Computers & Electronics

Rogers Price Increase $8 for plans over 20Mbps

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2018 11:05 pm
80 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 24, 2004
2035 posts
688 upvotes
Ottawa
Well, hope they don't touch wholesale price
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37103 posts
23099 upvotes
Center of Universe
Yup, robbers has been doing this for as long as I've been with them.
Thank goodness I got the 8yr W35 plan and not have to worry about increases for now.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
18917 posts
5500 upvotes
Scarberia
damn, so all us on the gigabit net/tv 100$ deal from almost 2 years ago get jacked up too? i think my term ends this june 2018
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
24044 posts
13351 upvotes
Toronto
No surprise with the annual increase.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
8058 posts
4209 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Was ready to leave last year but stayed since got ok deal and Rogers modem has 4 ethernet ports and can use more then one [eg. connect 1 ethernet port to your own router and one ethernet port to a gaming desktop, etc. Rogers modem in bridge]

Remember looking at cannet and carrytel I believe but there modems came with 1 ethernet port only.
Has that changed?

Any suggestions for other ISPs?
2022: BOC raised 3 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017 to 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37103 posts
23099 upvotes
Center of Universe
georvu wrote: Was ready to leave last year but stayed since got ok deal and Rogers modem has 4 ethernet ports and can use more then one [eg. connect 1 ethernet port to your own router and one ethernet port to a gaming desktop, etc. Rogers modem in bridge]

Remember looking at cannet and carrytel I believe but there modems came with 1 ethernet port only.
Has that changed?

Any suggestions for other ISPs?
Interesting, are you confirming that the robber's moden ethernet ports can still be used even through it's in bridge mode?
I have run out of ports on my router and looking at switches, but if I can utilize the modem's ethenet ports; I will be good for now.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4578 posts
821 upvotes
Only port 1 on the gateway is active once the modem is bridged. Either you haven't bridged it properly or your modem is defective.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37103 posts
23099 upvotes
Center of Universe
Kherani wrote: Only port 1 on the gateway is active once the modem is bridged. Either you haven't bridged it properly or your modem is defective.
Is this comment directed to me?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1274 posts
472 upvotes
London, ON
I've never seen such a huge jump in rate increase.. I've see 5$ dollars before 8$ is pushing it.

that is my one fear, that they will apply for new tariffs and play games with indies.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37103 posts
23099 upvotes
Center of Universe
Kherani wrote: To the person above you.
I guess, I need a swtich then!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
13655 posts
2998 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Peeps are getting confused. The base packages are getting hiked up by said amounts. It does not apply to fixed 12 or 24 mos plans or fixed price 12 or 24 mos combo plans (aka internet/cable/hf) deals already in effect. Besides Robbers has promos all the time. They increase the rate then offset by giving large discounts for 12/24 mos. Basically... sucks for peeps who want internet alone and not combo packages.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
8058 posts
4209 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
vkizzle wrote: Interesting, are you confirming that the robber's moden ethernet ports can still be used even through it's in bridge mode?
I have run out of ports on my router and looking at switches, but if I can utilize the modem's ethenet ports; I will be good for now.
Kherani wrote: Only port 1 on the gateway is active once the modem is bridged. Either you haven't bridged it properly or your modem is defective.
Bridged by logging into hitron. Once bridged no wifi ssids from hitron and have to use different ip address to log in. Once logged in the usual settings for wifi, etc. not there.

Done same way with 3 different Rogers' modems and all worked... Others have mentioned same but may have been on Rogers' forums, perhaps on RFD?? Heck, right now using port 2 and port 3!!

Vkizzle: Perhaps you could try? We're in GTA so not sure if region specific but I doubt it.
2022: BOC raised 3 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017 to 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
21159 posts
31981 upvotes
ONTARIO
Hopefully this doesn't affect my $74.99 gigabit internet plan for 12 months deal that I signed up for last November.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 18, 2005
22808 posts
4384 upvotes
Niagara Falls
BobSagget wrote: Hopefully this doesn't affect my $74.99 gigabit internet plan for 12 months deal that I signed up for last November.
You could read the article. It'll tell you the answer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5341 posts
2076 upvotes
Toronto
Evil Baby wrote: You could read the article. It'll tell you the answer.
That article is written by MobileSyrup, not the most credible source out there.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 15, 2014
2462 posts
1256 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Well f....
Worst part is.. they're basically the only game in town (well, them and their resellers).
Bell is not competitive in my area.. oh, and they're increasing prices too.. https://www.bell.ca/servicerates
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 15, 2014
2462 posts
1256 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
This space for rent.

Top