Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Locked: Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 11:16 am
Dec 10, 2006
586 posts
61 upvotes
roofgoof wrote: Same situation. Left Rogers in 2017. Their marketing company called and offered 1G for $39.99 but I said I pay $30 right now. Offered $29 for 500Mbps with 3 months free. Took the offer and install is taking place tomorrow.

I called early last month to Rogers directly and was told my Postal Code is not eligible.
Make sure you call and double check the 3 months free was noted on your account. I got the 500U offer + 3 months free, but instead i got my first bill a few days ago, and they asked for payment. I called into Rogers and asked them about my 3 months free that I was offered, and the rep said there were no notes on file discussing the 3 months free and there was NOTHING she can do. She even said, "Well 24.99 is already a good deal" LOL. I said 3 months free is still about $90 bucks after tax. i asked her to esculate me to a senior or manager. She did and got back to me saying she can only authorized a $45 credit which is half of 90.. i got annoyed and hung up. Going to have to call back tomorrow and hopefully get this fixed.
Aug 26, 2018
10 posts
2 upvotes
First, thank to the great posts here. I only have internet with Rogers and called 3 times, and the best I was offered was 500u for $70. I canceled and got an email within 2 days asking to call in. Within seconds I was offered 500u for $29.99. I didn't bother arguing for the extra $5 off.

I am looking to now do the same for my parents. They currently have phone, internet, and cable with Rogers. Would I need to cancel all 3 to get their email, or could I just cancel the internet?

Thanks again!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
smartiesummer wrote: same here, left in 2017. got call from Rogers, offer 500Mbps for $25 (no 3 months free)
took the deal...have to figure out how to cancel my CANNET
i dont think CANNET deal is a contract. You can leave at any time you wish.
Unless they have changed recently.
I do have CANNET and its the worst service...75/10..i hardly get 30 to 40 on an average...by their router.
Feb 26, 2008
341 posts
170 upvotes
Got the cancellation email within couple of days. They asked if I wanted to keep my Gigabit/premier, but I said just internet. The first thing they said was that they could offer me $35 for gigabit. Easy enough, great thread.
Sep 30, 2009
199 posts
85 upvotes
brampton
Best deal I could get was 1 gig internet. Premier tv. 3 HD boxes and modem rental free for 2 years. All in for 130 after taxes. No contract to boot. Had to take it.
Aug 26, 2018
27 posts
26 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Was her deal through the retention email?
I got the email, but didnt call in yet.
yes her deal was also via e-mail, I don't know if she mentioned teksavvy or carrytel
Aug 27, 2018
1 posts
I'm in the K4A area, I have harrassed them many times and have not managed to get better than 67$ for 500u
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
any one in L5R (square one) got this as i was kept on saying not eligible for this postal code.
Aug 6, 2018
19 posts
27 upvotes
just got this on m2n. FB chat and live chat both failed. had to demand on FB chat to get a callback from a supervisor. 2 days later, he called and gave me the plan on the spot.
May 5, 2006
821 posts
530 upvotes
Toronto
burgerj wrote: Best deal I could get was 1 gig internet. Premier tv. 3 HD boxes and modem rental free for 2 years. All in for 130 after taxes. No contract to boot. Had to take it.
Did you just call in to get that?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
Lanthira wrote: I'm in the K4A area, I have harrassed them many times and have not managed to get better than 67$ for 500u
mkannuri wrote: any one in L5R (square one) got this as i was kept on saying not eligible for this postal code.
Have you put in a cancellation? Do that and you will get a call/email back with the deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
TLSRULZ wrote: Have you put in a cancellation? Do that and you will get a call/email back with the deal.
I currently dont have rogers as i moved to CANNET last year.
Jul 10, 2006
441 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Just got a call from Zedd Solutions on behalf of Rogers. They offered the same $24.99/month 500/20 service rate guaranteed for 12 months including modem rental and no install free (I told them I was paying $35/month or 75/10 after cancelling with them last year). They even threw in free 1 month without me asking. Hope the install goes smoothly.

I asked if anybody else can get this deal and they said it's better to call Rogers directly to see if this applies to them.
May 1, 2015
76 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
YMMV but you can get an additional 3 months free. If you sound like you aren't impressed by the offer. (They just called me.)
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
Got the $29.99 for 500u recently as well. Probably the standard going rate for a house in Toronto.
Jan 25, 2012
312 posts
146 upvotes
NORTH YORK
faldian wrote: YMMV but you can get an additional 3 months free. If you sound like you aren't impressed by the offer. (They just called me.)
How long after your cancellation date is set did they call you? I’ve cancelled for a week now, and no call.
Dec 10, 2005
694 posts
316 upvotes
Just got the 1000u/30 for 24.99 plus $10 for modem rental.
Installed and the speeds are as per plan 24/7 excellent ping as well.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
vortex240 wrote: Just got the 1000u/30 for 24.99 plus $10 for modem rental.
Installed and the speeds are as per plan 24/7 excellent ping as well.
I can barely break 500Mbps connected directly to modem?
Dec 10, 2005
694 posts
316 upvotes
I'm an IT admin and I've done bunch of test. Its pretty effin solid.

Having said that - there can be couple bottlenecks here for you, your PC might be too slow to actually do gigabit reliably. A mechanical hard drive will limit you as well, even a shitty rj40 will. Make sure you have cat5e at least, cat6 for a longer length. Finally update the network drivers.

Also you are in Ottawa, I'm in Toronto area. Try calling their tech support to see what they say. Best of luck man.
Feb 3, 2015
490 posts
396 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Got a call from Zedd on behalf of Rogers. I was thinking of calling Rogers this week anyway and cancelling my bell bundle.
$25.99 for 500u for 12 months. Not bad.

Edit: Who are these guys from Zedd?
I told them that I am in a contract with bell. And they gave me free internet for 3 months without me even asking for it. Good guys.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)