Hot Deals

Rogers

Ignite Internet 1.5 Gigabit for $44.99 12 months term (Original $124.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2023 3:22 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5143 posts
2873 upvotes
GTA
mkl38s wrote: Thanks, those look decent prices. Unfortunately I have these mini-machines (Deskmini) so I can't add any network card to it :(
Whats the model? Maybe there's room for a half height card.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2759 posts
3041 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
esfandiyar2002 wrote: You can simply tell them that you don't want that Ignite TV as a added bonus to your service. :)
I spoke with them today. They told me that I have to switch my tv service to ignite tv, if I want to get the 1.5 Gigabit ignite internet. Can't keep my normal cable TV. Maybe they are lying, misinformed, or might be true. Really don't want ignite tv, especially since it's for my parents. They absolutely hate the idea of not being able to watch tv if the internet goes down (which it has gone down a few times just this month already) also sucks they force you to get home phone using internet, can't keep using the normal home phone.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5143 posts
2873 upvotes
GTA
mkl38s wrote: X300W so no, there is not room for anything else beside 2x2.5" HHD/SATA. I saw they have DESKMEET model https://www.newegg.ca/asrock-deskmeet-x ... -_-Product which I think would have room for extra card and use regular size DIMM too. Maybe I should get this one :)
Ya no expansion on the x300w, on the one from newegg its doable since you can put a gpu in it but maybe not worth it just for this.
Mar 2, 2007
688 posts
811 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
mkl38s wrote: Thanks, those look decent prices. Unfortunately I have these mini-machines (Deskmini) so I can't add any network card to it :(
I didn't have an available PCI slot so I went with this:
https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters-202 ... 89&sr=8-13

Depending on which speedtest, anywhere from 1.5Gbps to 1.8Gbps download. Using a CAT6A cable plugged into the 2.5Gb port.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1044 posts
399 upvotes
London
junglemage666 wrote: I spoke with them today. They told me that I have to switch my tv service to ignite tv, if I want to get the 1.5 Gigabit ignite internet. Can't keep my normal cable TV. Maybe they are lying, misinformed, or might be true. Really don't want ignite tv, especially since it's for my parents. They absolutely hate the idea of not being able to watch tv if the internet goes down (which it has gone down a few times just this month already) also sucks they force you to get home phone using internet, can't keep using the normal home phone.
If that home phone & cable TV matters the most, either stick to what you have if speed & fee seem OK, or take a closer look at other providers. :)
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1986 posts
1115 upvotes
GTA
mkl38s wrote: The 2nd bill, they changed the bill to without 2x$10 bundle discounts, hence $49.99. But I looked into details, in the first bill, the discounts ended Mar 1 too. So even if I argue, it would only get me $20 or so

First bill

Screenshot 2023-01-20 233602.png

Second bill

Screenshot 2023-01-21 131120.png
Do you have internet + two of mobile phone/cable tv/home phone/home security services with Rogers? If you do, then you should be entitled to 2 x $10 bundle discounts, no?
Dec 23, 2006
117 posts
111 upvotes
Kanata
I'm on chat, but the person says for cancellations I have to call in. Is retentions available on Sundays or am I just dealing with regular call centre people? Is calling in better?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
7046 posts
4491 upvotes
spyhero wrote: Do you have internet + two of mobile phone/cable tv/home phone/home security services with Rogers? If you do, then you should be entitled to 2 x $10 bundle discounts, no?
I have one cell phone, 1 other internet in another location and this one (previously had ignite TV). Maybe the first bill discounted $20 because of that? My new plan I dropped TV. Maybe I will call and check with them, if adding TV back and save money then I should do that. Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1044 posts
399 upvotes
London
One question from RFD user within this deal:

Cancelled my Rogers home internet service few month back when Bell came in with tempting $55/ month service for 24 months. Rogers didn't budge that time thinking I was bluffing. Spoke with an agent on provided phone by another user: 866-225-6772 yesterday. Was told that I am eligible for 1.5Gb internet service for $50/ month (tax included).

The caveat was that I was told the modem would not have any any pre-installed config, whatsoever, and I should install an app on my phone in order to config it myself!
Also, the agent told me that if I wanna have a tech install guy come in person, like previous times, there would be a whooping $150 charge that should be paid by me upfront. Unlike in the past, modem is without coaxial cable and I should provide one.

