Rogers

Mobile plan $60/mo. 20gb Infinite 20+ (Online rep - new customer) **ymmv**

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 7:58 am
[OP]
Jun 19, 2020
27 posts
39 upvotes

[Rogers] Mobile plan $60/mo. 20gb Infinite 20+ (Online rep - new customer) **ymmv**

I've been shopping around for a new provider that will allow LTE smartwatch services and was offered $60 per month through online customer service.

I received an offer yesterday and retained an email offer. Today, I decided to pull the trigger on switching out of Fido and opened a new rogers account through a DIFFERENT agent who offered the same plan.

This deal is suitable for consumers looking to port out of their current plan(assuming you're not in a contract or close to ending) or to get a new contract at the very reasonable rate.

Prior to shopping, fido had offered me $65 for 20gb which was 5gb more than what I originally had at the same price. I'm hoping the winback team gives me a courtesy call to get that unbeatable rate of $45 for 25gb but I'm not counting on it.

I opted for the S21 Ultra for the superior camera features @ $50/ mon and the shipping is going to take less than 16 hours!

Hope this helps someone out there!
20 replies
Feb 27, 2010
758 posts
391 upvotes
Different agent? U mean live chat? Who gave u this offer?is this in Ontario?
I am currently on 15GB 56 EPP from TELUS
Jan 4, 2018
167 posts
733 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm currently 25gb unlimited with Telus EEP for $50. Regular offer.
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
Dec 31, 2006
746 posts
166 upvotes
RFDSimple wrote: I'm currently 25gb unlimited with Telus EEP for $50. Regular offer.
How are you getting this via EPP? I dont see anything near that.
Jan 4, 2018
167 posts
733 upvotes
Mississauga
I got it 2 weeks ago but i signed up as a new customer. They offered to extend it to the rest of the family as well but i declined. Don't need that much data. Just watch out for their emails, the deals are good sometimes
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6759 posts
5306 upvotes
Someone posted a flyer in another thread, $55 for 20gb infinite for new customers.. I'll try to find it.

Edit: go to the post to see the attached flyer:
dealer007 wrote: You can call the number on attached and just quote the promo code. I don't think they double check if you were previously with Rogers. They were offering S21 for $30 per month and Chromebook. You get to keep the phone after 2 years. You can negotiate to waive off $50 activation fees. Deal not available over chat, you have to call. I am in Ontario, not sure about other provinces.
Last edited by hvc on Aug 26th, 2021 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Penalty Box
Jun 26, 2009
5142 posts
4878 upvotes
GTA
RFDSimple wrote: I'm currently 25gb unlimited with Telus EEP for $50. Regular offer.
Rogers data is unlimited, 20 GB at full speed ( 5G) and slower speeds after but unlimited and without over usage charges. But your plan is good too, only heavy users will go over 20gb/month. Some people cancelled home internet and use cellular for everything these days.
May 10, 2018
195 posts
419 upvotes
Also if you switch from Fido to Rogers you may not get the win back deal as they are essentially the same company.
Feb 27, 2010
758 posts
391 upvotes
Rogers “offered” me 30gb for 80 bucks after I told them my plan…there asking if it’s a corporate plan now
Apr 16, 2013
631 posts
668 upvotes
Surrey
dealseeker101 wrote: I've been shopping around for a new provider that will allow LTE smartwatch services and was offered $60 per month through online customer service.

I received an offer yesterday and retained an email offer. Today, I decided to pull the trigger on switching out of Fido and opened a new rogers account through a DIFFERENT agent who offered the same plan.

This deal is suitable for consumers looking to port out of their current plan(assuming you're not in a contract or close to ending) or to get a new contract at the very reasonable rate.

Prior to shopping, fido had offered me $65 for 20gb which was 5gb more than what I originally had at the same price. I'm hoping the winback team gives me a courtesy call to get that unbeatable rate of $45 for 25gb but I'm not counting on it.

I opted for the S21 Ultra for the superior camera features @ $50/ mon and the shipping is going to take less than 16 hours!

Hope this helps someone out there!

You may not know this, Fido is Part of Rogers Group of Companies, so you are definitely not getting a winback offer.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1292 posts
718 upvotes
Ottawa
I was offered this plan but with port-in credit which dropped the monthly price to $37 for 8 months. I'm with Videotron and the offer was via a telephone call I received out of the blue.
Nov 25, 2012
10 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks OP, exactly what I was looking for from any of the big 3 with 5G.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2020
27 posts
39 upvotes
jattdesi wrote: You may not know this, Fido is Part of Rogers Group of Companies, so you are definitely not getting a winback offer.
probably not, hence the part where I said I'm not counting on it Face With Tears Of Joy
Feb 27, 2010
758 posts
391 upvotes
Through my venngo app they are offering 25GB for 60 dollars for limited time so gonna jump on that through Rogers, Telus is offering the same at the moment
May 14, 2007
424 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
How much is your total per month?
$60+50tab?
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10784 posts
2459 upvotes
how do you guys get "win back" if you already signed up contract with a new company??
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6759 posts
5306 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: how do you guys get "win back" if you already signed up contract with a new company??
Don't get a device at new carrier.. you're not locked in.
Feb 27, 2010
758 posts
391 upvotes
hvc wrote: Don't get a device at new carrier.. you're not locked in.
I agree 100% but 2 years ago I got my XSMAX 256GB at a great discount if I signed up for 2 years…it was about 828 dollars off the price of phone and each month 34.50 would come off my discount balance that would empty if I stayed with them for 2 years…if I left halfway I would have to pay back 414 of my discount balance since I left 1 year early…
Too bad Telus rarely does this no more
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6759 posts
5306 upvotes
juve4lfe wrote: I agree 100% but 2 years ago I got my XSMAX 256GB at a great discount if I signed up for 2 years…it was about 828 dollars off the price of phone and each month 34.50 would come off my discount balance that would empty if I stayed with them for 2 years…if I left halfway I would have to pay back 414 of my discount balance since I left 1 year early…
Too bad Telus rarely does this no more
Cool.. my response was to how people do winback after locking into a contract elsewhere (you don't lock into a contract elsewhere).
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12153 posts
3465 upvotes
RFDSimple wrote: I got it 2 weeks ago but i signed up as a new customer. They offered to extend it to the rest of the family as well but i declined. Don't need that much data. Just watch out for their emails, the deals are good sometimes
I'm on a great gov't EPP plan or so I thought, did the 20 GB for $65 nearly 2 years ago with Telus. iPhone XR for $2.50 a month for 2 years (owned afterward). I gave that to my daughter, kept my S9 until next renewal. Hoping there are some good EPP offers near black Friday again, although I am tempted to go in and see if they'll forgive the small "subsidy" left and let me renew now on contract and get a new phone. I never get emails from Telus though, sometimes get texts but the deals don't qualify for me, since I am still under contract. How can I see what deals are coming up via EPP etc? Ours isn't shown through my employer, but rather when they put my work email in, automatically gives me the EPP pricing.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.