Computers & Electronics

Rogers Ignite Internet Plans - Are they worth it?

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2015 9:15 pm
[OP]
Dec 14, 2007
14 posts
1 upvote
Waterloo

Rogers Ignite Internet Plans - Are they worth it?

I'm still on one of the legacy packages (Hi-Speed Extreme Unlimited) at $52/mo. That price is all-in (including my rental, discounts, taxes, etc.). These days, I'm averaging 250GB - 300GB per month (I work from home, plus I have two teenage boys... you figure it out). I have no issues with speed/connectivity (but don't ask my 16 yr old).

My question is this... are the new packages worth the aggravation of upgrading, or are these "packages" just fodder for the masses?
6 replies
Nov 20, 2014
643 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto, ON
there was a hot thread regarding this...basically put in a cancellation notice for your service..lets say give them 1 week notice...within few days "win back" will call you and may offer up to 50% off for a year on the new updated plans
PM if you have ANY questions about zoomers wireless
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
3020 posts
1086 upvotes
We are on the same plan, and I wanted to upgrade to ignite but couldn't justify spending more money when I am happy with speeds as they are. Asked what can be done they dropped my price to $39/month...not a bad deal.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
1646 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
redsfan wrote: We are on the same plan, and I wanted to upgrade to ignite but couldn't justify spending more money when I am happy with speeds as they are. Asked what can be done they dropped my price to $39/month...not a bad deal.
For good, or limited time (1 year)? $39/month for unlimited cable internet sounds too good to be true.. what speed is this at?
Nov 25, 2004
190 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto, ON
conix67 wrote: For good, or limited time (1 year)? $39/month for unlimited cable internet sounds too good to be true.. what speed is this at?
that's a good price depending on what they are giving you. We just called into rogers since we've been with them for years and asked for a break else we'll have to find others. Soooo they gave it to us for $57/month with new modem rental for one year. It's supposed to be that rogers 100/10 ignite plan but after I did a speed test I was getting 129/10 and tried that over different days of the week. Can't complain :) .
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
3020 posts
1086 upvotes
conix67 wrote: For good, or limited time (1 year)? $39/month for unlimited cable internet sounds too good to be true.. what speed is this at?
They said for good..of course what will happen with the odd $3/month increase who knows, but we have only been paying $49/month for a few years now. We are getting 30/3/300gigs, which is pretty much fine for what we need. Next bill I will have to make sure there are no screw ups, etc, but I have a case # documented, etc. They did tell me that was a current promotion going on at the time which helped my case when they first had no record of it when first offered to us.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38209 posts
24390 upvotes
Center of Universe
As long as you are not paying full price!