Expired Hot Deals

Rogers

Pixel 6 for $600 or Pixel 6 Pro for $840 with 2 year contract

  • Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2022 8:51 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 26, 2009
23 posts
7 upvotes

[Rogers] Pixel 6 for $600 or Pixel 6 Pro for $840 with 2 year contract

Deal seems to be applied via a monthly credit to your bill. The financing agreement states that if you leave before the 24 months is up, you have to pay the remaining balance, so it is effectively a 2 year contract. Note that this is not their "Upfront Edge" program, I don't see any requirement to return the phone at the end of the term. I'm sure there is a minimum plan amount needed to qualify, but I haven't been able to find that info.
Rogers.PNG


I'll be honest, I thought this was too good to be true and kept searching for the catch, but I have not been able to find one. Please point out if I am missing something on this.
45 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 4, 2007
1230 posts
832 upvotes
Pixel 6 is not a good phone. It has been plagued with issues. Just wait for Pixel 7. Can people stop posting it here?
Newbie
Jul 16, 2018
7 posts
10 upvotes
LET ME WARN YOU!!! I AM A GOOGLE FAN BUT AFTER THIS PHONE, YOU CAN'T PAY ME TO GET THIS PHONE!!!!
Member
Feb 28, 2009
382 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
If you go through the buy flow (2-3 more clicks), you’ll see the min plan requirement is $85…

Better off buying from Google Store and going BYOP.
PM me for quicker response, thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1750 posts
2381 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Pixel 6 is $799 direct from Google (and has been as low as $699 from Amazon) so you would sign up for 2 years of a expensive Rogers plan to save $100-200? That seems crazy to me but ok.

Also at this point you may as well wait for the Pixel 7. Pixel 6 has been plagued with problems and not worth it IMO. If you absolutely want to get the 6, I would just say wait for the Pixel 6A. Same overall design and Tensor SoC as the 6/6 Pro, but with a better fingerprint scanner and less clunky camera bump. Plus it will be $599 contract free direct from Google: https://store.google.com/ca/product/pixel_6a?hl=en-GB
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2007
1668 posts
1420 upvotes
Canada
This is not a good price. I got a Pixel 6 for 21 a month last year with Koodoo. Plan price there is ~$40 per month for 12GB.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1632 posts
1513 upvotes
VANCOUVER
silversnake71 wrote: If you go through the buy flow (2-3 more clicks), you’ll see the min plan requirement is $85…

Better off buying from Google Store and going BYOP.
Shhhh, people don't look at the big picture.

They see $600 for a phone that retails for $699 on sale thinking they saved $100+, but forget they are overpaying on the plan by over $1000 ($85 - 40=$45 x 24 months = $1080+taxes).

Same thing with their shiny SUV that is paid over 72 or 84 months at 6.99%. People don't care about TOTAL obligations, just monthly and upfront.

/Kickcandowntheroad
Newbie
May 12, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro are a disgrace. Many new phones lose signal for no reason and after six months they still say the fix is coming next month... It's all over the world. Me too you can't pay me to use one now.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2010
1483 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking for a new phone right now and all the carrier subsidized options suck. Even Koodo and Virgin are starting their plans at $60 a month.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 29, 2003
7111 posts
3184 upvotes
GTA
Other than the size/form factor, mediocre FP reader, Pixel 6 has been perfectly fine to me. Awesome battery, superb camera, no reception or performance issues.

I am also running on Android 13 beta and dual sim.

At $799 outright, it's a steal.

With that said, this deal is as terrible as it can get.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6020 posts
4366 upvotes
I love my P6, but i'm in the minority apparently lol.

got it for $19/mo from Rogers, financed (not upfront edge) on release, so I'd say this is a bad price.

edit: Yeah, Rogers is offering to my second line for $15/month right now. Pretty good, it was $20 a few weeks ago lol
Images
  • p6.PNG
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 26, 2009
23 posts
7 upvotes
silversnake71 wrote: If you go through the buy flow (2-3 more clicks), you’ll see the min plan requirement is $85…

Better off buying from Google Store and going BYOP.
It's interesting, when I click through it gives me the offer to either keep my existing plan ($65 for 10 GB) or upgrade to $70 for 60 GB with 6 months of Disney+. I know that's not the most flaming hot plan out there, but seemed not terrible. Not sure if that's because I'm an existing customer.

More concerned about the phone issues people are bringing up. I knew they had a lot of issues at launch, but had figured most had been ironed out with updates. Some minor googling backed that up, but I guess you never know which reviewers are in their pocket.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6020 posts
4366 upvotes
somatik wrote: It's interesting, when I click through it gives me the offer to either keep my existing plan ($65 for 10 GB) or upgrade to $70 for 60 GB with 6 months of Disney+. I know that's not the most flaming hot plan out there, but seemed not terrible. Not sure if that's because I'm an existing customer.

More concerned about the phone issues people are bringing up. I knew they had a lot of issues at launch, but had figured most had been ironed out with updates. Some minor googling backed that up, but I guess you never know which reviewers are in their pocket.
P6 for me has been awesome - honestly it's a great phone. I can assure you google is not paying me lol but I have seen a lot of complaints about the phone, so maybe I am just lucky or I am an inept phone user lol

But, $25/mo isn't a great price. With our $55 plan, Rogers is offering it to us for $15/mo (see the image in my last post).
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 26, 2009
23 posts
7 upvotes
hvc wrote: P6 for me has been awesome - honestly it's a great phone. I can assure you google is not paying me lol but I have seen a lot of complaints about the phone, so maybe I am just lucky or I am an inept phone user lol

But, $25/mo isn't a great price. With our $55 plan, Rogers is offering it to us for $15/mo (see the image in my last post).
I wonder why I don't get that offer. Does it matter what province you're in?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2004
1096 posts
515 upvotes
bpl3ase wrote: LET ME WARN YOU!!! I AM A GOOGLE FAN BUT AFTER THIS PHONE, YOU CAN'T PAY ME TO GET THIS PHONE!!!!
Pixel 6 is fine unless you have baby hands. Everything is top notch. Will echo the fingerprint sensor feedback - takes a second or two to recognize but otherwise great phone.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3582 posts
3148 upvotes
GTA
"BUT THE PIXEL 6 IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT, GOOGLE HAS THEIR S*IT TOGETHER THIS TIME!"
- Pixel owners, at the release of each new phone

Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6020 posts
4366 upvotes
somatik wrote: I wonder why I don't get that offer. Does it matter what province you're in?
I'm in Toronto, not sure if that matters.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 2, 2013
793 posts
851 upvotes
Barrie
hvc wrote: I love my P6, but i'm in the minority apparently lol.

got it for $19/mo from Rogers, financed (not upfront edge) on release, so I'd say this is a bad price.

edit: Yeah, Rogers is offering to my second line for $15/month right now. Pretty good, it was $20 a few weeks ago lol
Na there are a lot of hyperbolic responses online; tis par for the course! I pre-ordered it and have been loving it but it certainly isn't perfect: I occasionally will get the signal loss and connection errors and battery life is hit and miss. However, the camera is absolutely phenomenal (and I would say takes better pictures than my wife's S22), the performance is top-notch and so are the features. Wife had more problems though and we sold it and got her the S22. So are there valid complaints but generally people who are okay with theirs don't chime in.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)