I currently have no proof that what they said on the phone is applied to me (specifically to verify that I will not get an increase in a month from the $39.99 price, which is what I asked the agent on the phone 5-6 times). I want to try verify this early on, rather than hope for the best and see what happens in 30 days, when I could be in for a shock.
I posted earlier in this thread that my amount due for the current bill changed online when my plan changed.

You didn't receive an email with a "Confirmation" pdf?

The pdf shows you plan pricing for 12/24 months but it would not show any guarantee of no $8 increase. Your phone conversation was recorded however so it could always be referred to. That being said, reps outright lie or mistakeningly say incorrect things all the time. If you were told no hike and you end up being charged more, you should request being credited back the difference, and if they refuse, file a complaint with CRTC/CCTS.
Jul 30, 2008
878 posts
31 upvotes
I posted earlier in this thread that my amount due for the current bill changed online when my plan changed.

You didn't receive an email with a "Confirmation" pdf?
No, I actually did not get a confirmation at all. I guess I need to call them again.
Nov 22, 2016
148 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Getting back to you guys after my fiasco in live chat haha.

Didn't go for call but went the Facebook Messenger Route as that seems to have high rate of success with less time to spend as u can just send message and do your work leisurely when they get back to you. A few friends of mine were successful through messenger as well, it does need patience though it can take time from few mins to 2 days range [Time span range estimated from us 4 friends who got it successfully]

Facebook person who got me the deal- Offered deals $34.99 for 500 and 44.99 for 1gig
Seems only Targeted areas doesn't have to be condos apartments, So M9V is my postal which is approved for the deal. If anyone with this postal code should be able to get it~
Cheers to Yazzin!

Deal is not dead! It's pretty much alive still! Good Luck!

Edit: Wow just noticed this is in expired deals, mods this deal is not dead, other might still get it move it back~!~ Just got my confirmation email aswell for changes nothing charged extra~
Last edited by ShashankP890465 on Feb 16th, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
😱-Deals!
Jul 30, 2008
878 posts
31 upvotes
tribe1689 wrote: No, I actually did not get a confirmation at all. I guess I need to call them again.
For what it's worth, I called again, this guy also confirmed it's gonna stay $39.99 (they will increase the discount by $8 in march when prices go up by $8, and he put a note in my file that if it does go up for some reason, I can call back and they'll manually adjust it.

I had it written down in notepad, but I can't find it...but at some point when he was looking into the details, he mentioned the promo code was X4W. I'm unfortunately not 100% sure that's the promo code, I'm sure I wrote it down notepad but I can't find it in there now :(.
Nov 22, 2016
148 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
tribe1689 wrote: For what it's worth, I called again, this guy also confirmed it's gonna stay $39.99 (they will increase the discount by $8 in march when prices go up by $8, and he put a note in my file that if it does go up for some reason, I can call back and they'll manually adjust it.

I had it written down in notepad, but I can't find it...but at some point when he was looking into the details, he mentioned the promo code was X4W. I'm unfortunately not 100% sure that's the promo code, I'm sure I wrote it down notepad but I can't find it in there now :(.
Same the rep said prices arent going up for me aswell and the deal of $34.99 stays so not sure if the Rep wasnt aware or it stays same
😱-Deals!
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1854 posts
627 upvotes
TO
Thanks again OP, I now have 10x the download speed for half what I used to pay (but a third of the upload speed sadly)

Signed up through the rfd@rogers email, got a call back a few hours later to ask for credit check, and schedule tech visit. I said I'd rather pickup the modem myself even if install is totally free. Went to a store the next day (call and ask, very few stores seem to have the required modem for 500+ internet on hand), they couldn't find my account so they called customer service, and I walked out with the modem 10 min later.

The modem isn't as ugly as the Fido spaceship, but it's still pretty ugly and awkward (mine is hidden away in a utility closet along with my router). For those worried about it, you can set the modem to bridge mode and take it from there with your own equipment.

Wins
2015: 69.99$
Jun 27, 2012
12 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Deal is indeed still alive! I signed up last night for 500u for $34.99 as an existing customer.

Most Rogers reps were not aware but I spoke to a rep who knew about this after few calls to Sales. Rep transferred me to Customers relations/services. Spoke to a rep there and he knew exactly about this promo. He searched up my postal code and verified that it appeared on his system.

No fees were charged for this change. Price is good for 12 months.
Feb 24, 2012
201 posts
51 upvotes
TORONTO
dolphindefense wrote: I searched and could not find a similar post so please delete if it is indeed a duplicate.

I just called Rogers to inquire about Internet service and they mentioned a promotion for $34.99+tax for their Ignite 500 Internet, which has unlimited usage. This is a 1-year deal and no contract/commitment needed. After the 1 year, you would need to pay full price or call in advance to get on a different promo. This pricing is good for Internet only and bundles and also good for existing or new customers. This is available in SOME postal codes but the only way to find out if it's available in your area is to call. Good luck!

UPDATE: I successfully applied this promo to two different accounts but was rejected for another account due to postal code ineligibility. Also, I was told it is applicable to multi-dwelling units only but for some reason, I got it on my single detached home account. Therefore, this is YMMV so good luck to those that can take advantage of it! I recommend calling to ask for the "deals" available to you and let the CSR tell you what is truly available. I hope this helps some people at least.

UPDATE 2: The promo code to quote for this is “X4P”. This should help speed up phone calls to Rogers. Also, I called the general 1-888-ROGERS1 phone number and selected “Sales” when I originally called
Why is this deal marked as expired? Who can fix it?
Mar 6, 2013
280 posts
78 upvotes
Got it, too. Although the box didn't come with the coax cable. Can I use any coax cable? Or should I go back to get one?