Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 13, 2011
45 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

ROGERS OUTRANK - waste of money

People search for your products and services online so as a business person you may want to improve your chances of potential customers finding you and interacting with you so in my case I succumed to a pitch from Rogers Outrank.
Rogers Outrank are completely unable to deliver on their promises at this point, and from my experience in particular should be offering to refund the $1100 monthly cost .
They promise leads/inquiries from a 35km radius ,they give you phone numbers attached to the webpage they create for you . This exposed us to automated dialers from Atlanta ,Ohio, CA,and inquiries unrelated from within Canada, but Rogers Outrank with their Google Maps connection shows them as originating locally and sends you an email that "you've got a lead." . Well Rogers got fooled as well because Renee Hagins from Augusta Georgia 706 790 05-- is not ever going to be my customer, nor is the nice lady from ATB in Alberta. We were given a phone numbers with a 289 prefix Btw which is GTA.
So in our 90 day trial we got 1 lead that was a conversion opportunity. Rogers Outrank did hit their numbers of 12- 20 monthly inquiries if you count people like Renee, but do you want to login for useless activity?This whole deal has to sync with your phone /ISP/spam filters/Google Maps and who knows what else. Save your money.
51 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4321 posts
670 upvotes
How long have you been using them?
What's wrong with 289 numbers?
The thing that you need to understand and it took me a good few days to understand, all they do is create landing pages for your product and use Google Adwords (at a primeum) to market those pages and use those phone numbers so you could track where the caller came from.
After i realized that, i came to the conclusion that it's not what i need and i went to look for SEO services instead.
Banned
Jun 2, 2009
2738 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
Wow so glad I didn't go with them, I saw another bad review on the bbb site and told them I was no longer interested they called me like everyday for 3 months lowering the price for me to sign up by the end they would've done it for 500 bucks lol ...didn't want it and had to permanently put their number on ignore
Idle hands are the devils playthings
Apr 30, 2006
309 posts
151 upvotes
Richmond Hill
They left me several voice messages which I felt were very misleading. The messages sounded like they were potential clients and were interested in my services. It's only when you read between the lines when you realize they're gonna sell you stuff. It was a turn off so I did not return their calls.
Jun 16, 2008
652 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
This is not right, we all know that web optimization requires auditing of at least a month - building a profile and getting to know to the industry. This is so call tracking and proper marketing/audience profiles can be made and a campaign can be made ... right Crackb3rry?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4321 posts
670 upvotes
HeavenLeigh wrote: Wow so glad I didn't go with them, I saw another bad review on the bbb site and told them I was no longer interested they called me like everyday for 3 months lowering the price for me to sign up by the end they would've done it for 500 bucks lol ...didn't want it and had to permanently put their number on ignore
It means that you don't know how they work or you didn't ask the right questions.
The amount of money they take for themselves doesn't change, the only thing that change is the budget you allocate to AdWords. If you ask for a breakdown of those $1000 it will say something like $300 to Rogers and $700 to AdWords. The $500 will show $300 to Rogers and $200 to AdWords.
They plan on telling you that you're getting so many leads that you need to increase the budget which makes sense because if you pay for PPC yourself you will know that if you give it a $10 budget you will get 10 clicks and if you get it a $20 budget you will get 20 clicks (assuming $1 per click)
They probably take a small premium from the AdWords too but no idea how that works.
Banned
Jun 2, 2009
2738 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
flafson wrote: It means that you don't know how they work or you didn't ask the right questions.
The amount of money they take for themselves doesn't change, the only thing that change is the budget you allocate to AdWords. If you ask for a breakdown of those $1000 it will say something like $300 to Rogers and $700 to AdWords. The $500 will show $300 to Rogers and $200 to AdWords.
They plan on telling you that you're getting so many leads that you need to increase the budget which makes sense because if you pay for PPC yourself you will know that if you give it a $10 budget you will get 10 clicks and if you get it a $20 budget you will get 20 clicks (assuming $1 per click)
They probably take a small premium from the AdWords too but no idea how that works.
Yea my point was I showed some interest in their services but the price was something like 1200/ month...I said I was no longer interested and they called me incessantly lowering the price... Extremely pushy and OP"s review sounds like a similar one on BBB about them making people sign contracts pay a crazy amount of money and they don't get the number of calls they are promised for their business.. I wouldn't risk the money doing business with them.
Idle hands are the devils playthings
Sep 20, 2010
74 posts
7 upvotes
Hellfire wrote: Can anyone recommend a good SEO company?
Assuming you're from Edmonton and you have a physical location, I'd recommend Whitespark for local SEO. They're pretty reputable in the industry for their tools and they know what they're doing.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2011
45 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
asaadmq wrote: This is not right, we all know that web optimization requires auditing of at least a month - building a profile and getting to know to the industry. This is so call tracking and proper marketing/audience profiles can be made and a campaign can be made ... right Crackb3rry?
OP here, well we don't all know about web optimization ,certainly not the month part. In my case I purchased on a Thursday they charged my card ,I was to get a call for setup which came on Monday it was setup later that day or Tuesday. I was to receive a follow up call which never came until several days after Rogers couldn't charge my card again,their attempt to charge was 19 business days after setup.
The glitches were,Rogers shows activity we get nothing,Rogers shows calls we get the Rogers chime when we pickup(fixed after 3 weeks) we were not set up with Google for at least the first month, then Google maps shows local action with non corresponding area codes .I sent my notice that I would not renew after 90 days which is up on the 24 of December, last lead was received December 2nd. Seems I'm possibly cut off even though paid to the 24th.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4321 posts
670 upvotes
They rely on AdWords and as part of that they take control of your AdWords, you have zero control over it. I have a tough time giving control to someone else, if something happens they can screw you for a very long time before you manage to get control back.
Aug 26, 2009
440 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
They approached me relentlessly for a week before I agreed to sit through an information session. I found it funny how the guy kept on talking about rogers being the owner of raptors and leafs and all that *****. While the presentation was well designed and speech was clearly aimed at luring you into buying an idea of generating many customers (leads), I found few issues with them. First, the guy was being extremely pushy. He tried everything he could to sign me up on the same day and went on negotiating with me for more than 30 minutes to the extent of waiving off entire set up fees ($1000 according to him). I inherently don't believe people who offer such steep discounts to make a sale. Plus, I got the feeling that all he was interested in was making a sale. Secondly, as someone said above, I would never be comfortable with some one else controlling the AdWords. Next, I figured the same amount of money spent on SEO would get me better results. Lastly, I've had horrible experiences while dealing with rogers in the past that also made me sort of stay away from them. I cannot trust their customer loyalty department.
Feb 24, 2014
1 posts
I concur. I got caught by these folks and I can say that their customer service is very poor. The website they developed for me was the worst kind of cookie cutter copy and it failed to bring in more than one qualified lead in 3 months. Although promised that Rogers Outrank had professional copy and marketing teams to backstop any website that failed to perform I was unable to attract their attention (if they exist) despite repeated verbal and written complaints. The only way I got copy changes was to write them myself - which is what I was paying for. I sincerely doubt that they have any professional marketing people involved in the product they deliver as the copy and paste content was written as if I was selling used electronics or rugs at a deep discount. It was all "rah, rah, - use this guy because he is so good" copy with no sensitivity to my client base or the professional service I provide. I had the result reviewed by another marketing service and they indicated that there was little if any search engine optimization evident in the site and that the web site could have been produced for about 10% of what I paid. Save your money. Find someone who knows what they are doing and pay them to do the same job at 20% or so of what Rogers charges.
Mar 7, 2014
30 posts
1 upvote
PICKERING
I was contacted by Rogers outrank on weekly basis 4 to five times to use "ROGERS OUTRANK"
Over promised and under delivered, the resulted you get ripped off.
Rogers outrank preys and targets small businesses