Didn't get the Rogers deal since I am with the Bell with better deal.. Anyone with the same experience? What app the agent was talking about?
Dec 15, 2021
11 posts
OhCanadian wrote: Downtown Toronto Condo

Rogers round 1 (chat):
1.5 GB internet only -- $49.99

Bell Round 1 (chat):
1.5 GB Internet only -- $49.99
3GB Internet only -- $59.99
Round 2 (FB chat) - Bell
Directed to call in
Tried to give me a 1.5GB internet, TV package and phone for $109
1.5 GB internet only $60.00

Round 2 (FB Chat) - Rogers
1.5 GB internet only $59.99
Feb 24, 2003
302 posts
50 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: Success! Very straight forward with my rep, dropped price down to $49.99 and increased speed to 1.5g. Question for the group; I just did a speedtest on a PC connected to my Orbi mesh router, which is connected to the Rogers modem, and speeds were around 450Mbps. I have a realtek pcie gbe family controller on the PC, so am I limited in speeds in anyway?
I had a similar experience. Went from Fido 150mpbs, to Rogers 500, then to Rogers 1.5. My Fido speed was more consistent than rogers and my Roger 500 to 1.5 had no speed difference, was getting aroudn 100-200mpbs on my wireless devices. Roger's tech told me it was my Condo and the speed coming in was maxing out at around 600Mpbs. As much as I hate Bell, decided to go back and get Fibe 1.5, now I get speeds up to 700mpbs.
Sep 10, 2017
412 posts
330 upvotes
Wow, this actually worked out -

It's taken me days to get through with chat, but I finally got a rep today. Rep wouldn't budge and only offered me 50 off for $74.99, exactly what I'm paying now, for 1.5gbps instead of my current 1. I mentioned looking at other providers and they told me good luck lol.

Messaged back a couple of hours later to set a cancellation date, hoping that I'd get/make a winback call, but the rep I got this time was much more helpful. I mentioned that I was interested in Ignite TV (I like streaming OTA channels w/ the app). They offered me a $75 discount for 12 mos. for 1.5gbps + IgniteTV, so $54.99. Would have preferred 24 mos, but I was surprised threatening to cancel worked so quick. I'm in Mississauga near Heartland.

Will hopefully have more options by 2024.
Jan 22, 2023
0 posts
Did anyone get a symmetrical upload and download speed with this 1.5 gigabit plan? I checked the Rogers website to see if I can receive the 1.5 gigabit plan at my address and the Rogers website says that I can with a download speed of up to 1.5 gigabit and a upload speed of up to 1.5 gigabit with a bullet point at the bottom of the speeds saying "Pure fibre to your home". Some of the users in this thread are claiming that they can only receive a maximum upload speed of 50 mbps on the 1.5 gigabit plan so this is what is making me confused.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
19332 posts
6680 upvotes
Toronto
hedgeafterdivide wrote: Did anyone get a symmetrical upload and download speed with this 1.5 gigabit plan? I checked the Rogers website to see if I can receive the 1.5 gigabit plan at my address and the Rogers website says that I can with a download speed of up to 1.5 gigabit and a upload speed of up to 1.5 gigabit with a bullet point at the bottom of the speeds saying "Pure fibre to your home". Some of the users in this thread are claiming that they can only receive a maximum upload speed of 50 mbps on the 1.5 gigabit plan so this is what is making me confused.
You would need FTTH to get more than 50 Mbps upload speed. Even bell's 1.5 Gbps plan only gives 940 up.
Mar 14, 2005
22 posts
djdestroyer wrote: This is to compete with Bell that just offered 1.5GB for $50 -- which has better upload speed but similar deals obviously. If Rogers had this a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't have switched.
Do you know if Bell deal is still good and if so how can i get it. Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3463 posts
1606 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Ronster wrote: Do you know if Bell deal is still good and if so how can i get it. Thanks
I had a sales agent come to my door. Perhaps just call and see if it's available in your area.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5792 posts
4421 upvotes
the agent told me they cant get me this for a new install
Oct 13, 2015
407 posts
34 upvotes
Cyberspace
I was just offered $49.99/mo for 12 months at 1.5Gbps after starting a chat and mentioning that I'd like to cancel the service. I didn't want to push it too far so I accepted.

Thanks OP.