Computers & Electronics

Rogers Ignite TV (Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast?)

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2021 10:09 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1386 posts
1377 upvotes
Markham, ON

Rogers Ignite TV (Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast?)

I'm looking at possibly switching from Digital TV to Ignite TV.
I own 6 digital boxes and that would mean an extra $8/box after the switch.

Can I use Apple TV, FireTV or some sort of Android box with the Rogers Ignite App?
FIDO, Freedom Mobile, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19888 posts
6071 upvotes
Toronto
mrtin905 wrote: I'm looking at possibly switching from Digital TV to Ignite TV.

Can I use Apple TV, FireTV or some sort of Android box with the Rogers Ignite App?
Is there a Rogers Ignite app for Apple TV or Android TV?

I couldn't find a Rogers Ignite app for my Sony TV which runs Android TV. I don't remember one for Apple TV or Fire Stick either, although I haven't checked recently.
Dec 22, 2007
971 posts
589 upvotes
Mississauga

no rogers err Comcast hasn't figured out how to make money on the app so you have to rent boxes. There is an phone app that supports chromcast.

I would just stay with what you have
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19888 posts
6071 upvotes
Toronto
DeletedMemories wrote: I would just stay with what you have
FWIW, Ignite TV is much more convenient than digital cable, and in a lot of cases the image quality is better too.

Plus, in my case it was actually cheaper to switch to Ignite. I couldn't get a decent deal from Rogers to extend my digital cable service, but they offered me a significantly discounted Ignite service once I politely threatened to switch to Bell. As part of the deal I get two boxes included for "free" (for a year I think). I'm paying another $8 for the third box.

They also took my 3 PVRs and 1 non-PVR digital cable box and gave me $175 in credits (at 3x$50 and 1x$25, although I'm still waiting on $50 of that credit). I didn't feel like dealing with Kijiji to sell those old boxes.

@mrtin905, do you really need 6 boxes? If so, I guess the good news is the Ignite boxes are tiny and sip power, as in just a couple of Watts.
Sep 30, 2015
294 posts
78 upvotes
York, ON

I have Rogers ignite bundle. No, Rogers has not opened up it Ignite TV app. You can use iphone, ipad or android phones to install ignitetv app and cast them to you smart tv. My tv is not that smart being 10 years old, so, I use my pc web browser .