I paid for $530 SEO for what I could have done myself. Now your question is why I did not do it myself

Because:

I was told Rogers outrank will do the thing to optimize my business that it is beyond my comprehension.
Even when I read their reviews and a few hours later after I gave them my master card I tried to cancel it, the Rep said I can not cancel it.
Ones a week my phone rang and when I picked up it says "ROGERS OUTRANK" I kept saying hello, hello, hellllllooooo
In the end of month email from Rogers stated I had 16 business leads.
I searched and found lots of people scammed by Rogers outrank and I posted their experiences with Rogers outrank in my web site.

http://www.aradgroup.com/rogers/rogers-outrank-scam.htm

Hopefully you do not get scammed by them.
Mar 8, 2014
124 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
We are bombarded with SEO ads. I am sure we wouldn't take Rogers to do it. What they know about it? They are just pushing themselves into new space. You will see similar offering from Bell. They are kind of following and competing with each other. Must admit Rogers was more successful in home security market. SEO, naaaah
Mar 9, 2014
4 posts
I don't understand why people fall for this rogers outrank stuff, do your research guys !
Nov 10, 2009
112 posts
30 upvotes
Wow. I should charge a lot more when I take on SEO and Adword contracts. Anyone can PM for a sanity check if you're approached for these types of offers (I actually don't want SEO contracts) and I'm happy to let you know if they pass the sniff test. I've had many people come to me that were ripped off with SEO and Ad campaigns that I'm happy to steer anyone clear of a scam.
Mar 7, 2014
30 posts
1 upvote
PICKERING
BraVooo, indeed, Honestly I did reach and view rogers outrank right after I gave them my master card. the sales Rap said it is too late, it was not even 24 hours, when they get your credit card you are basically ...

" we put you on first page of Google and any other search engines" was one of Rogers outrank promises.